• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square-Enix Fan Club

Vallander

Close your eyes...
Years
@Vallander: o_O; Wait what? None of the KH2 Organization members except Axel should know how Riku fought. Unless they watched the Roxas vs Riku fight or something but even then, I'd think they'd be on "retrieve the runaway" mode and they'd have stepped in to take Roxas back during the fight--or at least as Roxas was being taken away.

just a speculation note>>>remember the organization was around long before sora and riku's time so they could've observed him or something, since he WAS meant to be the original keyblader, wouldnt they want to see him more than sora? maybe xemnas appears in KH1 only to see how strong sora is. idk about that point im just speculating there so dont blast me for that comment ok?

now. remember that in Chain of Memories, they still had the data for riku (enter the riku clone) and also at the beginning of KH2 axel was still following orders (he tried to capture roxas and bring him back to the Org.)
he could've given the data to the organization since they still needed a keyblader or something.

In 358/2, news originally comes back from Castle Oblivion (via Dusks) saying EVERYONE is dead there (which we know to be untrue). Thus people are surprised when Axel surfaces--so the ONLY people who should know details about what happened during CoM are Axel, Namine, DiZ and Riku since apparently said details are few and far between. Xigbar is not on that list and he's not "close" enough with Axel to get the info, imo. (Not to mention, not seeing it himself would make it super hard to imitate Riku's attacks.) srsly, my logic is quite sound there. ;(
read above. makes sense. axel gave info to xemnas, xemnas passed it to xigbar. therefore the axel/xigbar friendship means absolutely jack.
Okay, fair enough. Still, how would Xigbar get his weapon...? I don't see why he would need to imitate Riku. He didn't bother later on in the game. I just don't see motive and Xigbar isn't exactly one to go well out of his way to do something like this. (Seriously he is so content to sit back and do nothing if he doesn't have to do it. You see it in KH2 and a LOT in 358/2. D:)
again read above. data makes everything. look at what DiZ did. made a whole damn town.

I get the feeling he wasn't fighting at full power. He was fighting so Sora would think he was part of the Organization (and thus not try to question that some people in the black coats *aren't* bad). Or maybe not, I have no idea. :( Riku's logic and decision-making skills aren't exactly A++ anyway.

very true, but still why would he even appear before him then in the first place. and even if xigbar is so damn lazy, he still gets off his ass every now an then and does stuff. u dont stay a superior without being...well.. superior.
omg wall of text. @_@ Anyway, no, I think if you were meant to chase him all the way down and it was implied that you never lost sight, you would literally chase him and you would literally never lose sight except just before you head to the next screen. It would't be done via cutscenes. It would be SO easy to make it a chase-based gameplay, even with the map loading. I need to replay this part to make sure (and KH2 isn't on my list until later this year) but it was definitely Riku on the mountain and he slips away before you get to the palace which is where Xigbar debuts.
well that is really irrelevant to the situation. theres been chases before in KH (dont ask me which ones, i dont remember, i just know there were chases) and it was cutscene/gameplay/cutscene/etc. they do that so u know which way to go in case u lose the one ur chasing. because if the person was too slow so u couldnt lose him, then u could attack and it wouldnt work well even if u couldnt actually hit the person.
Also what? Xigbar was warning the Emporer? Isn't that counter-productive? Remember, the Organization is bringing Heartless into the various worlds to collect hearts. So basically, they need the Heartless to steal the hearts of the denizens of each world and THEN they need Sora to come along and defeat the Heartless. Running down a mountain to tell the Emporer "LOOK OUT A GIANT HEARTLESS IS COMING" just... makes no sense. Why would he give forewarning? He doesn't WANT there to be any time for some sort of evacuation or defensive measures. There's absolutely no reason Xigbar would warn anyone. He's an asshat, sure, but he also wouldn't go out of his way to make his own job harder. o_O;
okay okay ill admit u kinda got me there that was more just speculation than anything i just forgot to specify that lol. of course keep in mind that the emperor never actually said WHEN riku came, he just said he was warned earlier. ya never know riku could've come and gone before any of this stuff.
I... guess... but they never use the Riku replica after this. They had no reason to--Vexen isn't around to create them anymore, Namine isn't around to control it anymore, and really, what good would it do? I go back to Xigbar's character--he just... wouldn't care, seriously. He'd rather just snipe you from afar than bother getting himself too far in harm's way by melee fighting. o_O; This whole thing just isn't in character for him at all.
well firstly namine didnt really "control" him she just held power over him and his forgery of a heart. his actions were his own. he was like an artificial intelligence.
ya i know that xigbar doesnt usually get his hands dirty but like zexion (who was the same way) sometimes u just have to do it.
"or maybe it was possibly a fly decision. " <<dont bash me on that that is just speculation.
358/2 Spoilers:
Spoiler:

