• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon G/S Trainer Editing

Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 12, 2016
    Hey guys!
    I'm new to the forum and thought I'd contribute to the tutorial page because there aren't many Pokemon G/S hacks out there and I'm hoping there'll be more if i give some information on hacking Trainers.
    First, you'll need a good Hex Editor (I use Windhex) and a proper RBYGS table file. Next, you'll need, obviously, a Pokemon Silver or Gold ROM.
    Open the ROM in your hex editor of choice, with the correct table file. Now firstly, the Trainer Data is setup very differently in different parts of the ROM. Some will just give (PKMNLVL PKMN PKMNLVl PKMN FF) this is the most basic trainer setup. Remember, right before this, there is the Trainer's name followed by 50 00, 00 50, or 50 02, or something similar to that. The next Trainer format is (PKMNLVL PKMN MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE ETC.) SO BE CAREFUL WHEN EDITING THOSE.
    Now, to get to the Trainer you need to edit, just search their name in the Text Search part of your Hex Editor, remember that their name will be in hex, too, so don't overwrite that data unless you know what you're doing! If you need a more specific location, the Trainer Teams start at around 0399CB.

Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 12, 2016
    Thanks (: I really want there to be more G/S/C hackers out there, so if you need any help, PM me.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I happened to make one of my own just like one and half a month ago :D
    *It's in 2nd page of Tutorials -section now.

"Remember, right before this, there is the Trainer's name followed by 50 00, 00 50, or 50 02, or something similar to that."

The name of the trainer can be followed by 1) 50 00, 2) 50 01 or 3) 50 02 depending on the situation;
    1) The pokemon the trainer has have no special moves
    2) The pokemon have special moves
    3) No special moves but an item is attached to the pokemon the trainer has

Other items the trainer has (for example Full Restores) aren't any part of the trainer data and I don't know if anyone has found out where they are located.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2011
    can you include all of the offsets in which i can i find the trainers, especially the gym leaders in crystal..

thanks in advance:D

Back