• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The first commercial for Pokemon (A Sneak Peak at Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    There was a commercial made to introduce Nintendo gamers to Pokemon as it was about to hit US shores. Youtube removed some of it but I saw it all and believe me, it was just laughable. If you thought DiC's Sailor Moon commercial was overblown to get the series to sell, then here's the runner-up.

Has anyone else seen it? Did you find it hilarious or just plain bad? I'd post it in the Anime section but this video's about Pokemon overall so... yeah.

Try this video: Download Very First Pokemon Commercial (Super Rare) - Video video at savevid.com
    Then this: The First Pokemon Commercial XD - YouTube

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    LOL Ash's "aunt" called them "Po-kuh-mun"... Weirdest pronunciation I've heard of Pokemon, honestly.

PS, it really sounds like "F*** YOU!" when Pikachu says "PIKACHU!"..

Thanks for this! Really cool!!!

Blaze42

The Spirit of Chaos
    Years
  • I love hilariously bad things, and this up there up there with the Amazing Bulk as some of the funniest.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Oh.. wow. I havent heard the first PokeRap in years!!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I think I somewhat remember seeing something like this on Kids WB when they were promoting the show and it is what intrigued me to watch the show. Though I was 6 at the time and can't exactly remember that far back. So it could of been something else. I do remember , though watching a sneak peak of the series on Kids WB where they showed episode 15 , Battle Aboard the St. Anne. That was the main thing that convinced me to watch the anime.

Going back to the commercials , I thought they were hilariously cheesy and bad. It's just weird how Ash's "aunt" says "Poh-ke-min" and it' just really irks me. But yeah, thanks for showing this.

Back