• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby Renev (v1.4.3)

Should I earse Pokemon Ruby Renev?

• YES!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • NO!

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Finnaly after long time I decide to release here my wonderfull hack of Pokemon Ruby which i working since year.
POKEMON RUBY RENEV currently on Version 1.4.0 state. But I still working on new versions of that game to make them better and better.
pokemon_ruby_renev_boxart_by_koramax-dajzl7w.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STORY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 1 - Hoenn
You moved from Olivine Town in Johto to Hoenn region. You have in heart great feeling of start new journey and beat eight new gym Leaders which one of them is your father. But Beware. Team Magma want rise up power of legendary Pokemon Groudon to increase landmass on the Pokemon World. Stop them, and later climb up to become Hoenn League Master.

Part 2 - Johto
After become the champion of Hoenn. You got from your father ferry ticket. That ticket give you able to return into your childhood. To the Johto region. Fight with Johto leaders for obtain sum of another 8 badges which give you in sum of 16 badges at all. And by destroying New Team Rocket which want return after beaten by Gold.

Part 3 - Kanto
Roam around that region and get 24 badges in total. Discover oldschoolregion within new twist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FEATURES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Johto and Kanto Parts as extra region region.
- Sum of 700 Pokemons from gen 1-9 + some Fakemons.
- 6 Formes which contain Primal changes. (* - By Primal Stone, ** - By Griesous Orb, *** - By Evolutionary Stone)
IN THAT LIST WAS
Spoiler:

- PSS Split Included.
- Added Fairy and Crystal types.
- Extra 40 new moves.
- Gogoat Riding System
- NO MORE CONTESTS.
- New Items.
Spoiler:

- Increased EXP level range (For more difficult in training)
- Hiden Legendaries. (Search for them in Johto and Hoenn. They was hiden in Various Place)
- DPPT style music for Hoenn and HGSS music for Johto.
- Day and Night system.
CURRENT VERSION FINISH AT SANGAROO ISLAND

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NEW EVOLUTION METHODS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- All trade Pokemons evolve now by using LINK CABLE item.
- Haunter evolve with Link Cable to Gengar
- Eevee evolve using Stones (THUNDER - Jolteon, FIRE - Flareon, WATER - Vapereon, MOON - Umbreon, SUN - ESPEON, FREEZE - Glaceon, PIXIE - SYLVEON, LEAF - Leafeon.)
- Kirlia evolved on lvl 30 to Gardeviour, or when we give SUN STONE it evolve to GALLADE <Gender permanently changed to Male>
- GOLBAT evolve into CROBAT on lvl 42.
- MAGNETON evolve into MAGNEZONE after use THUNDERSTONE
- RHYDON evolve into RHYPERIOR after use LINK CABLE
- TANGELA evolve into TANGROWTH on lvl 37
- ELECTABUZZ evolve into ELECTIVIRE after use THUNDERSTONE
- MAGMAR evolve into MAGMORTAR after use FIRE STONE
- YANNMA evolve into YANNMEGA on lvl 37
- MURKROW evolve into HONCHKROW by after use MOON STONE
- MISSDREAVUS evolve into MISMAGIUS by after use MOON STONE
- GLIGAR evolve into GLISCOR by after use MOON STONE
- SNEASEL evolve into WEAVILE on lvl 36
- PILOSWINE evolve into MAMOSWINE on lvl 42
- NOSEPASS evolve into PROBOPASS after use THUNDERSTONE
- FEEBAS evolve into MILOTIC on lvl 25
- DUSCLOPS evolve into DUSKNOIR after use LINK CABLE
- ROSELIA evolve into ROSERADE after use LEAF STONE
- MUNCHLAX evolve into SNORELAX on lvl 28
- Changing from Zygarde 10% to 50% and from 50% to Perfect state needs PRIMAL STONE to be use. So for get from 10% zygarde Pefect one you need use Two Primal Stones.
- Mimikyu evolves to Miraikyu using Dusk Stone
- Milcery evolves to Alcremie using Whip Cream
- Primeape evolves to Anihilape by using Dusk Stone
- Girafarig Evolves to Farigiraf by Level 31
- Donphan Evolve into PARADOXES using centrain Stones (Thunder for Iron Thread, Fire for Great Tusk)
- Dunsprace evolves to Dudunsprace on lvl 31
- PARADOX POKEMONS you get from simmilar to them pokemon evolved via AncientGlyph or FuturismChip.
- Use it on Cyclizar to get Miraidon or Koraidon.
- Kleavor you get via using Moon Stone on Scyther.

