• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • No. Imagine The Unhappy Girl taking it out. :P

Here's another one.
    Curse of the Millenium Items
    Normal Spell
    Send the top 5 cards of your opponent's deck to the Graveyard. Both players can only attack with 1 monster during their respective Battle Phases. The first player unable to draw a card wins the Duel.
    Super Rare

Someone help me think of a better name. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Level Playing Field
    Quick-Play Spell
    If the sum of each player's Life Points is 8000, each player's Life Points becomes 4000.

Situational, yes, and a cheaper version of Yu-Jo Friendship.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • YGO card for a change:

Counter Break
    Continuous Magic
    As an additional cost to playing Counter Break, discard a card.
    Whenever your opponent summons or special summons a monster, you may reveal the top card of your deck. If you do, and the revealed card has the same monster level as the card summoned, that summon is removed from the game without hitting play. Put the revealed card back on top of your deck.

Hard to keep the word count down. Anyone got an idea on trimming this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    YGO card for a change:

Counter Break
    Continuous Magic
    As an additional cost to playing Counter Break, discard a card.
    Whenever your opponent summons or special summons a monster, you may reveal the top card of your deck. If you do, and the revealed card has the same monster level as the card summoned, that summon is removed from the game without hitting play. Put the revealed card back on top of your deck.

Hard to keep the word count down. Anyone got an idea on trimming this?

"Discard one card from your hand to activate this card. When your opponent either Normal or Special Summons a monster, you may discard the top card of your deck. If the discarded card is a monster with the same level as the monster your opponent summoned, the summoning of that monster is negated and the monster is removed from play."

A lot of YGO cards have high word counts *pokes at Thousand-Eyes Restrict*. However, this way it sounds more like a real card. And...just revealing the card is too broken an ability, because that not only lets you see what card you'll draw next, but if it happens to be a popular number of stars (4), it's virtually guaranteed to stop the Normal Summon and could block a lot of Special Summons *coughsearcherscough* (see, it doesn't work the same way as MTG, which I'm guessing is your main game. In YGO, about 85% of the monsters that you'll see attacking you will be level 4 or 6). This way, at least, you're losing a card regardless, so it's not as broken.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Denied. Discarding top card is more exploitable than keeping the card on top. Besides, they see exactly what's coming at them every time they play a monster. You seem to misinterpret that idea as well.

IMO the power of the card would be a bit difficult to cost myself, just because I know for certain that it's a very powerful card. But without easy deck manipulation, I don't think it'll be as powerful as you think it is.

And last thing: I don't follow YGO's stupidity in terms of having many words. I make it so that cards have little words, because I know YGO's "many word" cards are intrinsically terrible in design.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • YGO recently switched system to reduce the amount of words. Exiled Force's old text is now reduced now to "Tribute this monster. Destroy a monster on the field."

However some cards simply got so many effects stuck on it that it can't help but have a super long text: Thousand Eyes Restrict >>; not easy to reduce in word length.

Dumping is far stronger than revealing. You dump that Dark Magician of Chaos, and even if the summon still went through, you got a huge gain already. Either you deny the summon (even trade off for your discard), or you just dumped a tribute monster into the graveyard that you can't use immediately and get -1. (Counter Break + Discard) Unless the monster dumped is a monarch or anything that doesn't benefit from dump/revive, it's still exploitable. If it's revealed, then you may cry how you're getting a 8 star monster next turn that you can't use, and you just -1 yourself on top of it (-2 total?.) And, the newly set trap card is guaranteed to be "anything that pwns the DMOC" now. o_O;

But all in all, I'll gladly take other methods to stop summoning... Twister is causing major hate on anything that stays on the field for longer than one turn, except for snatch steal.

Counter Break
    Continuous Magic
    Discard a card from your hand. Whenever your opponent normal summons or special summons a monster, you may reveal the top card of your deck. If the revealed card is a monster card and has the same level as the monster summoned, negate the normal summon or special summon and remove the monster from play. Put the revealed card back on top of your deck.

