• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dream World (T)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
  • Great, time for my intro.

"Ermph..." came a voice. "Urgh...." it came again. Suddenly, a thump. "Ow, jeez!" shouted Flynn.
    Flynn had done nothing but overslept. Last night he'd stayed up very late watching a variety of fantasy movies to "hone his imaginative skills". He'd fallen asleep in the couch watching them with his Pokemon, Snap. It was vaguely annoying how he'd, just now, fallen off of the sofa he'd fallen asleep in, and realized what time it was. "Dammit! I'm almost late." he said. "Zing, get out here." said Flynn, he grabbed a Pokeball and out came an oddly coloured Pidgeot. Its colours were lighter than usual.
    Zing was sleeping. Snoring loudly. "Good thing I keep you in your Pokeball." thought Flynn aloud, and exclaimed "WAKE UP!" the Pidgeot, very startled, fell over onto the floor. "We have to go." said Flynn. "The Pidgeot rolled its eyes and let Flynn onto his back. "Thanks, bud" said Flynn, stroking his Pokemon's head. The Pokemon liked this, and let out a small chirp of happiness. "Return." said Flynn, returning his Scizor to its Pokeball. "Wait!" exclaimed Flynn, just as Zing was about to set off. "I...m in my underwear..." he said. His Pideot laughed intensely, causing Flynn to return it to its Pokeball. He sighed and then looked around his fridge. There were some crackers and some slices of ham, which was enough for Flynn. He put the slice of ham on top of the crackers and ate it. He suddenly remembered where he was. Only the day before he'd taken a plane ride with Fennel and Juniper from Johto. He was in a hotel in Castelia City, he was to let his Pidgeot take him to the lab in Striaton. This explained why there was so little food in the fridge. Flynn rolled his eyes in realizing how forgetful he'd been and stuffed the last of the crackers down. Excited, he took a gulp of water from the tap, and rushed to the closet where he'd placed all his clothes. He put on his hoodie, his gloves, his jeans and his shoes, and released his Pidgeot, who was still laughing. "Shut Up. It's not such a big deal." said Flynn, annoyed. "Alright. Let's go." he said. opening his window, he left the note he'd written the previous night, telling the hotle manager where he'd gone, on the bed. He opened a window and jumped out of it. Luckily, nobody saw him, his Pidgeot went under him and lightly let him onto his back in midair. "Haha! I always wanted to try that!" said Flynn. Looking up at the window he'd left open probably two stories above. The hotel was a very large building. Almost a skyscraper.

After about half an hour of riding, they made it to Striaton City. It was certainly smaller than Castelia, but still bustling with people. From a distance, Flynn thought he could see Fennel waving to him. He waved back and descended down. "Thanks Zing." said Flynn, returning Zing to his Pokeball.
    "Come in, the others are already here." said Fennel. "Already? Man, I'm late." thought Flynn. Entering, he could see a variety of people seated, a bigger boy with a cloak on him, hiding his face. A boy, about the same age, with short, blonde hair, a girl who looked much younger than himself, probably only just starting with adolescence, a slightly taller girl, with blonde hair cut to the shoulders and blue eyes and a taller girl than the last with the same type of hair, Flynn wondered if they were sisters.

"Well, now that you're all here, let's begin." said Fennel, smiling. The Professor Juniper right beside her. "Here are your Pokemon." she said, and handed each person in the room a Pokeball. All but Flynn, when she came to him she said "I believe you already have your Pokemon with you?"
    Flynn nodded, showing Fennel the Pokeball which contained Snap.
    "Now, you may all lay down on the beds there. As you can see, each bed has a helmet lying on it. Each has been adjusted to a specific size, find the one that is right for you, and lay down on the bed." said Fennel.
    "For those of you who feel more comfortable knowing how it works, these helmets have wires attached to them, as you can see." added Fennel, indicating the red, blue and green wires. "These lead up to this little mechanical box here. This box allows all of you to share the dream, essentially, it IS the Dream World." she said, pointing a skinny finger to the mechanical box that separated the six beds into groups of three. "There are wires going up from this box to this little TV here, this is where we will monitor you, to see how things are going." she said, pointing again at the small TV.
    "Any questions?" asked Fennel, finishing. "Just one" said Flynn. "Where are the beds for our Pokemon?" he asked. "There are none, each of the Pokeballs given to you are special. The contain a small hole in the back, in which one of these cables will be inserted. The cables are then connected to the Dream World, and connect your Pokemon." she said, holding up some cables. "What about mine?" he asked, noticing that his Pokeball was regular. "We will have to re catch your Scizor in a special ball." said Fennel, simply. "Alright." he said.
    "Now, when you are ready, hand over your other Pokemon and lie down." said Fennel.