-----------------------------------NEW PHENOMENA-------------------------------------
I introduce you new phenomena added to my game and taken from my further work of POKEMON CATHALIUM...
JEVELISM PHENOMENA
How it works?
a) On single type pokemon it adding secound type related to jevel you give him to hold. For example RATICATE within DEEP JEVEL became Normal/Dark Pokemon.
b) On double types it changing secound type of that pokemon related to Jevel. For Example ZYGARDE which was normaly Dragon/Ground when get CRYSTI JEVEL turned into Dragon/Crystal.
c) Arceus which was set as ??? type within jevel holded acts like his plates. Since only secound type on that situation get effect.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SCREENSHOOTS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Screens.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CREDITS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Chaos Rush - For him greatest Pokemon Resource.
To anonyboy - For Brendan and May ORAS style for GBA.
To Smoogon University and yourself - For their sharing their Sprites which later I remade for GBA needs.
To GoGoJTech - For help me with implement him HGSS patch into my hack.
To ipatix - For help with implement DPPT patch into my hack.
To destinedjagold - For him tutorials about adding new types and moves to Pokemon Ruby.
To PSS thread - For help me implement PSS patch to my hack.
To Alistar - For Hoenn small tree, Rocks, and flower tiles.
To falsefate - For Tree tiles and palletes.
To Tyranitar50 - For help with text corrections.
To Leparagon - For some Primal Pokemon Sprites
To thedarkdragon11 - And other creators in Gen 7 sprite Repository.
To SuperVerskerDark - For HexManiacAdvance and huge help with expanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TOOLS USED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GBAPGE , G3HS, G3T 2.9.1, A-Map 1.95. U-NLZ GBA, NTSE 2.1, SHINYZER, FSF, Pokedex Order Editor, Pokedex Entry Editor, Advanced Series Editor, XSE 1.11, PKSV 2.1, HxD hex editor, Paint XD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~IMPORTANT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Use FLASH 128k save type to prevent random game freezing.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````BUGS``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
- Size screen of Pokedex can freeze game.
- Pokemon in PC BOX don't display right their stats. When you take them to party it shows stas correctly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DOWNLOAD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here you go! Link to UPS patch
(Use rom version 1.1 from Emulatorgames)
Version 1.4.3 - Here
Version 1.4.0 - Here
Version 1.3.6 - Here
Version 1.3.5 - Here
Version 1.3.1 - Here
Version 1.2.2 - HERE
If something was wrong with that patch. Aske me on PM.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Would you mind posting a type chart for this hack, with the Fairy and Crystal types included?

Also, since the physical/special split is here, Outrage should be physical, and Hyper Beam should be special.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I think he based it off the Physical/Special Split from the original Gen III games, since Dragon is special, Outrage is special. Same goes for that Hyper Beam. Since it is a Normal-type move, it is a physical move.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I think he based it off the Physical/Special Split from the original Gen III games, since Dragon is special, Outrage is special. Same goes for that Hyper Beam. Since it is a Normal-type move, it is a physical move.

You have right DUDE. I make it on Oryginal PSS split fron GEN III. Fairy Becomes also Special. And Crystal Moves become Physical.

Would you mind posting a type chart for this hack, with the Fairy and Crystal types included?

Also, since the physical/special split is here, Outrage should be physical, and Hyper Beam should be special.

Well.... Ok. Type chart? Take it.
FAIRY - http://www.serebii.net/xy/fairytype.shtml
CRYSTAL - Half Damages from GRASS, FIRE, WATER. Immune for ELECTRIC. Weak for FIGHTING and STEEL.

Nice hack, bro! Good luck on finishing it!

Thank You dude... Some secrets I've put inside rom. Search for them. One is on Hoenn. Secound is on Johto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
For some reason, it keeps resetting when I try to battle PokeFan Isabel on Route 110. O_o

Also, the Hoenn dex is completely blank (though the National dex is fine).

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Right, time for a usual critical look on certain screenshots:
i4qnir.jpg

Err... May want to redesign that, the RENEV part looks kinda broken and ugly, it just doesn't curve right, it's clearly just a mix of the rest of the words without being designed to look good.

The Rejishan sprite style doesn't fit the rest of the Pokemon sprites. Same with the Primals and Megas shown - they just appear to be squashed to fit, instead of designed to look good. It's kinda poor quality.

2dr6ste.jpg

Should be "There may be Pokemon living in this tree. Would you like to use HEADBUTT?"

1fu4v8.jpg

2 things here:
1. That path isn't a path, it was the port tiles, so the white edges shouldn't be walkable, but as you want it for a path, you may want to use a different border tile here (see Mauville City for example)
2. The Flower pallettes are kinda screwed up, may need recolouring.

EDIT: May also want to credit ALL the people who created the tiles you use as I've just noticed you haven't credited anyone for tiles/

Last edited:

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
Years
Good its been posted. i'll definitely give it a shot :-) don't wanna do some critic stuffs i'll leave that to the big guys :-D so just keep improving your hack ksiazek! great work.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
So, I was looking through the screenshots and everything to see what's up with the hack I've noticed some things. For example, the screenshot with the resized fisherman, the fisherman doesn't look like he's resized correctly at all. I also don't understand that you are using a bunch of different spriting styles with your hack that at least in my opinion, do not really work because it looks less consistent.

Looking at the screens I started noticing something that have not been stated in your credits. You gave credits to Smogon for the pokemon sprites you added in but not:
Spoiler:

Which is a lot like the image found at this link here but resized. Now I don't fully know if you made the sprite yourself or not, but it definitely looks like the sprite I linked to. At least I know it's definitely not from Smogon because of the sprite in this link that's still a WIP for them. Did you make this sprite? I'm just curious.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I don't wanna spoil anything, so view text at your own risk. I just found
Spoiler:
It was right after I got Roxanne's badge. Is that supposed to happen?

