• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Music - What's Your Favourite ?

Years
(I'm new here, I hope this isn't an off topic thread or anything. If it is, please let me know and I'll get rid.)

So I just turned on my Platinum game for the first time in months, and happened to be in Stark Mountain. The music for this part of the game is SO damn catchy ! That little slap bass part and everything - it's just awesome. I could listen to it all night (yes I really am that sad :P) The Pokemon League music is pretty epic too, actually it scares me a little bit ! But it does it's job.

I'm just wondering if anyone here on PC has a favourite music theme from the 4th gen games and wants let us know about it ? Do you think the music in these games is as catchy as I do ? Or does background music not stand out so much to you ? Does it matter ?

Please tell me your thoughts, thanks ~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Have to agree—Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum did have few of the most amazing soundtracks. d: Route 201 theme would have to be one of my favorites. Every time I listen to it, it always makes me feel calm and happy. I could spend hours listening to this song, to be honest; I'd never get bored. Due to the same reason, I like Sandgem Town theme, too, as well as Twinleaf. Other than these three, few of my other favorite tracks are Sunyshore City, Route 205, Hearthome City, Pokémon League, and Route 209.

rodai

I like rusty spoons
Years
The route 201 theme brings back a bit of nostalgia, but Eterna City and Jubilife city bring back the most. I played Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon Black, and Pokémon Black 2, however almost nothing from those games makes me sentimental. I spent a lot of time playing Pokémon Platinum, and the only parts I got stuck on were Eterna City and Jubilife City, which means that I heard their music a lot. I believe Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum have the best music.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 10, 2015
4th gen had some excellent pieces. I particularly like Cynthia's battle theme, the Giratina battle theme in Platinum, and the Dialga/Palkia battle themes. I like how Cynthia's and Dialga's/Palkia's music seem to flick between upbeat and victorious to dire and dangerous.

There aren't honestly very many pieces in 4th gen that I didn't like though.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The legendary battle music (Giratina, Rotom, Regigigas etc.), Lakes and the Underground music were amongst a few of my faves.

Years
Dialga & Palkia's battle theme as well as Cynthia's battle theme. Both of these were absolutely perfect, more so the latter.. made me so anxious during battle. <3

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Legendary battle soundtracks, especially for the Lake trio and version mascots, were amazing. Battle Factory and Roulette in Platinum were amazing to chill and listen to!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
DPPt had some amazing sound tracks. I particularly loved the Lake Trio's battle theme as well as Cynthia's battle music. I also enjoyed Stark Mountain, that track was pretty groovy!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't know the route, but the one just before Lake Verity and Snowpoint City. I really loved tramping through the snow and listening to that little jingle. ;w; (Route 116?)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I don't know the route, but the one just before Lake Verity and Snowpoint City. I really loved tramping through the snow and listening to that little jingle. ;w; (Route 116?)
Heck yes. The route is annoying as heck, but that is one of my favourite route themes. It doesn't suit it much, but oh well, not going to complain too much. =p

A bunch of the battle themes are nice (legendary, rival, and a bunch of the battle frontier tunes too). Hearthome had a nice tune to it too, and a couple other towns were neat too I suppose.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
D/P/Pt held lots of amazing pieces. They all gave the sense and feel of a great adventure, kinda like Hoenn's, since most of the tunes were upbeat and catchy. I liked Route 201, Dialga/Palkia theme, and Route 206, but all of the themes made me love it one way or another. (:

Years
I really enjoyed the music to Sunnyshore City.. it was very uplifting and very spirited considering how close to the Pokémon League it was.

Years
Well... I had a lot of favorite soundtracks from the 4th generation but I think Cynthia's theme(before battling her) was pretty amazing. The piano has a lot of power to it that builds up the tension before the battle.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
The Frontier Brain theme from Platinum for me. Always had such a long and difficult time reaching the Brains that the Brain fights themselves were always the most intense parts of the game for me, and this song is appropriately frantic and hectic for those fights.

Back