That said! Remember, Riku is in a totally different body at this point. Sure, around now he's probably been running around as Ansem for a while now and you could argue it "feels natural" for him but fact remains he's still using a body that he didn't grow up with. o_O; I imagine how he looks when he fights is different. He doesn't have the same physique and stature that he did when he originally used it. Of course he's gonna use it differently. Also the "clumsy and casual" manner could very well be Riku throwing the fight. :) After all, we know he doesn't want to defeat Sora.
ok thats fair. but still, he could throw a fight and still have deliberate movements because, as u yourself even just said, he's been in that body for awhile now so he should be used to it. a fighting style is the same in any body, thats why so many people can learn one particular sword technique, such as kendo. i know some heavier people that are very adept in kendo for example.
Remember, the originals CHOSE to become Nobodies. I'm of the firm belief that none of them want their hearts back. :D They're gathering hearts for Kingdom Hearts, yeah, but that's not gonna get them their hearts back. Xigbar was one of the originals and is pretty much Xemnas's right-hand man (as much as he doesn't look/act the part at times XD), so while maybe not downright evil, he's certainly not a good guy.

well, they never said they chose to be nobodies. they just delved so far into darkness that they became heartlesses, and then nobodies were left behind. and yes ur right none of them are good guys for sure but their not exactly evil either if u see my point. they've never directly done anything to anyone really except for sora, riku, and ansem the wise.

Mm, Nobodies aren't aligned with dark OR light; they're nothing. I think it's their jackets that help them move through the dark portals/passages or whatever but I'm not 100% on that, I might just be vaguely remembering an interview (but that's why Riku & the King wear them, iirc). Riku, however IS from the darkness. Accepting the darkness again is what changes his form to Ansem, isn't it? Doesn't he say later in KH2 that he was ashamed to show himself to Sora & Co. because he'd accepted the darkness again? It's been so long since I've played this game, orz.
ok yes that is true i mispoke there. but they do use dark powers, they live close to the dark realm and can move freely within it.
umm...their jackets? seriously? cuz kairi traveled thru a portal on her own once (albeit that riku opened it lol but still she was alone except for pluto)
and mickey couldnt use any dark powers or open portals or anything, he just piggy-backed others portals (remember he was tracking the organization and maybe his keyblade just let the portal stay open long enough for him to go through. <<speculation comment) or maybe his keyblade let him travel much as sora's does. seeing as how theres always a keyhole at the end of gummi ship minigames. idk bout that but ya never know. this is disney+final fantasy stuff so physics literally mean nothing.
I'll go watch these cutscenes later when I'm home from work but I'm pretty damn sure it's not Xigbar. :(

yes please so this can be confirmed. again i could be wrong here but the figure in the video was super thin and only a little bigger than sora (xigbar's not all that tall mind you and sora did some growing in that near year he was asleep.)
but if u watch when sora kairi and riku/ansem are reunited, riku is sooo much taller than sora and kairi.

read the above bold print lol. sorry for huge posts guys but i think i have some pretty valid points on this. theres always the possibility that i could be wrong, but i mean is this really such an insane possibility? if it accomplished nothing else, it got sora to go to where the heartless appeared. it really makes no sense for it to be riku even with riku's hooooooooorrible track record for decision making :P

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
read the above bold print lol. sorry for huge posts guys but i think i have some pretty valid points on this. theres always the possibility that i could be wrong, but i mean is this really such an insane possibility? if it accomplished nothing else, it got sora to go to where the heartless appeared. it really makes no sense for it to be riku even with riku's hooooooooorrible track record for decision making :P
It makes perfect sense. He didn't want Sora to know that he was in the form of Ansem and Sora assumed he was a member of Organization XIII before he revealed his weapon, thus he kinda just went with it. Most of Organization XIII seemed to ignore Riku.