YGO does have the fit with classifying all of its summoning, however... I believe that this is as short as it can get already.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Well it's good that they changed things up to make it easier on the eyes, that's for sure.

Yeah, I can't think of ways to cut corners other than "that summon" replacing "the normal summon or special summon" near end of the clause.

Counter Break
    Continuous Magic
    Discard a card from your hand. Whenever your opponent normal summons or special summons a monster, you may reveal the top card of your deck. If the revealed card is a monster card and has the same level as the monster summoned, negate that summon and remove the monster from play. Put the revealed card back on top of your deck.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Denied. Discarding top card is more exploitable than keeping the card on top. Besides, they see exactly what's coming at them every time they play a monster. You seem to misinterpret that idea as well.

The fact that the card says you may reveal the top card ruins that idea.

IMO the power of the card would be a bit difficult to cost myself, just because I know for certain that it's a very powerful card. But without easy deck manipulation, I don't think it'll be as powerful as you think it is.

And last thing: I don't follow YGO's stupidity in terms of having many words. [S-HIGHLIGHT] I make it so that cards have little words, because I know YGO's "many word" cards are intrinsically terrible in design.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

You mean "many word" as in TER or as in something like DMOC?

...Yeah, okay, discarding = bad idea...at least, if the top card's a monster. What if it's a Spell, though? With no more Magician of Faith, the only way to get that card back would be losing at least 2 cards from your hand. And discarding a Trap will see your opponent set up anyway with a Twister/MST as soon as you set it.

And a monster discard would see a follow-up of BTH. It's overly broken no matter how you look at it--stuff a deck full of Level 4 monsters with a couple Level 6s and you're blocking most attackers from getting to you. Perhaps...if you had to discard each time, not just when you play it?

Oh, and...did anyone else consider using this thing with Convulsion of Nature? Yes, your opponent knows what's coming so they won't play a matching monster, but it also has a psychological effect to it, especially if you make a deck like I mentioned above.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Here are some custom cards that likely will be banned. Useful for machine decks however. Critize them and suggest improvements based on your opinions please.

T-100, Thief of Darkness
    Monster: Machine/Effect/Special Summon only
    Atrribute: Dark, seven stars
    Atk: 2000, Def: 1800
    By either discarding four cards in your hand or paying 1500 Life Points, you can take one card from your opponent's hand or field, and use it until it's destroyed. You can view the opponent's hand by either discarding three cards or paying 1000 Life Points. Once the controlled card is destroyed, send it to the top of the opponent's deck. The opponent's deck is then shuffled.

T-101, Robot of the Flame
    Atrribute: Fire, six stars
    Atk: 1800, Def: 1200
    By tributing up to five monsters from your side of the field or your hand, you can activate it's effect. Directly inflict 700 damage times the number of monsters tributed. If an effect or spell/trap card negates this, increase the attack or defence of this monster by 1000 points.

T-102, Robotic Master of Wind
    Monster: Machine/Effect/Special Summon
    Atrribute: Wind, seven stars.
    Atk: 1600 Def: 2400
    Flip: Once this creature is flipped, summon up to four wind, machine, or winged beast cards from your deck. In return, remove one card in your deck with an attack more than 2000 from play (if there isn't a card with an attack that high, pay 1000 life points). Put the card back into face-down defence position. This effect can only be activated every 5 turns.

T-103, Aquatic Wizard
    Atrribute: Water, six stars.
    Atk: 1700 Def: 2000
    By tributing three machine monsters (and removing one from play) you can remove from play up to two cards cards on your opponent's side of the field, or hand.

Robotic Tournament
    Spell
    Draw up to 8 machine cards from your deck (the number of drawn cards has to be even). Give half and keep 4. All current monsters on the field will be then put into the graveyard. Once your given set of machine cards are destroyed, then you may put another card down on the field again.

