• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Team for Pokemon X

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Hi!

It's been a while since I've played Pokemon and I decided to make a return with Pokemon X.

I am looking to create an ideal team to beat the game. I was quite familiar with the first 251 Pokemon. Even 386 was digest-able, but now.. Man, have things changed or what? So here's what I am hoping for:

Charizard
    Alakazam
    Greninja
    Aegislash
    Heliolisk
    Goodra

I have only used the first 2 pokemon and have settled on the remaining 4 based on what I gathered from various blogs/posts online. Suggestions for other Pokemon and move sets are highly encouraged.

Moreover, I have just started with my Froakie and I hope to build this team before the E4 without having to trade (except the Alakazam of course). Is it a feasible team? In the sense, can I collect the base forms of these Pokemon along the journey before I hit the Victory Road (I hope that is still the same)?

Thanks for reading!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Looks pretty solid. I don't see any problems with the Pokemon chosen. I'll suggest some movesets to help out:

Charizard
    - Flamethrower / Flare Blitz
    - Dragon Claw
    - Hone Claws / Power-Up Punch
    - Roost / Brick Break / Earthquake

Fly or Air Slash can be considered if you don't plan on using its Mega Evolution.

Alakazam
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind / Charge Beam

Psybeam can replace any of them if you want a high PP STAB movw.

Greninja
    - Surf
    - Dark Pulse / Night Slash
    - Ice Beam
    - Water Shuriken (filler)

Aegislash
    - Shadow Claw / Shadow Ball
    - Iron Head
    - Sacred Sword
    - Swords Dance / King's Shield

Heliolisk
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Focus Blast
    - Charge Beam

Goodra
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower / Muddy Water
    - Thunderbolt
    - Sludge Bomb

A lot of these moves are learned or found rather late in the game, so I only recommend using these movesets as a loose guideline.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Looks pretty solid. I don't see any problems with the Pokemon chosen. I'll suggest some movesets to help out:

Charizard
    - Flamethrower / Flare Blitz
    - Dragon Claw
    - Hone Claws / Power-Up Punch
    - Roost / Brick Break / Earthquake

Fly or Air Slash can be considered if you don't plan on using its Mega Evolution.

Alakazam
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind / Charge Beam

Psybeam can replace any of them if you want a high PP STAB movw.

Greninja
    - Surf
    - Dark Pulse / Night Slash
    - Ice Beam
    - Water Shuriken (filler)

Aegislash
    - Shadow Claw / Shadow Ball
    - Iron Head
    - Sacred Sword
    - Swords Dance / King's Shield

Heliolisk
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Focus Blast
    - Charge Beam

Goodra
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower / Muddy Water
    - Thunderbolt
    - Sludge Bomb

A lot of these moves are learned or found rather late in the game, so I only recommend using these movesets as a loose guideline.

Hey awolffromspace!

Thanks for the reply. I will probably go with Fly for Charizard as I need it. Will override it after beating the game if the need be. It is possible to get these Pokemon in the course of the game without deviating too much right?

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
    Years
  • Not bad at all! But I would say you should replace Heliolisk with a Lucario or Lapras, they are great pokemon and you get some for free in the storyline. And Lucario is a priority for most because if you don't get it you miss a vital mega stone. Just remember to have a pokemon that can learn strength on your team.
    Ps: If you want to use Absol (cool sweeper from gen 3) remember that you get the megastone in the aftergame.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Not bad at all! But I would say you should replace Heliolisk with a Lucario or Lapras, they are great pokemon and you get some for free in the storyline. And Lucario is a priority for most because if you don't get it you miss a vital mega stone. Just remember to have a pokemon that can learn strength on your team.
    Ps: If you want to use Absol (cool sweeper from gen 3) remember that you get the megastone in the aftergame.

Hi lucariokul!

I see that Lucario is a Fighting/Steel Pokemon. Would a Heliolisk not add more of a balance to the team?

Years
  • Hi lucariokul!

I see that Lucario is a Fighting/Steel Pokemon. Would a Heliolisk not add more of a balance to the team?

Heliolisk can actually learn Surf via the HM, which can come in handy for dealing with its Ground weakness. It's definitely a good move to use since it's one of the best reliable Water moves in the game because it hits for solid damage with no drawbacks.

Back