• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy crap TRON

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • I haven't seen the original and I just got home a few hours ago from seeing it, and I completely agree on the CGi being amazing and the soundtrack being awesome ultra bass that rumbles everything fanboy.

That leading actress, the Kora or whatever her name was is ridiculously stunning. Love her eyes/hair.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • That's Olivia Wilde, and she's just stunning, anyway. Most people would probably recognize her as "13" from House.
    I haven't had a chance to see the new movie, but I have seen the first, and for the year it came out, the visuals are amazing. You should see it, it's pretty good. I'm psyched about the new one, though. Can't afford to go see it until after this weekend, but...yeah...lol :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Okay, who hasn't seen it yet?
    Hi.

I thought it was a remake, the sort of thing I don't tend to bother with. I've seen the original but made little sense of it since it was on the television and everyone's loud and so on but I recall it being enjoyable if quiet; I imagine I'd have to watch that again before this new one. If I were into film I definitely would...

Ayselipera

I feel a little silly, but part of me really does want to see it. I keep seeing the previews everywhere and I can't help secretly wanting to go. This may be even more sad to say, but the key aspect of the movie that's really got me interested is the bright colors. D:

I'm probably going to read a couple reviews and then make up my mind about going from there. Either that or I'll just wait till it comes out On Demand or something. I also enjoyed the soundtrack. I really like Daft Punk so I guess that's to be expected.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I missed out on the midnight premiere because I was sooo tired from finals, and honestly, it wasn't on my top list of movies to see. I had never even heard of the Tron series, so I didn't freak out about it and I didn't/still don't want to waste ten dollars on a movie I'm not super excited about.

however, all my friends who saw it LOVED it and said it was amazing. and I have a feeling this movie won't be the same if it's not on a big screen with awesome sound :[ so I MIGHT go see it if I can find a friend who won't mind watching it again.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years

• Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to even if the only good thing about it is the soundtrack. Before I do that though I want to see the first Tron so I have some idea of what it's about. All I know about it I sort of gleaned from Kingdom Hearts and that old people mover ride at Disneyland when I was around 4 or something.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I listened to the previews of the soundtrack on iTunes the other day just to remind myself what was included in the movie, and I've decided I'm going to buy it when I get more credit.

Seriously, love Daft Punk, and the deep atmospheric moods achieved within the soundtrack are too good to give up!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I just got back from seeing this, and I thought it was amazing. I'm not one who highly values the plot in films anyway (if I want a good story, I'll read a book) so I only ever really look for the visual and sound aspects, and Tron delivered on both of those perfectly. The setting and visuals are amazing; I've been sceptical of the whole 3D thing as being nothing more than a gimmick ever since it came out, but this film totally changed my opinion. Instead of making scenes purely to show off 3D, they used the 3D to compliment the film; it was just a nice aspect that added to the already stunning visuals, rather than being shoved in your face every 5 minutes. It had everything a sci-fi setting needed, lights, futuristic design, dark atmosphere (with rain!) and I could see the influences from the 80s as well, so it had a retro feel as well as the futuristic one, which I absolutely loved.

The soundtrack was brilliant of course (it's by Daft Punk, how couldn't it be?) and they proved that they can go out of their comfort zone and do some orchestral work, and even manage to mix it successfully with the house music they're known for. I loved the club scene with Derezzed playing.

My favourite movie of the year.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I'm back from just seeing this, and I though it was freakishly awesome! Now, I'm not a film guy, (hardly a T.V. person anyway) but this was stunning. The CGi was amazing, and I thought the acting was superb. Now, I can't really remember much from the older Tron, but I remember the Lightcycle scene, very well. They only turned in right-angles, and I feel the Lightcycle scene lost something with them being able to turn at any angle. I also thought that them bringing in the 'lightplanes' and 'lightcar' sort of spoiled it a bit. They should've left it at the lightcycles for individual transport, I think.
    Spoiler:
    Well, overall though, I though it was a great film and would recomend you see it, definately.
    Score: 8/10

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Looks great, sounds great. Everything else was a pile of .. Poo.

Hated it, waste of money.

Back