Factory of Power
    Spell
    Pay 500 life points to activate this. Remove one machine card from play, to special summon all cards with "T-10x" in their name. X is a variable.

Malfunction
    Trap
    All cards on the opponent's side of the field lose 150 ATK and DEF for each time a coin is flipped out of four times.

Evasion Microchip
    Trap
    This card can only be used when your opponent targets a monster. The selected monster can evade the attack.

Insert Machinery Into Group
    Spell
    For three turns, all monsters in your hand and the field become machine types.

Metal Hurricane
    Trap/Equip
    Tribute upto three monsters in your hand in order to destroy a monster on your opponent's side of the field. Equip this afterwards to a machine card to add 250 ATK or DEF per monster destroyed/tributed.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • You mean "many word" as in TER or as in something like DMOC?

...Yeah, okay, discarding = bad idea...at least, if the top card's a monster. What if it's a Spell, though? With no more Magician of Faith, the only way to get that card back would be losing at least 2 cards from your hand. And discarding a Trap will see your opponent set up anyway with a Twister/MST as soon as you set it.

And a monster discard would see a follow-up of BTH. It's overly broken no matter how you look at it--stuff a deck full of Level 4 monsters with a couple Level 6s and you're blocking most attackers from getting to you. Perhaps...if you had to discard each time, not just when you play it?

Oh, and...did anyone else consider using this thing with Convulsion of Nature? Yes, your opponent knows what's coming so they won't play a matching monster, but it also has a psychological effect to it, especially if you make a deck like I mentioned above.

Wave motion cannon can do the same pressure, yet does not rely on combo to do it. Plus, there's card dump everywhere today that it's rather hard to prevent dump/revive in comparison to summon from hand. Dump/revive can be done by so many methods, and you don't know when it's going to be coming. The spell/trap revival card can stay on the hand for as long as ever, and worse of all, it can revive another card instead of the card that got dumped (say you're at 1800 LP, and you are expecting the dumped DMOC, but then it turns out it's premature card trooper pumping itself up to 1900 for the win, yet dodge the BTH that you set for DMOC.)

If it's stuck in your hand however, you really got to get rid of it asap before it clogs you up even further. Then, you're just rushing yourself for the pit, literally.

The card won't last on the field more than once... trust me, twister will see play with Mobius >>;

I honestly don't think that the card is that strong at all, even if it's discard... cause essentially card trooper can discard at a much faster speed and paid for itself with draw/damage. If I want to negate summons, it's best done through traditional methods of traps... Yes that can't stop Jinzo short of Solemn Judgmnet and friends, but one monster is not going to make me play a much weaker card for the sake of that one monster that's not overly popular.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • You mean "many word" as in TER or as in something like DMOC?

Rule of thumb: if there is no space in the text box for more words, it has too many words.

As for the power of the card and what not, I don't study YGO anyway, so you guys can continue your debate from here on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Rule of thumb: if there is no space in the text box for more words, it has too many words.

See, that's not fair, as you can have varying text size to fill up the space (TER vs DMOC).

The answer also hit me this morning as far as cost goes, but that's an old discussion, as we have more carrds here now...

AngelicExcalibur said:
    T-100, Thief of Darkness
    Atrribute: Dark, seven stars
    Atk: 2000, Def: 1800
    By either discarding four cards in your hand or paying 1500 Life Points, you can take one card from your opponent's hand or field, and use it until it's destroyed. You can view the opponent's hand by either discarding three cards or paying 1000 Life Points. Once the controlled card is destroyed, send it to the top of the opponent's deck. The opponent's deck is then shuffled.

...Meh.

T-101, Robot of the Flame
    Atrribute: Fire, six stars
    Atk: 1800, Def: 1200
    By tributing up to five monsters from your side of the field or your hand, you can activate it's effect. Directly inflict 700 damage times the number of monsters tributed. If an effect or spell/trap card negates this, increase the attack or defence of this monster by 1000 points.