Vallander

Close your eyes...
Years
It makes perfect sense. He didn't want Sora to know that he was in the form of Ansem and Sora assumed he was a member of Organization XIII before he revealed his weapon, thus he kinda just went with it. Most of Organization XIII seemed to ignore Riku.

ok i do agree with u on that point, but think: thats like saying, "i dont want the store clerk to know that im stealing these apples" then going to the counter with the apples, then running away. it just makes no sense. if riku didnt want sora to know, he wouldnt have appeared in the first place. thats why he was helping them all along without being seen.

and i think the organization just ignored him mostly cuz he wasnt really a threat until the end. he was kind of an "out of play" character.

basically in all logical sense, it doesnt make sense for riku to be there at that fight. and also since he was running away up the mountain (assuming that it could have been riku that was seen) if he was done there couldnt he have just warped out and been done with it? so again, this makes no sense unless riku is SERIOUSLY THAT RETARDED
which i guess in all fairness he is pretty stupid lol.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
Years
ok i do agree with u on that point, but think: thats like saying, "i dont want the store clerk to know that im stealing these apples" then going to the counter with the apples, then running away. it just makes no sense. if riku didnt want sora to know, he wouldnt have appeared in the first place. thats why he was helping them all along without being seen.

and i think the organization just ignored him mostly cuz he wasnt really a threat until the end. he was kind of an "out of play" character.

basically in all logical sense, it doesnt make sense for riku to be there at that fight. and also since he was running away up the mountain (assuming that it could have been riku that was seen) if he was done there couldnt he have just warped out and been done with it? so again, this makes no sense unless riku is SERIOUSLY THAT RETARDED
which i guess in all fairness he is pretty stupid lol.

Dont we already know that both Sora and Riku are seriously mental.

Lets alremeber that riku was apart of the organazation, even though he was helping sora he still needed to look likehe was helping the organazation. thats probably the onlty reason he battled sora. The only reason Riku went in the first place was to warn them of a attack.

Vallander

Close your eyes...
Years
Dont we already know that both Sora and Riku are seriously mental.

Lets alremeber that riku was apart of the organazation, even though he was helping sora he still needed to look likehe was helping the organazation. thats probably the onlty reason he battled sora. The only reason Riku went in the first place was to warn them of a attack.

well that first sentence is true :P

as for the following paragraph: .....what?? im sorry thats not even in the ballpark.

1.riku was not apart of the organization
2.the organization was aware of him as a potential threat
3. he did not help them at all or look like he was helping them. sora just got confused because of all the black coats. thats like picking a person out of a lineup in a black room.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Woaaaaaaah, so much has happened whilst I've been away. o: We went to a country fair thing, and they had ducks for sale and EVERYTHING. I wanted to buy one and call it Demyx, but my parents wouldn't let me. ;-;-;-;-;

I thought that Riku wore a black robe akin to those of the Orgy so he and Mickey could easily go about unnoticed (I mean, the Dusks etc. mistook photographs of Roxas for the real one, they're not exactly members of Mensa) in their quest to awaken Sora/ find Ansem the Wise. Though what was said about them enabling their wearers to travel through darkness makes sense too. XD

The reason why he fought Sora on the mountain was because it was easier to do so than talk to him, if you take the factor of Riku's appearance into consideration. He could have easily hidden behind a rock and come out once Sora and co. had passed, thus allowing him to come up 'behind'.

Regardless of whether or not it was Riku or Xigbar running up the mountain at the start of that story arc, if Riku hadn't intervened, then Sora would be spending forever searching for someone who wasn't there. And maybe Riku wanted to see his friend again, even if he didn't want Sora to see him, especially after all the effort he went to in order to wake him up (Roxaaaas ;-; ). He's only been in Ansem's form for what, a week (I'll have to check the timeline to see if Roxas' 6 Days in KH2 come immediately after his defeat, or if there're a few days inbetween) plus however long it's taken Sora to get to The Land Of The Dragons II. I doubt he's done much fighting, either.

Anyhoo, those are my few cents~

Vallander

Close your eyes...
Years
Woaaaaaaah, so much has happened whilst I've been away. o: We went to a country fair thing, and they had ducks for sale and EVERYTHING. I wanted to buy one and call it Demyx, but my parents wouldn't let me. ;-;-;-;-;

I thought that Riku wore a black robe akin to those of the Orgy so he and Mickey could easily go about unnoticed (I mean, the Dusks etc. mistook photographs of Roxas for the real one, they're not exactly members of Mensa) in their quest to awaken Sora/ find Ansem the Wise. Though what was said about them enabling their wearers to travel through darkness makes sense too. XD

The reason why he fought Sora on the mountain was because it was easier to do so than talk to him, if you take the factor of Riku's appearance into consideration. He could have easily hidden behind a rock and come out once Sora and co. had passed, thus allowing him to come up 'behind'.

