• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
To keruso: congrats for the bidoof, going to evolve it or train it to max lv without evolving?
Also good luck with charmander.

To theshinyeevee: Ho-oh and articuno are nice targets, maybe you can alternate your hunts between moving and non-moving targets, hatching requires moving and SR don't in some occasions. Hope you get riolu soon.

To shinysearcher01: the IRC channel sounds good, going to try it out soon.

Updates coming soon, I wonder how the eevee race is going.

Cya and happy hunting everyone.

Years
TSE: (can I call you that? haha) well, if you could do userbars, that would be great.
I just can't get gradients to work. My Shiny Card was made by a fellow called Epic-Latios-Master.
He hasn't posted since you last did, and I don't know if he'd want to make them for everyone.If you wanna make some, go ahead.

Yeah, sure thing!
I will do! Probably I'll do some tomorrow. Or at the weekend. Sometimes soon though, haha!
Ahh, gradients. Pretty!
Well, if anybody wants a shiny card thingymajigger, be sure to leave me a PM/VM and I'll hop right to it!

To theshinyeevee: Ho-oh and articuno are nice targets, maybe you can alternate your hunts between moving and non-moving targets, hatching requires moving and SR don't in some occasions. Hope you get riolu soon.

Yeah, I might just do that. Thanks! Good luck with your hunts : )

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
To keruso: congrats for the bidoof, going to evolve it or train it to max lv without evolving?
Also good luck with charmander.

it will be used in a future team like almost all the other shinies i have (save a few that dont evolve that i have, like Farfetch'd), and i have another Bidoof from chaining a long while back, so if i dont happen to find another shiny Bidoof (dear god, i hope not) or Bibarel, i will have the shiny set.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Note: I may be having slight troubles with IRC-
if you see me or any other nick entering then exiting very fast, it
is just me. Don't worry.

EDIT: Problem Solved.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Gah!! I totally forgot about the Monthly Quest. Sorry, guys. To make up for it, the contest is open until March 9th. Thanks to Chr. Draco for reminding me!

February Quest:

Find shinies! Which shinies, you ask? You may fulfill any of the following requirements:

1) Find a shiny Luvdisc and an Ice-type shiny (it's still Winter!).
2) Catch two shinies from the same egg group.
3) Breed 2 shinies with egg moves.

Same rules as always. You only need to complete one of the three options in order to complete the quest. Good luck!

Thanks to Chr. Draco for contributing some suggestions for the monthly quest - all members are more than welcome to make suggestions!

A new one will begin on March 1st, so there will be 2 occurring concurrently for a period of time. And no, I didn't purposely arrange this whole situation so that I could use the word "concurrently" in a post! :pink_laugh:

First, I got a shiny musharna on january 19th

Congrats! "lol" thanks for the sig - let's hope it protects us from the nefarious Medusa Method! :cer_laugh:

And that's funny, we fit three of G-Money's posts on one page! :pink_wink:

:pink_giggle:

I've decided I might as well join up here. But one quick question, why doesn't chaining count for the challenges?

Welcome to the club! Chaining doesn't count for the challenges because once you master it, it's a lot easier than traditional hunting methods. Whereas it might take 40 hours on average to find a shiny through REing, you might be able to find a shiny every hour if you're really good at chaining. This isn't really fair to the people who are hunting using other methods, so chained Pokemon don't count for the contests. You can still hunt them, though!

Welcome to the club, Wolfsbane! (I figure I can do this, sorry if only the owner can accept new members)

Basically what G-Money said. If you wanted to get it fixed, you can either:
If you also have a copy of Emerald or FRLG, two GBAs and a link cable, just hold SELECT and B as you boot it, and follow the instructions.

Contact Nintendo. They will replace your game for free, however, you will lose all saved data.

Everyone is more than welcome to make members feel more than welcome (which would make everyone more than welcome to be more than welcome, hopefully earning us a Welcome+ Certification by the Board), but I think we're still going by the "you become an official member once you're welcomed by an owner or co-owner." As always, though, all you have to do to join is post! It's like becoming a country and then having other countries acknowledge you as a country.