Same.

T-102, Robotic Master of Wind
    Atrribute: Wind, seven stars.
    Atk: 1600 Def: 2400
    Flip: Once this creature is flipped, summon up to four wind, machine, or winged beast cards from your deck. In return, remove one card in your deck with an attack more than 2000 from play (if there isn't a card with an attack that high, pay 1000 life points). Put the card back into face-down defence position. This effect can only be activated every 5 turns.

Broken, and yes, will be banned almost immediately.

T-103, Aquatic Wizard
    Atrribute: Water, six stars.
    Atk: 1700 Def: 2000
    By tributing three machine monsters (and removing one from play) you can remove from play up to two cards cards on your opponent's side of the field, or hand.

...Okay.

Robotic Tournament
    Spell
    Draw up to 8 machine cards from your deck (the number of drawn cards has to be even). Give half and keep 4. All current monsters on the field will be then put into the graveyard. Once your given set of machine cards are destroyed, then you may put another card down on the field again.

"Give" half?

And...the last sentence makes little sense, to be blunt.

Factory of Power
    Spell
    Pay 500 life points to activate this. Remove one machine card from play, to special summon all cards with "T-10x" in their name. X is a variable.

Removed from where?

And you can cover the variable by just saying "monster whose name starts with 'T-10'". Better-sounding, that's all.

Malfunction
    Trap
    All cards on the opponent's side of the field lose 150 ATK and DEF for each time a coin is flipped out of four times.

There's already a card named Malfunction.

Evasion Microchip
    Trap
    This card can only be used when your opponent targets a monster. The selected monster can evade the attack.

..."Targets the monster"? With an attack or effect?

Insert Machinery Into Group
    Spell
    For three turns, all monsters in your hand and the field become machine types.

Bettter name, please? No offense, but it just doesn't fit...

Metal Hurricane
    Trap/Equip
    Tribute upto three monsters in your hand in order to destroy a monster on your opponent's side of the field. Equip this afterwards to a machine card to add 250 ATK or DEF per monster destroyed/tributed.

Usually monsters are discarded from the hand, but otherwise okay.

You might want to word some of those better...

...Ah, yes, I forgot my reason for coming here: another card.

Fusion Memory
    Equip Spell
    You can only equip this card onto a Fusion Monster that was successfully Fusion Summoned. The equipped Fusion Monster gains the effects of any monsters used to Fusion Summon it as long as they are in your Graveyard.

Last edited:

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Here's a few more custom cards. Like before, offer improvements and rate them if you want.

Tribe of the Dark
    Continious Spell
    For five turns, search through your deck for a darkness monster with an attack power equal to or less than 2500, and a defence power equal to or less than 2000. After the five turns, remove Tribe of the Dark from play and shuffle your deck.

Emerald Dragon
    Monster/Light/Effect
    Dragon, six stars.
    Attack: 2500
    Defence: 1700
    This card can only be put into face-downdefence position. When flip summoned, special summon a monster with a level less than six.

Ruby Dragon
    Monster/Light/Effect
    Dragon, six stars.
    Attack: 2300
    Defence: 1900
    This card can only be put into face-down defence position. When flip summoned, place a spell or trap card on the field.

Sapphire Dragon
    Monster/Light/Effect
    Dragon, seven stars.
    Attack: 2400
    Defence: 2300
    This card can only be put into face-down defence position. When flip summoned, destroy one monster or trap card on your opponent's side of the field.

Gem's Fire
    Spell
    When Emerald Dragon, Ruby Dragon, and Sapphire Dragon is on the field at the same time, activate one of the two effects.
    -Raise the three dragons' attack power to 3200.
    -Inflict 1200 damage to your opponent's life points.