Regardless of whether or not it was Riku or Xigbar running up the mountain at the start of that story arc, if Riku hadn't intervened, then Sora would be spending forever searching for someone who wasn't there. And maybe Riku wanted to see his friend again, even if he didn't want Sora to see him, especially after all the effort he went to in order to wake him up (Roxaaaas ;-; ). He's only been in Ansem's form for what, a week (I'll have to check the timeline to see if Roxas' 6 Days in KH2 come immediately after his defeat, or if there're a few days inbetween) plus however long it's taken Sora to get to The Land Of The Dragons II. I doubt he's done much fighting, either.

Anyhoo, those are my few cents~

;_; i want a duck.... lolz XD

again, h-h-how does the whole robe traveling thing make sense? lol i just dont get that one i guess.

as for roxas, im not sure but i would imagine he was there for awhile seeing as how he was very well acquainted with everyone in the town. im not sure if DiZ could just implant friends y'know? i mean i guess its possible with the whole sora thought namine was kairi thingy in CoM, but... idk

as for the riku/xigbar argument, iiiiiiiiiii dont even care anymore lol. i should just make a hack match of riku vs xigbar to take out my frustration on :P

so does anyone have anything new to talk about? lol

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
;_; i want a duck.... lolz XD

again, h-h-how does the whole robe traveling thing make sense? lol i just dont get that one i guess.

as for roxas, im not sure but i would imagine he was there for awhile seeing as how he was very well acquainted with everyone in the town. im not sure if DiZ could just implant friends y'know? i mean i guess its possible with the whole sora thought namine was kairi thingy in CoM, but... idk

as for the riku/xigbar argument, iiiiiiiiiii dont even care anymore lol. i should just make a hack match of riku vs xigbar to take out my frustration on :P

so does anyone have anything new to talk about? lol
The Organization robes allow their wearers to traverse the World of Darkness without being tainted by it.

Okay..a new topic..How's this?
Favorite Summon from the Kingdom Hearts series (not counting Cloud in CoM)?
Mine would have to be the Genie, especially in KHII.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
lol yeah I don't care enough to keep arguing the Xigbar/Riku thing. XD;

Anyway! Favourite summon. Um. I honestly never really used them much. Might say Simba in CoM just because he and Cloud (who apparently doesn't count XD) are the only ones I ever kept in my deck. I rarely bothered with summons in KH2.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
I don't really have a favourite, since I never really relied on them in KH2. And since Cloud apparently doesn't count then nyeh XD I suppose Simba is ok though.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Tinkerbell saved my ass in KH1 when I was fighting Dragon Maleficent for the umpteenth time. I never used summons in CoM, I preferred to use the CP on Cure/ 0 Keyblade cards. In KH2, my most used is Stitch for reasons I do not know. XD Seeing as Stitch is one of my favourite Disney characters, I'll go with him. :P

Cherrim

Years
Actually, now I vaguely remember spamming Genie and Peter Pan a lot in KH2, especially in the Colosseum matches where you needed to collect a lot of points or something. So maybe they'd get favourite points for KH2.

I really didn't summon at all in KH1 though. XD

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
Favorite Summon from the Kingdom Hearts series (not counting Cloud in CoM)?

I never really used any in either KH1 or KH2 except to see what they did. XD
In COM I'd have to go with what appears to be the popular choice: Simba. I used him quite a bit.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
Years
Has to be simba for KH1. for KH2 it would be mushu. cloud is the best summon for COM. he's also like my favorite character.

Cherrim

Years
I actually don't like Cloud as a person--too emo. XD; But as a summon he was really useful so annoying battle cry or not, he was always in my deck. u_u

I never used Chicken Little. :( I found that limit so confusing! That and I never saw the movie so I had no connection to him.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
The movie only came out a little while before the game, right? o: I always wondered why they put him in, and not someone else... And yeah, the FPS baseball thing? I think it was? I couldn't handle that very well. D;

I don't warm to characters like Cloud. I prefer goofy ones like Sora. XD And although Cloud's badass, I think the way Axel dealt with Vexen in Re:CoM was awesome. XD

"Good bye." -torch'd-

Cherrim

Years
Cloud was pretty awesome in the original game because he actually had these weird quirks. Then KH and Advent Children came along and he was hit with the emo brick and became so lame. :(

Much love for CoM!Axel though. 8) He was such a jerk omg.

Back