Kudos on the hack btw; other than the fact that you provide us with a beta right away, I also love the additions; graphic & mechanics-wise. Good luck with the rest!

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I don't wanna spoil anything, so view text at your own risk. I just found
Spoiler:
It was right after I got Roxanne's badge. Is that supposed to happen?

Kudos on the hack btw; other than the fact that you provide us with a beta right away, I also love the additions; graphic & mechanics-wise. Good luck with the rest!

Thank you for reporting me that Bug. I fix them beafore Beta 6. Also thank you dude for your Opinion.

So, I was looking through the screenshots and everything to see what's up with the hack I've noticed some things. For example, the screenshot with the resized fisherman, the fisherman doesn't look like he's resized correctly at all. I also don't understand that you are using a bunch of different spriting styles with your hack that at least in my opinion, do not really work because it looks less consistent.

Looking at the screens I started noticing something that have not been stated in your credits. You gave credits to Smogon for the pokemon sprites you added in but not:
Spoiler:

Which is a lot like the image found at this link here but resized. Now I don't fully know if you made the sprite yourself or not, but it definitely looks like the sprite I linked to. At least I know it's definitely not from Smogon because of the sprite in this link that's still a WIP for them. Did you make this sprite? I'm just curious.

Look in the THANK's SECTION. I mention there about usage of SMOOGON UNIVERSITY sprites. If you all need. I can share here the link to that project.

Right, time for a usual critical look on certain screenshots:
i4qnir.jpg

Err... May want to redesign that, the RENEV part looks kinda broken and ugly, it just doesn't curve right, it's clearly just a mix of the rest of the words without being designed to look good.

The Rejishan sprite style doesn't fit the rest of the Pokemon sprites. Same with the Primals and Megas shown - they just appear to be squashed to fit, instead of designed to look good. It's kinda poor quality.

2dr6ste.jpg

Should be "There may be Pokemon living in this tree. Would you like to use HEADBUTT?"

1fu4v8.jpg

2 things here:
1. That path isn't a path, it was the port tiles, so the white edges shouldn't be walkable, but as you want it for a path, you may want to use a different border tile here (see Mauville City for example)
2. The Flower pallettes are kinda screwed up, may need recolouring.

EDIT: May also want to credit ALL the people who created the tiles you use as I've just noticed you haven't credited anyone for tiles/

Okie Dokie...
1. I try make them better later. I know. I need find something like boarder to them. But little later XD
2. I definite change Flower graphics to fit them on palette of Trees.

For some reason, it keeps resetting when I try to battle PokeFan Isabel on Route 110. O_o

Also, the Hoenn dex is completely blank (though the National dex is fine).

This thing by seting so early by me National Dex avaible. Talk after obtain Dex from Birch. He explain you how to do it.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
AGAIN SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST.
But I want show you fixed sprites of two Pokemons.

M.RAYQUAZA -
20gmkop.jpg

M.LATIAS -
2la92c0.jpg

Both comes from SMOOGON UNIVERSITY Project. Also Big Thank's for KyleyDove for him Rock, Pine Tree and Flower tiles in my hack.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Another Double Post. But i need from you help. Here is thre examples of Palletes for Grass and Trees.

DPPT style -
350pgyc.jpg

HGSS style -
2z6xh88.jpg

Mixed Both Style -
2nj95ih.jpg

Please. Give in comments answers about that Which one is the best.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
Another Double Post. But i need from you help. Here is thre examples of Palletes for Grass and Trees.

DPPT style -
350pgyc.jpg

HGSS style -
2z6xh88.jpg

Mixed Both Style -
2nj95ih.jpg

Please. Give in comments answers about that Which one is the best.

I think the trees look way to small, and the tall grass looks like a horrible mesh. :/
Would you ever consider changing them, for some more appealing tiles?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
You will change Brendan and May minisprites, right?
Because their backsprite looks like OR/AS and their minisprite is just the same than R/S/E, which doesn't really make sense :/
I'll try it, even if i don't like too much the tiles used in the different maps, Hoenn and Johto had always been my first two favourite regions, so.. it could be pretty interesting <3

Cya~

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I think the trees look way to small, and the tall grass looks like a horrible mesh. :/
Would you ever consider changing them, for some more appealing tiles?

But I asking about palletes. Not about Tileset.

You will change Brendan and May minisprites, right?
Because their backsprite looks like OR/AS and their minisprite is just the same than R/S/E, which doesn't really make sense :/
I'll try it, even if i don't like too much the tiles used in the different maps, Hoenn and Johto had always been my first two favourite regions, so.. it could be pretty interesting <3

Cya~

Yes. I have in plans to change May and Brendan OW's to ORAS fit. It was been quite easy. It needs to add to OW's Green Shoes and fix backpack. For May work is easier.

Could you possibly add reusable TMs and BW2 repel system in the next beta?

1. I think about it and yes. I try do reusable TM's.
2. It was more difficult than seting Reusable TM's. I can't for now said it exacly that I add this feature.

Back