• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new OU team.

Charzy12

Doesn't afraid of anything.
Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    So I kinda threw this one together really fast, then hit a wall with it. So I'm willing to change anything about it. The general idea I had was a Heatran/Water/Grass core. Let me know what you think!

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
    Jolly
    8 HP / 140 Atk / 144 SpD / 216 Spe

~Stealth Rock
    ~ Taunt
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Explosion

The lead for this team was something I'm really having trouble with. I went with this Azlef because it can almost always get up SR, and potentially survive to explode on something later. Also makes a decent scout with U-turn.

Heatran @ Life Orb
    Naive
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

~ Fire Blast
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Explosion

A standard LO Heatran. Nothing too special to say about this one. Explosion is a last resort if I'm about to die or I desperately need to KO a Blissey or something.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant - Technician
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

~ U-turn
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Pursuit

Standard banded Scizor. We've all seen this about a million times now. He'll attract some Flash Fire boosts for Heatran though, which is always a good thing.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
    Timid
    252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 Spe

~ Substitute
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Seed Flare
    ~ Hidden Power Fire

Grass is another component I'm having trouble with. So far the best thing I've come up with is a sub seeding Shaymin. Thinking about a support set with Aromatherapy and some other stuff.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Timid - Natural Cure
    136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe

~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Surf
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Recover

I know this team isn't really too troubled by SR, but it's nice to have rapid spin, just in case. Also gives me a pretty solid switch into Infernape, who otherwise wrecks this team.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

~ Earthquake
    ~ Outrage
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Stone Edge

Standard scarfed Flygon. I know it seems way out of place since I already have Scizor kicking around, but I like the idea of having double U-turn between him and Scizor. In my mind, seems like a good way to get some damage on their counters. Also it can revenge Infernape a lot better then Scizor can. It can handle a Kingdra with Outrage if it has to.

So that's what I've got so far. I know it needs a lot of work to become usable but that's why I'm here! Once again, I'm willing to change anything, so as many suggestions as I can get would be ideal.

Thanks for reading!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I wouldn't bother with Leech Seed on Shaymin as your team doesn't have enough entry hazards to benefit from any switching that Leech Seed may cause. Replace it with Earth Power. With a Substitute, you can scout for any Heatran/Infernape switch ins and KO them instead of having to switch out.

I would also make Starmie a Life Orb set since this team doesn't particularly like Rotom-W, especially offensive versions. Life Orb Hydro Pump will do a huge amount of damage to it, although you can still go with Surf if you don't like missing. It will also fit in better with the offensive nature of your team and with Ice Beam, it prevents Breloom from having an easy switch-in since it will destroy at least one of your Pokemon if it manages to set up.

Overall, it's a very solid team that covers a lot of standard threats.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back