• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Trade feedback system

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
  • I think it would be nice to have a simplified version of the ebay rating system. People who have made one bad trade end up on a blacklist which can damage their reputation.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • A. One bad trade is all that's needed to prove someone isn't trading fairly
    B. ...I can't tell you any details, I'll leave that to staff, but there's a similar project that already exists.
    C. Trading reputation is just as abuse-able as real reputation is, so this may or may not ever come true anyway
    D. If you object to a blacklist system, take this up with moderators/blacklist operators. A blacklist can be fairly implemented especially if more than just the blacklist exists. There should be room for a graylist for traders who are merely "risky" (Pass off a traded pokemon which wasn't legit and you didn't know it OR only traded a bad pokemon ONCE)

Also, since we're on the topic of trading: I think trade-ability rules are dumb, and I feel that moderators should heavily discourage the use of anything less than "Redistributable". This means no telling the person you trade it to that they can't trade it or even telling them that the person they trade it to can't trade it. That's just asinine.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Most traders have a Whitelist and a Blacklist in their trade threads to show to other people who they think are bad traders for whatever reasons they have for them. Whether it be a bad trade, or abuse over the wifi, or something like that. I don't think this is really necessary, as someone might have a good experience with someone, while someone else could have a bad one.

If anything, I think there should be a blacklist of People who have been proven to hack Pokemon or something, which are decided by the Trade Corner moderators' (TwilightBlade, Aurafire) judgement.

PinkPirate

Years
  • I didnt mean to imply that I am against the blacklist. especially not the official one. Also, just so you know, I have never been blacklisted so this is not a personal vendetta. I just think a lttle more info on why a person has personally blacklisted someonr.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Look, you honestly have no right to contest someone else being personally blacklisted by another person.

If you really must know, you can PM the person who included that person on their blacklist. Don't try to fight on behalf of any friends, that's none of your business.

But it's really up to that person. They don't have to tell you anything...or even care. If you don't trust somebodies blacklist, then you have the free will to completely ignore that person's listings and urge others to do so. Most traders can discern for themselves how much risk trading with anyone else is without consulting others' lists.

I personally think that anyone elses' blacklist is garbage anyway...with the sole exception of Moderator Operated blacklists.(MOBLs)

PinkPirate

Years
  • okay...it was just a suggestion. No need to be high-and-mighty on me. And like I said this isnt personal. None of my friends have been blacklisted as far as I know.

I think you have made your position clear and have made some good points. Opinions differ. That is life. Learn to accept that.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm with Pachy on this one. If you want to Blacklist someone, feel free to do so, but why would someone be obliged to explain themselves to you? The furthest I would go is that if people wanted a blacklist, they should have just minimal info about it, like "traded me a hacked pokemon".

PinkPirate

Years
  • Okay. I officially retract my suggestion. It isnt something I care much about. It was merely an idea. If I knew it would become a personal attack on me and my morals I certainly would never had posted anything.

Years
  • Okay. I officially retract my suggestion. It isnt something I care much about. It was merely an idea. If I knew it would become a personal attack on me and my morals I certainly would never had posted anything.

Don't retract your suggestion, it's perfectly viable. As a Trade Corner regular, not some passerby, I can tell you that after spending some time in the TC you'll discover who's trustworthy and who's not pretty quickly. But remember that member blacklists really don't mean anything, at all. Just pay attention to the Blacklisted OT/ID numbers in the stickied rules thread so you don't mistakenly trade and/or receive a hacked Pokemon. As Hiroshi Sotomura said, we have things in the works pertaining to this, so keep an eye out.

Back