Time for our second posts, everybody should hand their other Pokemon (if any) to Fennel, who will store them away. After that, you can socialize with the others a little, or go to sleep in the bed.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
  • She had sat down in the assigned room, the other kids also taking a seat. Lynda felt herself already getting slightly nervous, although it didn't show on the outside. She peered down at her dragon-type friend, who was now held inside the custom Poke'ball Fennel had given her. The last child coming through in a rush, Fennel and Professor Juniper appeared eager to begin along with everyone else.

"Well, now that you're all here, let's begin," said Fennel, smiling. Juniper remained quiet as the Professor handed out Poke'balls to mostly every other child, "Here are your Pokemon". Going over to one boy, she walked over back to Lynda with a smile. "I realize you didn't have any other mode of transportation available. Did you have a good ride with your partner?"

"Yes, ma'am," she mumbled out, trying to smile back. Her family didn't have any pokemon, and she didn't know anyone in the neighborhood who would freely lend her a ride to Unova. At least now, everything was fine.

Fennel nodding, she stepped back from the small girl. "Now, you may all lay down on the beds there. As you can see, each bed has a helmet lying on it. Each has been adjusted to a specific size. Find the one that is right for you, and lay down on the bed," said Fennel, "For those of you who feel more comfortable knowing how it works, these helmets have wires attached to them, as you can see. These lead up to this little mechanical box here. This box allows all of you to share the dream, essentially, it IS the Dream World."

Looking and listening, she found herself becoming more excited. A grin easily spread across her face. The Dream World was going to be amazing. Everything and anything she had ever imagined.

"Now, when you are ready, hand over your other Pokemon and lie down," the woman finished, stepping aside for the children who were running over to check out the equipment. Lynda followed them in front, going over and checking each helmet. She found hers on the 2nd try, the size correct for her head. Memorizing which was which, she took a cable from the smiling Fennel, plugging it into the hole in the back of the Poke'ball. It made a slight crackle of electricity in doing so.

Walking over to her bed, Lynda sat down, looking over at all the other students. Jasper had assured her she could make friends with them. Maybe she could, if she tried. But she was still nervous, unable to speak up. She set down her Poke'Ball next to the bed pillow, also sitting down on the bed. The girl wasn't positive if they could go to sleep yet. She'd watch the other children go first.

Years
  • Scarlet tilted her head to look at Fennel the right way round as she hung off the chair she was on, legs in the air her head touching the ground, looking rather odd as she did this. Slipping from the chair as Fennel talked about how they would enter the Dream World with the helmet like things. Letting out a soft gasp as Fennel gave out the pokeballs to each of them.

"Wow! That sounds so, umm... Whats the word?" Scarlet mused her face bright red from the recent blood rush to her head as she sat up normally on the chair looking the pokeball over. "Oh yeah. That sounds so Pawsome!" She couldn't help but giggle as she looked over at the beds with the funny helmets.

As everyone started to move around the violet-pink haired child looked to see one of the older girls head over to a bed looking around. Thinking over something Scarlet walked over to her tilting her head in curiosity. Curtsying politly Scarlet looked up Lynda with a rather large cheeky smile.

"Hi there I'm Scarlet, but my friend calls me Scarf, so you can too if you like!" With a soft giggle Scarlet extended her hand in a friendly gesture to the blonde. "Whats your name?" Continued Scarlet as she looked about the lab not seeming to keep her eyes in one place.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • "Wait...I had Birdman at home. Why didn't I just use him instead of walking all the way here? Of course, another stupid move." Zero thought, looking around the place. "Seems to be an ok group of people. Hopefully, that weird dream with the fire breathing Sewaddle won't come back to haunt me. I can't imagine that. Sewaddle with Flamethrower. That just sounds plain weird. What's next, Pignite learning Psychic naturally? Flying Sandile? A Pansage using Scald, and eating people? I guess a part of my imagination is just filled with the impossible." Zero added, walking around for a bit.

