• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Gary come back?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 27, 2011
Maybe he should come back on a HOSO or something... but I don't know what he's gonna do. :classic:

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
YES!!!! I miss him already. T-T He was definately one of the best characters, and they should've found someone else to be his voice actor. Since he was Ash's rival he was an important character in the show too. And I know I'm going on one of my Gary rants but oh well! I just don't like the idea of him being out of the show completely. On that last episode he said he was going off to discover some new Pok?mon with only his Blastoise, so Ash should see him every now and then in the Hoenn region. And als- *gets dragged away*

:P

Years
Of course he should!
Change the voice acting! Make him wear his cape again and make him much more mature! Plus, they shou... *gets dragged with Kayleigh too*

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
Years
I think he should come back someday

at least in a Hoso or some episodes where he gives research reports

Years
*rushes back into the room*

where was I? Oh yeah! Plus, they should make at least a HOSO where Gary should met Yellow! Yeah Yellow as an anime! Let's see what Viz gets after dumping sp- *gets dragged out again*

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
oni flygon said:
*rushes back into the room*

where was I? Oh yeah! Plus, they should make at least a HOSO where Gary should met Yellow! Yeah Yellow as an anime! Let's see what Viz gets after dumping sp- *gets dragged out again*
*runs back in*

LOL, you're just as determined to get him back onto the show as me! o_o FRIEND!!!!!!!!!! Let's plot some kind of plan to attack 4Kids and other Pok?mon companies, the- *gets dragged off by some man wearing black* x_X;

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Saldy, we can't have him back even though our voice actor for him still works for 4kids, it's the Japanese Pok?mon company that is at fault here. x_x;

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
Ya! whose gonna push Ash around? Whose gonna make Ash train twice as hard...Haruka? no, Harukas only interested in the contests...but who...Im gonna miss Gary...

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
Years
I think Gary should come back. I find Gary a real jerk during the Indigo eps. When he reappeared after the Orange eps, I find him very cool. And kind of mysterious in some way. And I like it a lot.

Gary is a cool character when he isn't in a arrogant mood. I hope the writers will come up with a solution to bring him back. It doesn't matter to me if it is in the series or in a Hoso special.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Kairi said:
Saldy, we can't have him back even though our voice actor for him still works for 4kids, it's the Japanese Pok?mon company that is at fault here. x_x;
Yeah, you're right. ._. *runs to buy plane ticket to Japan*

And also.. I had a weird dream about him where they changed his voice on the show completely. >_>; Lol, it sounded so funny... *runs away to airport*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Kairi said:
True Japan makes the episodes over there and if the VA quit (must have wanted mare money) and thay have no one to replace him and if thay just dont want Gary in the episodes any more then we are just out of luck.
But I do wish Gary would come back (he had a Arcanine).

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Unown_ said:
I think Gary should come back. I find Gary a real jerk during the Indigo eps. When he reappeared after the Orange eps, I find him very cool. And kind of mysterious in some way. And I like it a lot.

Gary is a cool character when he isn't in a arrogant mood. I hope the writers will come up with a solution to bring him back. It doesn't matter to me if it is in the series or in a Hoso special.

I believe he should come back -- regardless if his VA dropped dead or quit, there is the saying, "The show must go on", that fits this situation well. He's still a recurring character that is pretty popular now that he isn't so arrogant to Ash anymore. He and Ash have bonded and I think we'll see more of him in the future. So it doesn't matter if his VA quit, he's still a dynamic character. As for his VA quitting, that gives new definition as to why we have understudies in plays...^_^

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
It is possible to be or become friends friends even to the point of best friends and still be rivals even to the point of all out rivals.

Due, I don't have the show reference to refer you to in the show (wasn't pokemon) that it happened, this quick piece of info should be enough to show a way Ash and Gary are allowed to grow as characters while retaining their rivalry.

Marisa

...I feel lost... *cries*

But anyway, YES, Gary should come back. Shigeru-san is an extremely important character in Pok?mon. Though he made few appearances, he was an important part in almost every story there is. He played the role of Ash's foil throughout the series, after all. Without Gary there to compare him to, a lot of Ash's traits would never have been noticed... like his ability to get angry REALLY quickly... ("Rrr! I'll beat that Gary if it's the last thing I dooo....")

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
Years
I'm all for Gary coming back. I really liked him as a character and he really made Ash work harder. If Gary wasn't there then Ash might not have had a real rival that he had known a long time to compete with. Also I think Gary and Ash have a lot in common. They both really love Pok?mon.
By the way what is Hoso?

Back