• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anybody here trying out for PokeSpeAni?

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Just curious is all. In case you didn't know, there are people who are trying to make a Pokemon Special 'Anime'. I would link to it, but it's a forum so I can't. But nothing wrong with googling right? lol
    Anyway, it seems there getting some things done. Anybody here part of it?

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • All those PokeSpecial animation projects are born dead, the past has proven that.

Well with that kind of attitude, nothing is going to get done, certainly.

Yes, it is difficult to organize such a huge undertaking, but some people might have enough determination to get the job done.

Only problem is with copyrights... not sure if gamefreak/nintendo would give it the boot.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They're giving it some awesome effort, but I think people say the ideas are 'born dead' because just fully animating/coloring a three minute scene takes a lot of work. Put that together with how long any one series in PokeSpe is.. and that would take more effort that anyone would be willing to put into it. Even if it manages to get through a few short episodes, chances are that's as much as we'll get unless Japanese decides to professionally release a PokeSpe anime. x__x

Either way, it would be neat to see even one or two episodes of this get done. I'd love to see the characters animated, fanmade or not.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • I know that I shouldn't bump something on the first page, but proof to all those that says its born dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0YvyDZSFhk

Show me it when a final version of first episode is done.

Also, all previous PokeSpe fan animation projects had one common fail - they were totally uncreative. They carbon-copied the manga. I want to see some creativity, alterations from the original manga version. I'm not saying that they should alter the principles of PokeSpe canon. Just some additional things that would make the animation more amusing and something more than carbon-copy. Come on, this is fanwork after all.

TheViolentTomboy

I'll hit you with this thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010

Also, all previous PokeSpe fan animation projects had one common fail - they were totally uncreative. They carbon-copied the manga. I want to see some creativity, alterations from the original manga version. I'm not saying that they should alter the principles of PokeSpe canon. Just some additional things that would make the animation more amusing and something more than carbon-copy. Come on, this is fanwork after all.

Dude. Do you even watch some official anime? THAT'S WHAT NEARLY ALL MANGA-BASED ANIME DO. They strive to get as much of the original feeling of the source material in, and if they DO add something else into it, it's usually just padding, filler, or a hastily done ending. And you know how much we all love filler.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012

What is that suppose to mean actually? Don't manga that get turned into anime get carbon-copied?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Well its not impossible, look what they did to the "new" fullmetal alchemist episodes. I highly believe that they could make this successful. And I would totally watch it every waking hour lol.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • well the storyboards looked very promising. So I'm excited about that being done.... I wonder what the theme song will be like....

but about the fillers: It would be nice to see just a little fillers..... but not like the amount of fillers that Naruto had....*shudders*

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • To be perfectly honest, the panels pretty much are a storyboard. Not much needed to be added. But yeah, it's a lot of work for what is likely to be very few people.
    In other news, this sounds amazing. Would be awesome to lend a hand. Wish I had skills or confidence, or whatever it is you need to do something this cool.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I think that it could be done, but it would be extremely hard. It would take a lot of time , a lot of effort, and a lot of skill. It might now get at as far as intended, but I think they will at least try. I would love to see at least a few episodes of this, if it comes about.

TheViolentTomboy

I'll hit you with this thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    We do have a theme song in the works; we got the tune down and a few possible lyrics, but now we're just trying to find someone who can sing it. That and we're planning the OP animation.

No fillers. We're not getting paid and animating takes way too long anyways.

Join the forum, and at the very least, you can pitch in ideas and stuff, point out if something doesn't work out. That's all I can do -_-...that and I find references for various stuff.

Pass!on

I'll go swimmin' in your eyes
    Years
  • Show me it when a final version of first episode is done.

This.
    And for the record, most manga-based anime I've seen do make altercations, some more drastic than others, and it turned out perfectly fine. It wouldn't be as interesting if they didn't. So completely carbon-copying the manga shouldn't be the goal of adapting it to an anime.

Anyway, the idea seems really fun. I've love to see a few episodes of Pokespe.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Hmm, I came across this while googling, and made an account just to comment here :p

All those PokeSpecial animation projects are born dead, the past has proven that.

Hmm, it's pretty difficult to animate, particularly when understaffed. But this project is making quick progress with episode 1, and we're not planning to drop it all anytime soon.

Well, you can chat all you want about what you want, but in reality, how easy is that? Animating is already a lot of hard work, and you're asking people to add scenes in without a basis to work from and get it spot on. I mean, fine, we're all for adding in little bits here and there where appropriate - some scenes, particularly battle scenes, lend themselves to extension, but we're not going to put in a whole laod of extra effort to add little bits JUST to be different form the manga. Of course, if anybody's got some genius ideas, I'm all ears.

I kinda made thsi post to stick up for a project a lot of people feel was stillborn, which is a load of crap. And kinda maybe to get it some attention :p Seriously though, with much better organisation happening, this project IS moving forward. We'd love more skilled people to move it on faster though <3

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Hmm. I'm always skeptical of projects like this, but this one does look like it's charging forward. So far, it's looking quite good art wise, and the voice acting is better than the usual fanime I come across (though, those also have the worst art ever). It'd be great to see this actually come into fruition.

I also personally have no problem with it mostly following the manga. I can agree that changing it for the sake of changing it isn't necessary. Although, if you mean changing it just so that it flows better as an animation, then yeah, obviously that would be a must. Directly following how a manga usually won't translate well when animated, is all. Those involved in this particular project seem to understand how to work with it, though, so I don't see this as being a problem.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2016
    I refuse to write off something so quick, as some of the others in this topic seem to be doing. Definitely looks like it's worth getting into. Wish I could help with it, but I'm much too busy for it.

Years
  • I was surprised and amazed with the NicoNico Douga version. If they were able to do it, you guys can. Although I would rather not understand the language and just read subs so I won't be tempted to criticize the voice acting. :B

And yeah it would be fine if you guys use the Anime's Theme songs. it applies enough. :U

Back