"Well, now that you're all here, let's begin." said Fennel, smiling. The Professor Juniper right beside her. "Here are your Pokemon." she said, and handed each person in the room a Pokeball. All but one kid.
    "Now, you may all lay down on the beds there. As you can see, each bed has a helmet lying on it. Each has been adjusted to a specific size, find the one that is right for you, and lay down on the bed." said Fennel.
    "For those of you who feel more comfortable knowing how it works, these helmets have wires attached to them, as you can see." added Fennel, indicating the red, blue and green wires. "These lead up to this little mechanical box here. This box allows all of you to share the dream, essentially, it IS the Dream World." she said, pointing a skinny finger to the mechanical box that separated the six beds into groups of three. "There are wires going up from this box to this little TV here, this is where we will monitor you, to see how things are going." she said, pointing again at the small TV.
    Zero said nothing at all, simply listening to the things Fennel was saying.

"Now, when you are ready, hand over your other Pokemon and lie down," the woman finished. "For now...I should observe, but at the same time, see who I'm working with. All I can say for sure is...I doubt they'll talk to somebody who has nearly no other reason to exist. Oh well. I guess...that's what I deserve." Zero thought, looking around, finding his helmet after five minutes of looking. "So...this is it. But...I can't just go right ahead and go to sleep right now. I need to see if something won't happen. For now, I'll wait for all the others to sleep first." Zero thought, sitting on his bed, thinking about something.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • "Huh" sighed Flynn. He figured he might try to socialize with his partners first. They WOULD be sharing a dream together. The one that peeked the interest of Flynn the most was the boy in the cloak, very strange indeed. Or maybe just a private person? "Here." said Flynn, handing Fennel his Pokeballs. They contained Zing, Inferno, and the rest of the Pokemon he wouldn't be taking on his trek. "Alright, here's the Pokeball you will need to re-capture Scizor." said Fennel, walking up to him and handing him a Pokeball. "Ok, thanks." said Flynn, accepting the Pokeball. He then took Snap's Pokeball and released him. Afterwards, he threw the special Pokeball and caught Snap...again.
    "Okay, that works." said Flynn silently, and went over to the beds to find his helmet. He looked around. Trying on three different helmets. "Too big." he said to the first one. "Too small." he said to the next. "Still too small" he said to the third. "Juuuust right," he thought to himself. He put his helmet on the bed again, to find he'd gotten the bed on the far left of the room. Not paying attention to it, he turned to the boy who'd peeked his interest earlier. The one with the cloak that hid his face. He walked over to him and said "Hi, feeling a little nervous?" he said. "Name's Flynn." he finished. Sitting down on a chair nearby and extending a hand.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
  • Another person approached her, much to Lynda's amazement. She was small just like herself, with large eyes, though her hair was a pink color; probably dyed that way. Her kind smile and rosey-red cheeks made the girl lighten up a bit. Lynda tried to smile back as the girl spoke to her.

"Hi there I'm Scarlet, but my friend calls me Scarf, so you can too if you like!" she giggled slightly, 'Scarlet' extending her hand in a friendly gesture to the blonde, "Whats your name?". Lynda couldn't help but grin at the girl's attitude. Maybe the other people here were just as friendly as Scarlet was. "I'm Lynda. You excited for the Dream World? I'm still a little nervous," she replied, being completely honest with her thoughts about the new experience.

"Oh hey, by the way, what pokemon did you get for the trip? I got a Flygon."

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • After receiving his Pokéball, Donny looked at the others from afar as they started to chat with each other. Some of them were handing their Pokémon over to Fennel, but he had none of his own, so why would he do that? He saw that some of them were looking to see which helmet fit their heads right, so he decided to do that as well. He looked at all the helmets for about ten minutes and then went over to the one he thought was the most suitable. It fit perfectly, and this made him smile, but justfor a few seconds, as he wasn't that so happy about that. He continued to look at the others, without saying a word.

Dammit. I didn't see this coming. And it looks like nobody wants to go first... he said to himself, I'm gonna start drawing something. If by the time I'm done with it noone has entered this Dream World, then I will be the first one. He took out a sheet of paper and began to draw, paying little attention to what was going on around him. The drawing appeared to be another human being, possibly someone about his age. Then he added the hair, and it became obvious he was drawing a girl.