I think that the E/FR/LG fix is only for the Berry Glitch and not the internal battery. I could be wrong, but I think that it lets berries grow again but doesn't change the battery once it dies for good.

this breaks my 4 and a half month drought

Congrats! You've completed the weekly challenge, "lol."

Just hit 1234 eggs on Riolu! Nothing special, just a funny number :D

Haha, I love numbers like that. Some people post when they reach numbers like that...

I'm at 1212 SRs now

EDIT: 1234 Drifloon. :)
EDIT II: 1313 Drifloon

:pink_laugh:

The SHC now has it's own IRC Channel!

What a great idea!! Thank you so much! This is really awesome; I'm going to edit it into the first post.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Haha, I love numbers like that. Some people post when they reach numbers like that...

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
I'm at 1212 SRs now

EDIT: 1234 Drifloon.
View original post

'lol'! did you ever complete your ''Hoenn race against time?''
I'm at around 80 Snivy. If you only need to do one part of the quests
to complete them, then I have completed the year quest with that Roggenrola, right?

And also, is there a less annoying way to quote posts with credit than to have them all quoted, and deleting what you don't want?

G-Money

Years
'lol'! did you ever complete your ''Hoenn race against time?''
I'm at around 80 Snivy. If you only need to do one part of the quests
to complete them, then I have completed the year quest with that Roggenrola, right?

And also, is there a less annoying way to quote posts with credit than to have them all quoted, and deleting what you don't want?

"lol" at your 'lol'! :cer_laugh:

I'm still working on the Hoenn Quest. I ended up getting Treecko and Beldum, but I'm probably going to wait until the R/S/E remakes come out to catch the others. My Sapphire internal battery ran out, but there's not much certainty as to whether or not I can still SR. Everyone says something different, so I'm just going to play it safe and search for them in other games. The quest is still on, though! And I'll get every Ghost-type and starter, too...

I don't know what you mean by posts with credit, but I just quote the whole thing and delete the parts to which I'm not responding.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Bidoof, Keruso! That's the quickest a weekly contest has been won.

The IRC Channel is a good idea.

My Hunts:
Litwick: 2,711
Eevee: 48
Axew: 336
Charmander: 11
Dratini: 10
Girafarig: 5
Cyndaquil: 4

Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee
Just hit 1234 eggs on Riolu! Nothing special, just a funny number :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money
I'm at 1212 SRs now

EDIT: 1234 Drifloon. :)

2%20laugh.gif

Lol! Gotta love awesome numbers to pipe up conversation!

Congrats on the shiny Bidoof, Keruso! That's the quickest a weekly contest has been won.

The IRC Channel is a good idea.

My Hunts:
Litwick: 2,711
Eevee: 48
Axew: 336
Charmander: 11
Dratini: 10
Girafarig: 5
Cyndaquil: 4

I do hope you get something soon! That Litwick hunt really is insane. Good luck to all of your hunts!

As for myself, I'm at 522 MM Eggs for Snivy, and 1275 MM Eggs for Riolu!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
I agree the IRC channel is good, and congratz Keruso.

My Hunts:
Charmander - 530 Eggs
Litwick - 150 RE's (I know still not much but I really want shiny Charmander)

I thought Mew was unobtainable shiny, but Bulbapedia says the Mew on Faraway Island can be found Shiny

Also if I use a cheating device to get to a place (like Faraway Island or Birth Island), but I legitly get the shiny, Mew or Deoxys lets say, will that count?

Anyway I hope I get Shiny Charmander tonight so I can move on with litwick (plus it being a starter qualifies for the yearly quest =D)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
To help with the club I'm going to post a new item, maybe it will work, it will be in my signature for a short time.

I've seen the IRC and looks great, hope to see you guys there.

To arceus whisper: don't know, wait for G-Money to give you an official answer about it. Hope you get charmander before 1000 SR´s.

To Latios Master: can't believe you're still with litwick, hope my signature helps you.

No updates for now, maybe soon.

Cya and happy hunting.

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
"lol" at Chr.'s sig! :cer_laugh:

Also if I use a cheating device to get to a place (like Faraway Island or Birth Island), but I legitly get the shiny, Mew or Deoxys lets say, will that count?

