• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Infernape vs Ash's Charizard

Who is the fiery champion?

• Ash's Charizard

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Ash's Infernape

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
Years
Just wondering, out of Ash's two most powerful Fire Types who's stronger?

If they were to battle each other at their highest levels who would come out on top?

Last edited:
Years
I voted Infernape cos I watched more DP episodes than OS episodes.

So I got to see its personality better, also I like monkeys.

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
Years
Well its unfortunate when new pokefans miss out on the classic anime eps. But in the day Charizard was probably Ash's strongest pokemon...

Here's a sample of some of Charizard's battles:

The Magmar vs Charizard was probably the best fight he had in Kanto Region. He tanked a dip into lava so he could pull out the win!

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
I gotta say, as a fan of the series overall, I firmly believe that Ash's Charizard would win. If I'm not mistaken, he IS Ash's strongest Pokemon. Plus, isn't Charizard still training at Cinder Valley?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Charizard hands down. It holds the most experience between the two and a type-advantage. It even defeated Articuno.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
Charizard hands down. Every time he comes back he is remarkably more stronger (I guess training in the Charicific Valley will do that for you). And not to mention it already has beaten a few legendaries and while Infernape hasn't really been given the chance yet to attempt this same feat it still counts.

tough

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
Charizard is more powerful then Infernape.Charizard is Ash's most powerful pokemon to date and he will never be forgotten.

King!

better
Years
um, torkoal, obviously

xD Nah, I'd have to go with Charizard. Type advantage, Ash's strongest, etc. Basically what everyone else said. :P I like it's personality, too. ^_^

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Awwww...Hell No...why must it be these 2. You won't believe How I hold same respect for these 2. Check my avatar >_>

Both of them are my top pkmn, they tie in #1, however your question was who would go out a winner...hmmm.....I will say Charizard since he has the advantage and also MUCH MUCH MORE EXPERIENCE. But since you said both of them are at same level, I guess its Charizard for only the advantage. But Infernape Speed and Blaze....Wow....I really can't tell how will it be....

Sorry, but I ain't gonna vote :P I LOVE BOTH AND I don't favor one on the other....

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
one question - does infernape have stone edge?

still ash's charizard was EPIC. So anime-charizard.

Last edited:

tough

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
Charizard will always be number 1 no matter what.Charizard is more powerful then Infernape anyways,i always loved Charizard badass funny personality he always had.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As much as I like the character developments of Charizard and Infernape, I like Infernape better because of how Ash cared for it and Paul couldn't.

Back