Meanwhile at the Pokémon center, someone who looked like Donny's drawing was starting to wake up.

Years
  • Scarlet's smile only grew as Lynda introduced herself, it wasn't often she got to meet people so she would try and atleast get along with everyone.

"It's so nice to meet you Lynda! Oh I'm sooo excited to try out the Dream World it sounds so much fun! I was given a Glaceon but I'm gonna see if I can call him Snowy when we're in the Dream World," Scarlet paused abit looking abit lost in her thoughts. "Though wouldn't it be so pawsome if our Pokemon could actualy TALK to us in our dreams???"

Looking about at everyone else she sat on the bed beside Lynda trying the helmet. Scarlet pouted alittle as it fell over half her face, obviously far too big for her small head. taking the helmet from her head Scarlet's hair became frizzy on the top in a 'hat hair' sort of way.

"Hey Lynda, you think our Pokemon will get along?" Scarlet mused slightly rolling so she was looking at LYnda upside down.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Donny glanced at the group as he drew the girl. He shook his head. I know I won't be able to answer them...but it wouldn't kill them to say hi to me... he said to himself, then put his focus on coloring his drawing. But when he was almost done he got bored, and didn't feel like drawing anymore. He wrote 'Kayla', and under that he wrote the date and his name: 'Donald Logan'.

After this he took another sheet of paper. With his pencil he wrote 'I'm ready, doc'. He then connected the Pokéball that Fennel had given him and lied down in his bed, with the helmet over his head. He put the paper with the writing next to him and held the one with the drawing under his right arm as he slowly closed his eyes. I'm sick of waiting. Let's get this over with.

Meanwhile, the girl in the Pokémon Center woke up. She started to panic when she noticed the boy that had been with her for the past two days wasn't there anymore. "Oh, no..." she said in a low tone of voice and quickly grabbed her bag. I hope that kid is okay...

Last edited:

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
  • Lynda watched the girl's smile widen in similarity to hers.

"It's so nice to meet you Lynda! Oh I'm sooo excited to try out the Dream World it sounds so much fun! I was given a Glaceon but I'm gonna see if I can call him Snowy when we're in the Dream World,"

"You too. I bet it'll be even better, since we're the first ones trying it out, right? The more stuff to look at," Lynda replied back with a grin. She was feeling better after staying so quiet. "A Glaceon? That's cool! I love the Eeveelutions."

Scarf paused for a second, obviously thinking about what to say next. Lynda waited a few seconds for her, about to reply, however the girl spoke up, "Though wouldn't it be so pawsome if our Pokemon could actually TALK to us in our dreams???"

She felt herself becoming suddenly intrigued by the pink haired-girl's last sentence; both by how they had thought of the same thing, and of a word she said inside.

"Uhh, sorry, what does pawsome mean?" the girl asked, a clueless small smile on her face, "Anyways, yeah! I was thinking about that on the trip here. I'd love to be able to talk to Jasper...". Her voice faded as she watched Scarlet trying on her helmet. It fell over the girl's face, Lynda's helmet way too big. She chuckled as her new friend pouted, taking off the helmet and having her hair stick up.

"Hey Lynda, you think our Pokemon will get along?"

The question left her pondering for an answer. Her head movements imitating Scarlet's, she thought about it. Glaceon was an Ice type, while Jasper was a Dragon-Ground mix. Of course in battling, there would be tension, though the girl wasn't sure if types determined personalities. Beaming back at Scarlet, she returned her head to its normal position, "I'm sure they will."

In the corner of her eye, she saw a boy put on his helmet, obviously tired of waiting for the others. Following his actions, she took her helmet gently from her friend's hands, winking at her. "I guess we're starting. See you on the other side."

Strapping her helmet on, Lynda's large head snuggled well inside. She waved to Scarf as she watched her head over to her own bed. She could try resting now.

