• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Allocate other people editing permissions

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • This thought came to me when I was roaming the Other Clubs area. I was just catching up on some posts, which is normal, but then I just had an idea. What if some of these things, such as clubs with more than one leader, joint trade/graphics shops etc. had some sort of editing permissions thing, where you could pretty much give someone else the permission to edit the original post of a thread?

What I mean is, so say there's a club with two owners owning it, and the original poster of the club has to go on a one-weed hiatus for whatever reason, and more people join. then this other leader could simply edit them in as well.

Years
  • I think this could be an excellent idea :D
    It would work great in Other Clubs like Alternative said, or it could be good in the hacking forum or the game development forum so members of the team don't have to send there work to the original thread owner.
    Also it could be good to give someone permanent permission so someone could hand over the club instead of having to close it and restart a new one.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm assuming there could be some small plug-in, sort of similar to the moderators' power to edit other people's post, except with just choosing who exactly can edit said post. It can be extremely helpful for those things, like clubs and ROM hacking teams.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    This also sounds like a good idea for things such as Get-Together Events where the first post needs to be constantly updated (the Great Egg Swap comes to mind here, where Kip could find a helper who can edit when he isn't on).
    Also, the plug-in doesn't seem like it would be too hard because of how moderators can edit others posts and there is probably a way to code it to allow the poster to allocate other people when writing the post.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • As much as I may like the idea (especially in regards to how it could be applied to the Get-Together) I must mention that we don't have the resources to make that happen right now. If you see any off-the-shelf solutions to it, I'm all ears.

By resources, do you mean money?

Back