• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a script that pauses all events/autotiles/animations

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Is there a script I can call the will pause/lock all events/movement in general on the screen? If not, can someone point me in the right direction to make one?

Thanks

Edit

I figured it out if anyone else wants/needs this.

In Scene_Map I did this
    Code:
    def updateMaps
        for map in $MapFactory.maps
          map.update if $game_switches[106]==false
        end
        $MapFactory.updateMaps(self)
      end

I added the if statement.

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I using this script and it works fine fo me. :)
    Spoiler:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Sorry I guess I wasn't too clear :/ my bad. I only want to pause events/animations in the OVERWORLD. Everything else needs to still function...

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I guess you could stop updating all the events, if that's what you're aiming for. This can be done by changing the condition in line 421 in Game_Map_ (or just Ctrl-Shift-F search for "event.update").

Old: "if in_range?(event) or event.trigger == 3 or event.trigger == 4"
    New: "if !$game_switches[69] && (in_range?(event) or event.trigger == 3 or event.trigger == 4)"

Now if you want to freeze all events just set the switch with id 69 on. You can change this number, but make sure nothing else in the game uses this switch. Also, this will only stop the events from walking, but you'll still be able to talk with them. Hope this helps!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    I guess you could stop updating all the events, if that's what you're aiming for. This can be done by changing the condition in line 421 in Game_Map_ (or just Ctrl-Shift-F search for "event.update").

Old: "if in_range?(event) or event.trigger == 3 or event.trigger == 4"
    New: "if !$game_switches[69] && (in_range?(event) or event.trigger == 3 or event.trigger == 4)"

Now if you want to freeze all events just set the switch with id 69 on. You can change this number, but make sure nothing else in the game uses this switch. Also, this will only stop the events from walking, but you'll still be able to talk with them. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! This is a great start. Now I don't suppose you would know how to do the same with fogs and auto tiles?

Back