Laying down on her pillow, she stared up at the ceiling for a few seconds to release her grip from reality. "This is it…" she thought to herself, snuggling partially on her side and letting her eyes close.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Zero was sitting on his bed, still thinking of the weird things in his imagination. He looked around, and saw that two of the kids were already asleep. "Good. Two down, three others left to go. So what shall I do to wait out time until the other three sleep. Meditation? Hmmm...mabye. It may clear my mind of all the weird thoughts about that dream I had last night. Damn those Sewaddle and their abnoprmal Flamethrower usage. It's just so weird to think about." Zero thought, walking over to the bed of one of the two sleeping kids. "Huh? Who's Kayla? And this other name. Donald Logan, eh? Wait....that must be this kid's name. I wonder why he drew this. Oh well. It isn't any of my buisiness in the first place. Eh...he didn't finish coloring it in, though. I hope he can finish it after this experiment is over." Zero thought, looking at the drawing this kid drew. Zero walked back to his bed, sitting there, and continuing to wait for everybody else to go to sleep.

Years
  • Scarlet nodded as she waved at Lynda as the blonde fell asleep, maybe she would try looking for her helmet too. With a quick look around she could see afew non-claimed beds and walked over to them looking at the helmets trying afew on.

"Man.." Scarlet let out a soft sigh as they kept sliding down her face slightly till she found one that actually fit. Looking around once more Scarlet layed down setting the pokeball beside her not sure how to get to sleep. "And to think I stayed up all night so I could get to sleep easier.."

Her hand closed around a stone hanging from a black string around her neck, rubbing it's smooth surface as she counted Mareep and Flaffy jumping over a hedge and a Miltank jumping over the moon.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Despite Flynn's friendly gesture, the boy in the cloak just went off to examine other people, two of which were already sleeping. "Hmph, never mind then." Flynn thought to himself. And went to sit on his own bed. "I guess since we're in control of the dream then anything that happens in there could count as real interaction....I guess..." Flynn thought, as he put his helmet on and dozed off. Flynn was a heavy sleeper, so it only took fifteen minutes for him to wander into deep sleep.

Before falling asleep, Flynn figured that not many of the people he would be working with would be very interactive. The only ones who really looked excited were two of the three girls, the other two boys looked very unenthusiastic. They both had this "Let's get this over with" expression on their faces, despite the fact that the cloaked boy's face could not be seen, which was very strange on its own. Flynn was starting to doubt his actual participation, and wondered if he was some kind of agent sent to steal the ideas of Fennel's machine. Maybe Flynnigan was just exaggerating, maybe not. The only way to be sure was to see how he acted in the dream. Which Flynn couldn't wait to enter.

The only one who was not asleep was one of the three girls taking part in the experiment. Before shutting his eyes, he took a look at her. She wore boy-like clothes, including a hoodie and a pair of jeans. Flynn had met a tomboy before, in fact, he'd been friends with one when he was about seven years old. She'd come to live nearby, but only stayed for a year. So Flynn figured she was a tomboy also.

Suddenly, Flynn felt his head becoming dizzy, as he drifted off to sleep.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • As soon as she entered the building and introduced herself to the professors, Flicker found a chair and plopped down. She pulled out her paper and pencils and set to work writing a book she had been working on for the past few weeks. It was about a girl who met Jirachi and wished to be turned into a pokemon. She got her wish alright, but instead of getting to be a mighty pokemon like Arcanine or Dragonite, she was turned into a Magikarp. Flicker was having a fun with the character, making bizarre things happen to the girl-turned-pokemon, when Professor Fennel walked in followed by a boy with blueish-green hair. Flicker's eyes lit up and she quickly put away her writing untensils as the professor spoke.

"Well, now that you're all here, let's begin." said Fennel, smiling. The Professor Juniper right beside her. "Here are your Pokemon." she said, and handed each person in the room a Pokeball. All but Flynn, when she came to him she said "I believe you already have your Pokemon with you?"
    The boy who had followed her in nodded and showed her a pokeball. "Now, you may all lay down on the beds there. As you can see, each bed has a helmet lying on it. Each has been adjusted to a specific size, find the one that is right for you, and lay down on the bed." said Fennel. "For those of you who feel more comfortable knowing how it works, these helmets have wires attached to them, as you can see." added Fennel, indicating the red, blue and green wires. "These lead up to this little mechanical box here. This box allows all of you to share the dream, essentially, it IS the Dream World." she said, pointing a skinny finger to the mechanical box that separated the six beds into groups of three. "There are wires going up from this box to this little TV here, this is where we will monitor you, to see how things are going." she said, pointing again at the small TV. Any questions?" asked Fennel, finishing.

