• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Upcoming Summer camp ark (new characters appear)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well apparently , There going to be another summer camp ark in Kalo where Shauna Tierno & Trevor will make their appearance.
    Bp7KVw3CUAAI4q6.jpg

Honestly I have no interest in this ark even with the appearance of Shauna , Tierno & Trevor.
    Unless Another ''Giselle'' appear in this ark as the Leader of another group who always clash against Ash & his Group.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giselle
    Sinnoh Summer camp was divided into 3 group ! Red , Blue & Yellow.
    Same thing should happen here and that girl should be the leader of the other group.
    Angie may be good , But her rivalry with Ash was resolve in one episode and she end up becoming a friend.
    Plus we didn't really as good Group rivalry.
    I'm talking about A Girl who's total opposite of Ash and she doesn't become friend within one episode.
    She will remain as bitter rival until the end of ark and finally show respect during the final episode of this ark.
    The whole ark should focus on the rivalry between 2 group where Ash & that girl serve as Leader.
    Ash will have Serena , Clemont ,Bonnie , Shauna , Tierno & Trevor While that girl will have some new character in her Group
    Then when it will be Fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm well interested. But can you please link us to a news source or a reliable translator for this information? I ain't know Japanese; someone tell me about where this summer camp idea is coming from. And if we're going to talk about this apparent arc, let's keep it to that subject. Not how it ~should be~, but speculations on how it might end up being.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    That's pretty cool, I'm glad they're incorporating the characters from the game into more than just a one off appearance. I'm really interested to see it, it sounds like it'll be good.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Natsu da! Butai ha
    Pokemon Sammaa Kyampu
    Soshi-te ano
    Densetsu no Pokemon ga
    Tsuini...!?

Translation:
    It's summer! The location is Pokemon Summer Camp!
    And... THAT (refers to Xerneas according to corresponding silhouette) legendary Pokemon finally...

Tsch, damn you, Anna, making me use brain for translating Japanese =D

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • I dont mind it i was wondering when ash was gonna get rivals this is the first time in the series that we're 30+ episodes in and ash has no rival i was praying for a in cast rival with serena ending up ash's rival yet still be in the main cast like how joey was in YUGIOH but who knows how this will end up

yBKQrZr.gif

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm still hoping for Shauna to be Ash's rival. And if they wanna actually do something interesting, have Tierno be a motivator-type rival to Serena (they're both performer types) and have Trevor and his reserved logic as a foil to Clemont's very experimental style of science/tech.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ^ this. The three rivals from XY can compliment the main cast (minus Bonnie because well yeah) really well if they pull it off right. Which I am really hoping for because jumping from a bunch of rivals to no rivals is a really strange transition to be honest. Moreso than in the past because no other series really had so many reoccuring rivals and for more than just Ash.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    im confused though. Where is this summer camp? why are ash and company going to the summer camp? Maybe to relive professor oaks camp cuz it might be one of those camps that teaches you about pokemon. But why is Xerneas there too? wouldnt this have to take place after the cocoon of destructon considering both legendaries come out of an inanimate object. (tree/cocoon) shauna as ash's rival would be cool since shauna was the only one that battled where as tierno would want to dance with his pokemon and trevor would just want to complete the pokedex. i can imagine trevor sounding like max and shauna being really annoying. but i cant imagine how tierno is. if he starts dancing im just gonna start lauging because hes so big trying to dance. (sorry if that offended anyone)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    im confused though. Where is this summer camp? why are ash and company going to the summer camp? Maybe to relive professor oaks camp cuz it might be one of those camps that teaches you about pokemon. But why is Xerneas there too? wouldnt this have to take place after the cocoon of destructon considering both legendaries come out of an inanimate object. (tree/cocoon) shauna as ash's rival would be cool since shauna was the only one that battled where as tierno would want to dance with his pokemon and trevor would just want to complete the pokedex. i can imagine trevor sounding like max and shauna being really annoying. but i cant imagine how tierno is. if he starts dancing im just gonna start lauging because hes so big trying to dance. (sorry if that offended anyone)

Honestly , I prefer if the camp showcase ''Organize Bullying & Teasing'' and how to deal with it during the summer camp arc.
    Because there are Kids who get bullied at Summer camp Or school .
    May be, If The Anime show Real Kids with Real Problem then may be the younger audience will symbolize with them.
    That's how Doreamon got popular.
    I think the last time the Anime showcase Organize Bullying was at ''EP009 :The School of Hard Knock''.
    That where ''Giselle'' appeared as the ringleader of the bullying activity.
    You know ''Giselle'' ? That Only girl who made Ash drool over Her . Something that no other girl couldn't do unarguably.
    Spoiler:

I rewatched the episode and realize why XY series can't match OS series ! If The creator take away all the dynamic of the show in excuse of development & character growth then off course the show will become less popular.
    May be , Ash & his group encounter another group of Kids at Summer camp who bullies weak kids in name of ''Helping'' Them and Their Ringleader is a Girl like Giselle.
    The whole Summer Camp arc will focus on the Cat & Mouse fight between 2 group .

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Honestly I really don't think rehashing old OS plots would bring anything to the table. Beyond the fact that Giselle's character was really shallow and boring, the episode she was in did very little to address bullying and instead ended up with some kind of random happy ending where Giselle and Joe are friends and all the problematic things are forgotten, hooray. I'd much rather we get an interesting cast of characters with depth to them and their relationships and interactions.

As for the camp itself, I suppose it will be something similar to the one in Sinnoh?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I hope it's along the lines of Sinnoh's summer camp. I'd prefer it to be a little more serious and in-depth than Sinnoh's, though. I wouldn't be surprised if this arc had more of a survival theme rather than Pokémon. I think it would be cool to have everyone working together in small groups competing against each other, like pitting Ash, Clemont, and Serena against Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna. Something like this:
    I'm still hoping for Shauna to be Ash's rival. And if they wanna actually do something interesting, have Tierno be a motivator-type rival to Serena (they're both performer types) and have Trevor and his reserved logic as a foil to Clemont's very experimental style of science/tech.
    but having Shauna rivaling Serena, Tierno rivaling Ash, and Trevor rivaling Clemont. I could see Serena becoming jealous of Shauna, Ash wanting to defeat Tierno in a battle, and Clemont trying to posses more technological prowess than Trevor.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • But Shauna's a battler more than Tierno- Tierno has his own goals, and that's to make a Pokémon Dance Team. He's a performer more than a hardcore battler; if contests were currently a thing he'd totally be a coordinator. He's got his goals down and is intent on pursuing them- I'd equate him to Zoey, in the sense that he's already on his way and doing his thing. Shauna is enthusiastic but lacking in knowledge and technique, much like OS/BW Ash. She's cute and has a spot in her heart for cute Pokémon, but she's definitely a traditional trainer. Trevor is on a quest for knowledge and experience- much like an older and more reserved version of Max.

I think Serena being jealous of Shauna for getting Ash's attention would play right into what the writers have been going for with her, but Ash and Shauna are the type of people to not even register that and be much more Pokémon-focused. I could see potential for Shauna to really want to be friends with Serena because she's a wonderful baker and has a super cute Pokémon, but Serena giving her the cold shoulder and Shauna being really confused. Serena is so Ash-focused that it might be hard for her to interact with Tierno, but if she ends up impressed by his performances and Pokémon she might open up to him. Maybe he could bring up contests to her, who knows.

Wobbu

Years
  • I know that Tierno is a little different than your average Trainer, but iirc he still wanted to become a powerful Trainer. Help I haven't played X in months haha. The only reason why I paired Tierno with Ash is because Trevor seems like a perfect match for Clemont, and, much like you said in your second paragraph, Serena will likely become jealous of Shauna for getting Ash's attention, causing Serena to try and overshadow Shauna (making those two a perfect fit). We only have Tierno and Ash remaining (and Bonnie, but she'll probably join in with Serena and Shauna), so I feel like they could definitely match up. They might not be rivals per se, but I think his personality could best be exploited through the use of Ash and their common interests.Who knows, maybe Ash will be rivaled against all three of them and Bonnie will be Tierno's main rival. I just hope that if Serena becomes jealous of Shauna, she'll actually do something about it rather than putting it aside. There could definitely be a lot potential for her to finally get out of the rut that's hiding her ambition through the introduction of these three characters.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Tierno isn't the battling type. When you battle him between the seventh and eighth gyms after you beat Team Flare after you beat him the other two are shocked that he asked for a battle to begin with. He wanted to become stronger them, but he's definitely more focused on his dream of being a dancer more than being a powerful Pokemon trainer. Though, to be fair, the only reason I know this is because I got to that part in my recent Y playthrough like.... yesterday.

