• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Mastermind_X proudly presents: The Shiny Hack

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
The improved version doesn't work for me... (the first one does).
I just copied byte by byte the routine under the epigraph "Second issue: The infinity of shinys", permuting the words (ABCD ->CD AB), the only difference is that instead of 71b700 I wrote it at 742300, and in 0x406d0 I wrote 00 23 74 instead of 00 b7 71 (for obvious reasons).

I just opened the memory viewer at the location where I wrote the stuff in 16-bit mode and assured that I haven't commited a mistake copying the words. They're identical.

Am I the only one having issues with this? Because I just don't understand where's the mistake.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
The improved version doesn't work for me... (the first one does).
I just copied byte by byte the routine under the epigraph "Second issue: The infinity of shinys", permuting the words (ABCD ->CD AB), the only difference is that instead of 71b700 I wrote it at 742300, and in 0x406d0 I wrote 00 23 74 instead of 00 b7 71 (for obvious reasons).

I just opened the memory viewer at the location where I wrote the stuff in 16-bit mode and assured that I haven't commited a mistake copying the words. They're identical.

Am I the only one having issues with this? Because I just don't understand where's the mistake.

Yeah! I 'am having the same problem, first I tried it on Fire Red, when I walked into the grass the game restarted, and same thing happens for Ruby...
I think there's no mistake there...

@Mastermind_X --> Can you tell whats going on??? and by the way hows the development going for the Day/Night System for Fire Red/Leaf Green, cause I think you completed the one for Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire eh??? What's the other two projects you're working on???
I just wanted to know!!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
My rom doesn't restart, it just works as always. Put the 1 at 02022000 in the memory and nothing happened. Tried the script with the callasm and doesn't work either, although the memory is altered as it should (I suppose that later on, when the edited version works, I'd have to remove a callasm because the game will already reset the flag for me, which by the way, it doesn't)

with the old asm script, it worked perfectly, so the problem is in the repointed asm script in &H742300 (&H71b700 in the original) and not in the one at &H406d0.
Since the one that worked and the new one were exactly in the same hex positions, definitively the problem is not on putting the stuff in different positions of rom, which wouldn't make any sense.
Assuming Mastermind_X's script is right (which I may doubt, maybe he commited a mistake when copying it or something), I'm puzzled

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Um...I tried the bugfixed version, this time the rom doesnt crash, but how do you make a shiny ecounter...I've been trying for almost one hour, can anyone help??? Sorry for being a loser at ASM,

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Um...I tried the bugfixed version, this time the rom doesnt crash, but how do you make a shiny ecounter...I've been trying for almost one hour, can anyone help??? Sorry for being a loser at ASM,
First, you should test if it works:

In VBA, go to tools/memory viewer and go to 02022000 (there's a goto box in the corner). make the first byte be 01 and hit the box "automatic update". Encounter a pokemon. Shiny? success! the 01 you wrote is now a 00 again? Great success!

Now, if you haven't already done it, copy the asm script that automatically writes the 01 in the memory like you just did in the test:
0071b770h: 07 B5 03 48 01 68 01 22 51 40 01 60 07 BD 00 00 ; .µ.H.h."Q@.`.½..
0071b780h: 00 20 02 02 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ; . ..ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

Then you make a common script, with the messages and all the stuff you wish.
Before the battle, use the command
callasm 0xA 'where A is the offset where you write the asm script above+1. In the example, callasm 0x71b771.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
First, you should test if it works:

In VBA, go to tools/memory viewer and go to 02022000 (there's a goto box in the corner). make the first byte be 01 and hit the box "automatic update". Encounter a pokemon. Shiny? success! the 01 you wrote is now a 00 again? Great success!

Now, if you haven't already done it, copy the asm script that automatically writes the 01 in the memory like you just did in the test:
0071b770h: 07 B5 03 48 01 68 01 22 51 40 01 60 07 BD 00 00 ; .µ.H.h."Q@.`.½..
0071b780h: 00 20 02 02 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ; . ..ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

Then you make a common script, with the messages and all the stuff you wish.
Before the battle, use the command
callasm 0xA 'where A is the offset where you write the asm script above+1. In the example, callasm 0x71b771.

Thanks alot Baro! It works fine for Fire Red but not ruby, cause I want to implement it on Ruby.

In Ruby, the game doesn't crash, everything is going fine but when I put 01 @ 02022000 the 01 turns back to 00 when I ecounter a pokemon, and its not shiny...Well? Can you help again????

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
hi.
i have gotten this to work properly at last but the offest MMX used (0x71b700) i have things there and i dont want to over write them (because i dont know what it is). I cant seem to get this to work if i place the modified code anywhere else in the rom. please can sombody help me with this.

edit: i ve got it to work from another place in the rom but not without the bit at 0x71b700. i have copyed 0x71b700 to 0x83b700 and did callasm 0x83b771 and it works but not without the same thing at 0x71b700. any suggestions?

thanks in advance
link

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
hi.
i have gotten this to work properly at last but the offest MMX used (0x71b700) i have things there and i dont want to over write them (because i dont know what it is). I cant seem to get this to work if i place the modified code anywhere else in the rom. please can sombody help me with this.

edit: i ve got it to work from another place in the rom but not without the bit at 0x71b700. i have copyed 0x71b700 to 0x83b700 and did callasm 0x83b771 and it works but not without the same thing at 0x71b700. any suggestions?

thanks in advance
link
In the code you write at 0x04somewhat, there's a part that goes 01 b7 71 08, it's a pointer to 0x71b701. Write the code wherever you want and edit the pointer. Remember that you have to add 1 for the pointer. (ex: you write it at 0x765430, the pointer is 31 54 76 08)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
In the code you write at 0x04somewhat, there's a part that goes 01 b7 71 08, it's a pointer to 0x71b701. Write the code wherever you want and edit the pointer. Remember that you have to add 1 for the pointer. (ex: you write it at 0x765430, the pointer is 31 54 76 08)

thanks so much again teh baro. you are an amazing hacker. how did you manage to become so good? thank you so much.

link

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
I tried it!!
It work's 100% on Fire Red but not on Ruby,
Um...Can anyone tell me why the random thingy dont work for ruby???

The thing with ruby is: Well, I've input the code - correctly, when I put 01 @ 02022000 and ecounter a pokemon, the 01 quickly turns back to 00 and the pokemon's not shiny, same thing happens with the callasm thingy...

Perhaps! The offset of the random generator's for Fire Red only - I'm confused here? How come it doesn't work for Ruby??? Can anyone help??? This whole thing is confusing for Ruby.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
I have a question...
Is there the possibility to just do a single pokemon (in a total of more than 2) of the trainer Shiny to be (how in the battle tower)??
It ties now only got to do with all of the pokemons...

Back