"Just one," said Flynn. "Where are the beds for our Pokemon?"

"There are none, each of the Pokeballs given to you are special. The contain a small hole in the back, in which one of these cables will be inserted. The cables are then connected to the Dream World, and connect your Pokemon." she said, holding up some cables.

"What about mine?" Flynn asked.

"We will have to re catch your Scizor in a special ball." said Fennel, simply.

"Alright." he said.

"Now, when you are ready, hand over your other Pokemon and lie down." said Fennel.

Flicker headed over to the beds immediately after receiving her pokeball. She was to excited to wait any longer. She was finally going to have a pokemon companion, even if it was only for a short time, and she wanted to find out what pokemon it was right away. When she found the helmet that fit her, she put it on and lay down, closing her eyes. It took a few minutes for her to fall asleep due to her excitement but before long her breathing slowed and it was clear that she was sound asleep.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Okay guys, into the dream!

Flynn awoke in a strange realm. He looked around to find his Scizor, Snap right beside him, looking just as confused. As they got up, they realized they were wet. They'd been lying on...wet grass? They looked around, they were in a jungle. Sounds could be heard, exotic bird Pokemon chirping, and such. Looking to his right, he saw the rest of the kids still asleep on the mushy grass. He was the first one up. Suddenly, Flynn started to feel dizzy. "Urgh, hey, Snap. Do you feel dizzy?" Flynn asked his Scizor, he shook his head. "But you know, I do have this tingly feeling in my stomach." came a voice. "Ah! Who said that?!" Flynn shouted, looking up into the air. "Nobody, 'cept me." came the voice again, his Scizor then deposited a claw on Flynn's shoulder. "What the- Snap?!" Flynn exclaimed, as he realized it was his Pokemon who was talking to him. "Wha- you can talk?!" he said, looking at him. "Yeah. No be careful!" Snap said, extending a hand to Flynn, but it was too late, Flynn had fallen down. He got back up all of a sudden, it seemed like he'd been pushed back up. "What the-" Flynn said, not finishing his sentence.

"Bouncy...grass?" Flynn asked Snap, who thrust his shoulders up in confusion. "Wow, this is weird. But maybe you're just an illusion, maybe Pokemon can't really talk. After all, this is supposed to be a dream." Flynn said, looking down at the grass. He then helt something hit him in the butt, it was Snap's foot. "I am as real as you are!" he exclaimed. "Alright, alright." Flynn said.
    "I wonder when the others will wake up, we shouldn't go without them, should we?" Snap said, but as soon as he did so, Flynn was already ten feet away from him. "Come on! Let's explore. We'll come back later." he shouted. "Ugh, fine." Snap said, following Flynn along.

Flynn punched one of the trees that he passed, the whole thing shook. "Wow, rubber trees. This is awesome!" Flynn shouted, with an annoyed Scizor following him. He then came across an old cottage....this was the cottage that he had lived in during his earlier years. "Come on, Snap. Let's...go somewhere else." Flynn said, trotting along in the opposite direction. Snap, on the other hand, was curious of Flynn's memories, and opened the cottage. Inside was a baby that looked like a younger Flynn. The cottage was dirty, and a woman was doing everything she could to keep it clean. She was hrd at work, and then, she fell to the floor, exhausted. Suddenly, the floor turned into a bed, and the woman became younger, next to her, in the bed, was a man of the same colour hair as Flynn, these must've been his parents. Snap shut the door, deciding not to watch any further. But Flynn had disappeared. "Great." Snap said, starting to follow the dents in the rubber trees and the mushy footprints left behind by the grass.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Donny felt like if he was moving at insanely fast speeds. His eyes were closed, so everything was pitch-black for him. But in a matter of seconds he felt like he was moving no more and opened his eyes. "Whoa" he said quietly as he took a look around where he was, "Where am I?" He found himself on a weird-looking island. He got up and saw a giant turtle shell next to him. e carefully walked over to it and poked it, and when he did, blue arms, legs and a head came out of it, along with some cannons. The boy was so startled he fell backwards. "Relax, kid, I'm not gonna hurt you..." the giant turtle said, "In fact, I'm your partner in this 'adventure'".

Hmm...This must be the Pokémon that Fennel gave me.

"Oh...ok..." the boy said, feeling less scared, "I'm Donny, by the way." He looked at the giant turtle raising his left eyebrow. "What's your name?"