Yes! Since there's no other way to reasonably get those shinies (as not everyone can get the events), it's acceptable to cheat to teleport to the island, save, take the AR out, and then SR normally.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
100 Snivy. (So much faster than Roggenrola!)

"lol" at your 'lol'! :cer_laugh:

My Sapphire internal battery ran out, but there's not much certainty as to whether or not I can still SR. Everyone says something different, so I'm just going to play it safe and search for them in other games. The quest is still on, though!

Well, if the RNG used to generate the PID in Gen III is the same as in Gen V, then you cannot obtain shinies at all regardless of method. However, if you've got $5, a soldering gun, and a tri-wing screwdriver, you can fix the internal battery, easy as pie. I won't post links for fear of spamming, but if your interested, shoot me a VM or catch me on IRC. (Thanks for all the positive receptions about it BTW)

And I'll get every Ghost-type and starter, too...

If you don't mind, I might join you on that starter quest. They always make the best shinies!

One more question, is egg data (eg. shinies) generated when the egg is (every 256 steps, the game decides if it has found an egg or not) or when the DC Man gives it to you? If the latter is true, we have a much quicker way to Masuda: get the DC Man to hold an egg and save in front of him. Hatch the egg. SR till shiny.

Good Luck everyone!

Edit: 115 Snivy. I'm going to pause Eevee (won't take it from Bebe, so I can resume later)
I want to start a route 208 hunt. There are lots of shinies I like there.
Also, I really want to start SRing starters in SS, but there are many of my favorite shinies
in the Safari Zone. What do you recommend: should I hunt for them in the SZ,
or SR starters (which I really want to do) and hunt them in other games, albeit at decreased encounter rate?

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
One more question, is egg data (eg. shinies) generated when the egg is (every 256 steps, the game decides if it has found an egg or not) or when the DC Man gives it to you? If the latter is true, we have a much quicker way to Masuda: get the DC Man to hold an egg and save in front of him. Hatch the egg. SR till shiny.
IIRC, the egg's shininess is determined when it's created, not received. So if you had the daycare man hold an egg and then you save and SR, you'd be getting the same egg every time.

Years
Edit: 115 Snivy. I'm going to pause Eevee (won't take it from Bebe, so I can resume later)
I want to start a route 208 hunt. There are lots of shinies I like there.
Also, I really want to start SRing starters in SS, but there are many of my favorite shinies
in the Safari Zone. What do you recommend: should I hunt for them in the SZ,
or SR starters (which I really want to do) and hunt them in other games, albeit at decreased encounter rate?

Route 208 sounds like a cool hunt!

I'm at 1400 Riolu and 650 Snivy right now. I really hope I get a shiny in the holiday this week! (Or today, even! :P)

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
200 Snivy. I have paused all other hunts untill I'm done with this, I'm truly obsessed.
Also, my route 208 hunt has been moved to route 210 (less Bidoof lol) but again, not untill I'm done with Snivy. Really hope I get it before 500, as I said in the chat, I don't know how much more I can take before I blow. PLEASE help me not go insane! :cer_disbelief:

Well, bye for now.

GodcalledBOB

Dragon Tamer
Years
Well, i just started a new game on LeafGreen and i chose my Charmander (like in always do) nicknamed it 'Mercury' (i always name my main Pokemon after planets) and it turns out that it was shiny! also the other day i found a shiny wurmple on Emerald! :D

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Well, i just started a new game on LeafGreen and i chose my Charmander (like in always do) nicknamed it 'Mercury' (i always name my main Pokemon after planets) and it turns out that it was shiny! also the other day i found a shiny wurmple on Emerald! :D

Welcome (unofficially) to the club!
Congrats on that Charmander! Arceus Whisper may just kill you, he's hatched 940 eggs for one. I'm still doing Snivy. Nothing new here.

GodcalledBOB

Dragon Tamer
Years
Welcome (unofficially) to the club!
Congrats on that Charmander! Arceus Whisper may just kill you, he's hatched 940 eggs for one. I'm still doing Snivy. Nothing new here.
haha thanks :) and sorry about that Arceus Whisper ;) i also have 2 other shinies, Chansey and Latios :D but ive had them for about two years :P

Back