• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things in Pokémon that make you go "What the hell?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
This made go "What The Hell"

In episode 181 (The Apple Corp) where we first meet Pichu, Ash's Pokedex says that Pichu shock themselves when using electric attacks. But when they team up and try to rescue Pikachu from Team Rocket they all use thunder shock and dont get dizzy.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
I just found out that in the Anime, two special attacks that clash together causes explosion, regardless of type.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
What made me go "What the hell?!" was the fact that Pokemon Yellow is based on the anime, which is based on the games ~.~

Years
How pathetic criminals are. I mean, grab yourself a Pokemon, and start burning stuff, destroying, taking hostages, etc. How the heck are they so sorry?

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Two things.

1. Ok, like the post above, why are the criminals so pathetic. Ok, they lose a Pokemon battle, TO A TEN YEAR OLD! They obviously have the advantage of strength here, so don't let him pass just because he won! WTH!?

2. Just the fact that Pokemon eat each other and may have been eaten by humans at one time is enough for me.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
There are so many things that are half explained, or not even explained at all in the Pokemon world, which means plenty of opportunities for 'WTF' moments. One prime example is just how weak these evil teams are. You'd think they would hire some Trainers who don't lose to children. Or the whole thing about how some Pokedex entries say Pokemon eat other Pokemon but we never see any Pokemon eating Pokemon. Or maybe some really obvious stuff like how Kangaskhan is hatched and it already has a little baby Kangaskhan. Which apparently never grows up to have its own little Kangaskhan child. The list can go on and on. Maybe the people at GF can just sit down and try to explain all these plot holes.

Tl;dr, No-one has ever seen a Pokemon lay an egg, WTF.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
What the hell.

In the anime, it talks about how you should be kind to your Pokemon and treat them in a good and safe way.

Battling for gym badges just so you can go and hurt the Pokemon more in a league seems a bit mean to the poor things.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
The fact that even the mammals lay eggs, I mean I understand why they have it that way for a kids program, but c'mon talk about teaching kids incorrect ideas.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
ok...You may chose to believe this or not but i will say it anyway...

There have been 5 villainous teams throughout the whole game series...
Team Galactic, Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma and Team Plasma.
Everything is ok till here but if you look close enough at each of their emblems and even at the start of each of their names you see this.

Galactic
Rocket
Aqua
Magma
Plasma

The word "Gramps" is formed..."Gramps" is how Blue addresses to Prof. Oak in
Gen I + Gen IV remakes...
So...is Oak secretly pulling the strings behind every single one of the villainous teams on every game? Is he the supreme villain? Believe it or not, once you've read this you won't forget it...

This blew my mind away.

If X and Y's evil organization start with a S... now then will be a truly WTH moment.

Except that there isn't much that makes me go "what the hell?" I guess haha. Maybe one would be how Ash hasn't died yet after a zillion volts of electricity Pikachu has electrocuted him with, or really any other thing that Ash has suffered with, I mean seriously? Or the fact that Pokemon has a move called PERISH SONG. That move just gives me chills.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Electric Pokemon cannot hurt, or paralyze, ground type Pokemon, but ground type Pokemon can be paralyzed by the ability static. I mean, what?

And yeah, rats lay eggs, dodrio uses it's head as propellers to fly (or how are they able to fly?) and zangoose cannot cut anything xD

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Pokemon that flee when you put them to sleep. How are they moving? How does one flee? do Pokemon sleepwalk/trun? I think it's a weird concept. Since i used hypnosis, and the thing flees. I expect ed it to just stay. Sigh. It happened in Platinum or Diamond.

.::Shivam::.

A big Unova fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 21, 2013
The thing that made me go WTH is that a Wailord can breed with Skitty. And what Oak says in Fire red.Prof. Oak: "This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you both were babies. ...Erm, what was his name now?" seriously, he don't even remember his own grandson's name. How the hack he can remember all those Pokemon he have?

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
The fact that gym leaders at the beginning are such a low level... what if you start at the other end of the world? You'd be competing with 8th gym and then getting easier. I know this makes complete sense - it's a game. But still it's something I always think about.

That you can't catch Pokemon when they faint. Where have they went to???????

Warship

異議あり!
Years
definitely zangoose being unable to learn cut and diglett can learn slash and fury swipes. XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
How someone like Tobias can have not one but TWO legendary Pokemon and then goes to completely dominate the entire Sinnoh Pokemon League with them.

Seriously, that's just not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back