"Well, they usually call me Blastoise, because, well, I am a Blastoise" the Pokémon answered, "But you can call me whatever you want." Donny looked up at the sky and then back at him. "How about Cannon?" the boy said, and the Blastoise nodded. "Sounds good." he said with a smile.

Then both Pokémon and human went for a walk around the island they were. But when they reached the edge of it, the boy jumped backwards as he saw nothing there. As if the island was floating in the sky, which was infinite. My God, what is this place? he said to himself and then found a familiar looking bridge. Wait...it can't be... he said inside his head as the recognised the bridge as Skyarrow Bridge. This is impossible.

"Is something wrong?" the big Blastoise asked the kid, who had a confused look in his eyes. "Yeah..." the kid replied, "This is just a little bit weird for me...But I guess I'll get used to it."

"Okay, then." the big turtle said, "Hey, shouldn't we go look for the others?"

"What 'others'?" the boy said timidly, "The...other kids?"

"Yeah. I think we should find them." the Pokémon said and Donny looked down. "Okay..." he said quietly and looked around, wondering where to go look for the other kids.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Flicker opened her eyes to see... water? Standing up, she realized she was in a large dome with water all around it. Outside the dome were a bunch of strange looking creatures. They looked sort of like dolphins with extra large fins, a tail that could either spread out to be like a whale's tail or close to be a fish tail, three jagged dorsal fins, very sharp teeth, and they were huge, at least five meters long. Flicker gasped and ran over to the wall of the dome. "No way! Those are from one of my books! They look so awesome!" she squealed.

"Hey, am I just going to be ignored, or are you going to say hi?" came a voice from behind her.

Flicker spun around to see an Umbreon sitting there. "Woah, did you just talk?" she asked.

"Yes, yes I did," the Umbreon replied with a nod. "By the way, my name is Nightshade. The professors just called me Umbreon but that's probably just because they didn't know my real name."

"Uh, cool," was all she could say. She had wanted a pokemon companion but a talking one isn't exactly what she had been expecting.

"Now than, are we going to sit around here all day or shall we find the others?" Nightshade questioned.

Recovering herself, Flicker replied, "Find the others of course. I just don't see how we're supposed to get out of here."

"How about the hallway over there?" Nightshade said, pointing towards a tube-like hallway that lead out of the dome.

Flicker blinked. "Yeah, that could work," she said and walked down the hallway with the Umbreon following along behind her. The hallway slowly sloped upwards as they walked and before long they broke the surface of the water. The roof above them disappeared as they walked along what was now a bridge above a vast ocean. Flicker stared around in wonder as she walked. Creatures she had only been able to imagine before now swam in the water below. "This is incredible," she murmured.

"There's land up ahead. Maybe someone will be there," Nightshade said. Flicker looked to see that he was right. There was a greenish-brown blot in the distance which could only mean land.

A grin spread across her face and she took off running, yelling back at her Umbreon companion, "Race ya there!"

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
  • Eyes slowly lifting, Lynda shut them back closed instantly, curling on her side. A cry out from her Flygon awoke the girl, eyes flicking open to see she was laying on the grass. She scrambled up, Jasper squealing in what resembled a laugh. Looking around, she had been sleeping under a tree, around what appeared to be a jungle. They were in the Dream World.

"This is so weird," Lydna said aloud, poking one of the trees. It felt like...rubber? The squishy substance poked back out as she lifted her finger from it. "So, Jasper, what should we do?", she asked, ironic how she did since the Dream World was pretty much open to any and all possibilities. Her brain wasn't working, as it was overwhelmed by everything around her. Lynda was having trouble taking it all in. The Flygon flapped its wings off the ground, going over to its trainer, "You know, your wish from earlier? That we can talk? Well, it was granted. In the Dream World, at least."

Shocked, her eyes widened at the Flygon which was a few feet off the ground. "You can talk now???"

"Yes, I can. I know a variety of words, too. Now lets go look around for some of the other children," it chirped out, turning its wing angle and crashing on the rubber-like ground. Lynda immediately climbed on, ready to explore the odd world. Gripping onto the large pokemon's neck, they took off in a gush of wind, the atmosphere lighter than the one in the real world. It almost flung the girl off completely, the Flygon barely able to realize the dramatic change until they hopped off the ground. "Hmm, sorry about that, kiddo. Obviously this world is different..."