That said it's possible for Tierno to be Ash's rival but I like the fit of Shauna vs Ash/Tierno vs Serena/Trevor vs Clemont as rivals to each other the best. And it's not just because Ash having a female rival would be amazing uwu. And to be honest even though a rivalry between Serena and Shauna happening due to jealousy could happen I'm not really sure if I want it to happen? Serena's been pretty shallow enough as is and I want something that will build her more depth. Something that isn't so closely related to Ash. But that's just me personally.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If it is an Arc, then it will probably be at least six episodes. This would be a perfect time to bring in Team Flare if they bring them in.

To be honest, I am doubting any of them will become real rivals. Maybe just in the arc, but that is it.

I just hope it had a good storyline.

Wobbu

Years
  • Tierno isn't the battling type. When you battle him between the seventh and eighth gyms after you beat Team Flare after you beat him the other two are shocked that he asked for a battle to begin with. He wanted to become stronger them, but he's definitely more focused on his dream of being a dancer more than being a powerful Pokemon trainer. Though, to be fair, the only reason I know this is because I got to that part in my recent Y playthrough like.... yesterday.

That said it's possible for Tierno to be Ash's rival but I like the fit of Shauna vs Ash/Tierno vs Serena/Trevor vs Clemont as rivals to each other the best. And it's not just because Ash having a female rival would be amazing uwu. And to be honest even though a rivalry between Serena and Shauna happening due to jealousy could happen I'm not really sure if I want it to happen? Serena's been pretty shallow enough as is and I want something that will build her more depth. Something that isn't so closely related to Ash. But that's just me personally.

I could also see Shauna and Ash butting heads, but I think Serena will try to interfere with the two. Idk, it's hard for me to make judgments based off of Serena's personality when she rarely does anything. It would be nice to see her do something for herself and focus on interacting with one of the three, but based off of what I've watched from XY, she tends to revolve her actions around impressing Ash, and its hard for me to see that changing anytime soon. I see your point, though, because Shauna is the most inclined to battling out of the three. As for Tierno, maybe his dancing could bring out another one of Serena's hidden interests. Though dancing would probably be another one of Serena's one-off interests.

A hypothetical way that all of this could be put together is:
    -Ash and Shauna battle each other
    -Shauna loses and Ash helps her train and Serena becomes jealous
    -Serena and Tierno share an interest with dancing
    -Serena learns a fun dance from Tierno and shows it off to Ash with hopes of getting his attention

Years
  • Shauna is really fitting for a rival. She looks like she'd have the outgoing and spunky personality which I'd love to see more of yet at the same time, hopefully, won't be as unbearable as Bianca was in B/W. Hopefully she also won't be too much of a pushover either.

But very excited for this either way. :D I mean mygod we get to see the XY trainers which is good enough in my eyes.

Having Serena learn a little bit more about dancing would be adorable even if she's not doing it to impress Ash, though I'd love to have a bit of a love triangle there if possible for amusement.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    if serena gets shauna as her rival and ash gets tierno, maybe tierno can help with his battling by making dance moves. like spinning around in the air to avoid attacks and lunging to get away faster. maybe even like dawn did with ambipom and he makes one of his pokemon breakdance and have it shoot its move everywhere so ash's pokemon can't escape from it.

i would love for serena to get jealous of shauna and try to learn a dance from tierno with fennekin. and ash is like "sorry serena but i have to train" and doesn't even get to see her dance XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I hope Shauna doesn't turn into another Bianca .
    I prefer Shauna to act cheerful & energetic But also has a sly personality.
    She would like to tease people a lot and mess with them . For example If Ash , Clemont , Trevor & Tierno are forced to cross-dress Then she would take their pic and post those on Internet . Honestly , I can't explain so I just post this girl pic as Shauna's model
    Z

Yaya Yuiki (Shugo Chara)

I mean wouldn't you all like to see Scene like this in Summer Camp-

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    I wasn't expecting a rival for Ash this soon, since he/she wasn't introduced in the first 5 episodes of the Kalos series. I thought we got to see one only close to the Kalos League.

But if one of the three will be Ash's rival I strongly believe to be Shauna. And why? Because of the starter Pokémon who seem like to belong to them. Shauna has a Bulbasaur who is strong against Ash's Froakie, Tierno a Squirtle who is stronger than Serena's Fennekin and Trevor Charmander against Clemonts Chespin. I say this beacause rivals "usualy" pic the Pokémon who have a type-advantage.

Back