Tsunami
    Spell/Quick-Play
    While your side of the field is water-elemental, activate one of the following:
    -Inflict 400 damage to your opponent's life points for each water monster on the field.
    -Tribute one non-water monster to destroy a non-water monster on your opponent's side of the field.
    -Decrease the attack or defence of a monster by 500 points.

Red-Eye Blue-Eye Grey Dragon
    Monster/Dark/Fusion
    Level 8, Dragon.
    Attack: 3500
    Defence: 3500
    Red Eyes Black Dragon + Blue Eyes White Dragon
    When fusion summoned, search in your deck for a Blue Eyes White Dragon, Toon Blue Eyes White Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon, or Red Eyes Black Chick, and special summon it regardless of conditions. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Shuffle
    Spell
    For five turns, each player will shuffle their deck per turn.

Last edited:

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Icha: Oops. I forgot to mention "largest font only". :3

This is an attempt to play around with end phase, I guess.

Spell Flare
    Continuous Trap
    Your maximum hand size is 2 cards.
    At the beginning of each end phase, if you played spell cards that turn, draw a card.

Something to chew on I guess. Nothing really that fancy, except for some potential exploits that may be rather broken. So you guys would probably have to check things out there.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Depends on what do you mean by "Maximum hand size is two"... before draw, or are we talking about how the user of this card is constricted to a max of 2 cards in hand at all times?

AngelicExcalibur: a lot of your cards need some details... as much as "a lot of text in a card" sucks just like TER, sometimes you just have to have them... search a monster than do what with it? Special summon a monster from where? Deck or hand or graveyard? Also, it's a bit lazy to just write "/special summon"... are you trying to say nomi or something? Try to use the proper YGO format by referencing to real cards and see how they type up their text.

Ah let's just throw something out there...

Slow Reaction- Continuous Trap
    While this card is face-up on the field, negate the effects of all quick-play spell cards on the field. The activation of this trap card cannot be chained to by a quick-play spell card.

Divinity of the Sanctuary- Counter Trap
    You can only activate this card if "A Sanctuary in the Sky" and a Fairy-type monster are on your side of the field. Negate the Normal Summon or Special Summon of an effect monster, and destroy it.

Last edited:

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Depends on what do you mean by "Maximum hand size is two"... before draw, or are we talking about how the user of this card is constricted to a max of 2 cards in hand at all times?

Maximum hand size is defined by the number of cards you must discard to during end phase. The normal maximum hand size is 6, is it not?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Yes, but there's still complication such as... when you already got 2 card entering the main phase, do you get to draw then discard a card, or do you just skip your draw from Spell Flare? etc etc... details like that.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • There is no discard trigger. Because of that, the ability would activate, and you draw a card. At the end of the end phase, you discard. It's because there is no discard trigger that the order is clearly defined. Also, this is why I said "beginning of end phase", not "end phase".

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Ah I see... well, you're mostly MTG player, and I've heard that MTG (being mother of many trading card game in english really) is already very familiar with card cycling.... it's no big deal if it's there, and nothing out of the ordinary if it happens.

In YGO, there's probably at best 4 cards that can do that. 2 of them (Graceful Charity, Mirage of Nightmare) are banned. Card cycling a rarity and totally unexplored, basically.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Well yeah, the ability to draw cards is common in mtg. It's also very natural inexecution most of the time. Funny thing is that there is such thing as "crappy drawing" in mtg as well. Though it seems that two cards "Jar of Greed" and the goblin merchant would get that honour. lol

Anyway, I think it's because YGO lacks a resource system, which causes card drawing to be disperportionally strong. And the problem is that payment usually comes from either discard, tribute, etc. in which n...idea.

Free Will
    Quick Magic
    If a monster you control is to be placed into the graveyard from battle, you may instead remove it from the game. If you do, draw 2 cards.

Might be too powerful, yes. It's like a limited pot, yes. It will be restricted to 1, yes. It doesn't work with current YGO game mechanics, yes. lol

Back