"Its okay. Just be careful, please," Lynda replied. Going higher into the clouds, the Flygon flapped its wings in a more steady motion, its fragile wings pushing the light air underneath them. The small girl widened her eyes, looking down to the ground to see several unique physical features. Odd how it resembled a twisted reality. Spotting an Umbreon down below, Lynda pointed to the ground. "There. That way!" she said aloud, her pokemon companion nodding and diving gently in that direction.

Flying downward, the area in their eyesight suddenly shifted, a different landscape visible. Jasper halted in remark to it, blinking his large eyes along with Lynda. What happened?

"N-nevermind, just keep flying that way..." she said, the Flygon looking hesitant. After a few seconds, the dragon-type continued going down. It was taking a long time to reach the ground. Too long, as Jasper realized. Frustrated, the pokemon shot out a full-powered Hyper Beam, which cut through the clouds below them. The attack slammed into the ground in front of the startled Umbreon. The Flygon instantly darted in the direction without warning, the two passing through the clouds.

"Look what you did! You almost hit them!" Lynda cried out, frustrated by her partner.

"There was something wrong with the clouds. I had to cut through them."

She frowned at her partner. If the clouds were 'glitched' she'd talk to the Professors about them. Slowing down, each of them finally landed to the ground to see a girl from earlier.

"Hey, sorry about that, my Flygon didn't mean to attack you..." Lynda said to her, realizing the situation was awkward, "...I'm Lynda. Who are you..?"

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • Flicker and Nightshade had left the bridge behind not long ago, it seeming to dissolve once they stepped off it. They were walking along when a Hyper Beam hit the ground directly in front of the Umbreon, causing him to yelp and jump backwards, his fur bristling. Flicker, equally as startled, looked up to see a Flygon with a girl on its back coming down toward them. It landed in front of them and Flicker relaxed a bit when she recognized the girl as one of the other kids who were at the lab.

"Hey, sorry about that, my Flygon didn't mean to attack you..," the girl said to her awkwardly. "...I'm Lynda. Who are you..?"

Flicker clamped Nightshade's mouth shut with her hand as he opened it to no doubt say some rather nasty things. "It's ok, at least no one was hurt," she said with a small laugh. "I'm Flicker and this is my partner Nightshade."

Nightshade managed to get loose from her grip and marched straight up to the Flygon until they were nose to nose. "Listen, bud, watch where you fire those things, alright? You have no idea how powerful an attack could be in the dream world! It could have killed me! Or maybe even-" his rant was cut off when Flicker tugged on one of his ears. He gave her a mute glare and sat down.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • It took him a while, but finally, Flynn realized he'd lost Snap. "Darn it. Where is he?! No doubt stayed behind to sneer at my past." Flynn thought aloud, and went to look for his partner.
    Suddenly, the landscape changed. Flynn thought he could hear a large explosion, and then, clouds started appearing on the ground. It took Flynn a while to realize that the soft, mushy grass from before had turned to clouds! Although the trees and the sky were the same as normal, the ground had turned white and fluffy. Flynn punched the ground to find the oddest thing, it was as hard as rock. "...Ow!" Flynn exclaimed, as he grabbed his knuckles with his other hand, rubbing them gently. This Dream World was very strange indeed.

Meanwhile, Snap was still looking for Flynn. "Where did that guy wander off to?" he thought to himself. Suddenly, a huge bang could be heard. A move must've been shot, that meant other Pokemon were nearby. Maybe they knew where Flynn had wandered off to. Suddenly, though, the ground changed. The soft, mushy grass turned to clouds! Snap touched it with his pincer, it was as hard as rock.
    "Ow!" someone shouted from a distance. Obviously Flynn. Snap was about to rush over to the sound when he fell down. "Wah!" he cried as he hit the rock hard clouds with a bang. "...ugh...." he mumbled as he got up. He realized he was in the vicinity of two other humans and their Pokemon, and, as it turned out, he had fallen because of the big crater that a Pokemon's move had left behind. An Umbreon and a Flygon were clearly visible. But Snap could not tell the humans, all he knew was that they were both females....they all looked the same, humans.

Lol, a Pokemon's view of humans is the same as a human's view of Pokemon.

Back