• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sorry guys but there are 2 glaring errors on this "leak". You can still believe it if you want to but:

TPC Logo used for an unofficial source leak. No employee in their right mind would EVER use their companies logo. Why? Because it calls for immediate termination as well as up to 10 years in jail. When you use the logo you are saying this is official representation of the company making an official statement. The companies DO look for these things and do IP trace people when they use them. Nintendo has thousands of lawsuits out because of mis-use of their product logo.

I can speak of this from experience. I work for a multi-national store that has a well known logo. I HAVE fired people for using our logo outside of intended use most on the same level as this leak here. Major corporations have their own legal teams that they can use to track down people that use these and IF they are employeed within the company, they won't be for long no matter how low on the ladder they may be. Its a mandatory explanation and part of the contract that everyone has to sign when hired when they represent a name brand as large as these companies are.

Reason two: The guy claims to be a proof reader for the translation team...Why the hell did he make a grammatical error?

"Wonder through flourishing cities"

"Wonder through"

"Wonder"

WANDER. "To travel through" not "to think about". If he is a proof reader he would have caught that as they proof read everything including their own writings. If they did not they would not be proof readers.

Guy at the end needing to confirm it? I'm sorry that's either some random troll on what ever site this is from or the same poster making a separate account and only helps to ruin the credibility.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Good points Xander. The use of logo sent out red flags for me as no source, not even the more accurate/real ones use it. Also the affirmation as you said sounded suspicious as if he made another account or had a friend post that...

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
IAMTHELEAKER admits that what he said was fake!!
Quoting what he said: "If anyone is questioning why I decided to come clean I simply wanted this to end on my own term rather than when Orot's English name gets revealed or when the next issue of Coro Coro leaks just disappear without really being able to explain myself."

Also: "I felt pretty terrible when I saw people getting upset that they'd had the Champion spoiled for them but then I remembered that they'd all be happy again once they found out it was fake!"

So yeah this rumour turned out to be fake.

Source: Its on pokejungle but since I just joined I cant post links :/

http ://iamtheleaker.wordpress .com/2013/07/26/iwastheleaker/

Here is the website (without the spaces)

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'd imagine that most of the new mechanics from Gen. 5 will carry over to X & Y.
About those new rumors, if JohnGamefreak confirmed them, then they must be true. One major thing wrong about that post was that there was no é in Pokémon. Considering that it was from the official blurb, that's a big deal. Also, XanderO's points have shot down any chance of this being true.

Years
Sorry guys but there are 2 glaring errors on this "leak". You can still believe it if you want to but:

TPC Logo used for an unofficial source leak. No employee in their right mind would EVER use their companies logo. Why? Because it calls for immediate termination as well as up to 10 years in jail. When you use the logo you are saying this is official representation of the company making an official statement. The companies DO look for these things and do IP trace people when they use them. Nintendo has thousands of lawsuits out because of mis-use of their product logo.

I can speak of this from experience. I work for a multi-national store that has a well known logo. I HAVE fired people for using our logo outside of intended use most on the same level as this leak here. Major corporations have their own legal teams that they can use to track down people that use these and IF they are employeed within the company, they won't be for long no matter how low on the ladder they may be. Its a mandatory explanation and part of the contract that everyone has to sign when hired when they represent a name brand as large as these companies are.

Reason two: The guy claims to be a proof reader for the translation team...Why the hell did he make a grammatical error?

"Wonder through flourishing cities"

"Wonder through"

"Wonder"

WANDER. "To travel through" not "to think about". If he is a proof reader he would have caught that as they proof read everything including their own writings. If they did not they would not be proof readers.

Guy at the end needing to confirm it? I'm sorry that's either some random troll on what ever site this is from or the same poster making a separate account and only helps to ruin the credibility.

Haha wow if I hadn't read this I wouldn't totally bought all of that in.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
So now there is one more leaker left which i am about 100% sure he is fake.

Alright well, I'm a bottom level NoA employee. I usually help with web design and updating the X and Y site. Its been really hectic translating X and Y in time for the 12th so security is almost non existent. I know close to nothing about the new games but here is what I've managed to learn.

Flabebe has an ability to pick up a new flower when you run through a garden or flower patcher.
The new way to evolve Inkay is called "Gyro-evolution".
Another Pokemon evolves through gyro-evolution by shaking the 3DS when it levels up past 36 (it goes from a staight line looking thing to a hectic wire looking thing).
Gyro-evolution and a new game mechanic called Super Training will be revealed next week along with Litleo's final evolution and a second evolution to Flabebe.
There will be another Eeveelution name Drakeon. It's Dragon-type and it evolves through a new item called the Scale Fragment. You can find these in cave and a man in a small area called Florian Town give you one.
Some items now use a process called Infusion. The Scale Fragment and the Fairy Wing both use this method into Sylveon and Drakeon. Infusion acts just like using an item on a Pokemon but I guess there's a fancy animation where the item breaks down into little glowing orbs and they go into the Pokemon.
Super Training is a method of training that you do in an area like Safari Zone. Each pokemon in there has double their normal EV yield.
Also, some retconned Fairy types are Mawile, Milotic, Chansey's whole line, and all of Clefairy's evlution line.

That's all the information I have for right now. I'll see if I can get some more out of him later. Also Flabebe's ability and Litleo's evolution is what's going to be shown on Pokemon Smash next week on the 27th. The site is scheduled to update on the 28th.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Alright well, I'm a bottom level NoA employee. I usually help with web design and updating the X and Y site. Its been really hectic translating X and Y in time for the 12th so security is almost non existent. I know close to nothing about the new games but here is what I've managed to learn.

Flabebe has an ability to pick up a new flower when you run through a garden or flower patcher.
The new way to evolve Inkay is called "Gyro-evolution".
Another Pokemon evolves through gyro-evolution by shaking the 3DS when it levels up past 36 (it goes from a staight line looking thing to a hectic wire looking thing).
Gyro-evolution and a new game mechanic called Super Training will be revealed next week along with Litleo's final evolution and a second evolution to Flabebe.
There will be another Eeveelution name Drakeon. It's Dragon-type and it evolves through a new item called the Scale Fragment. You can find these in cave and a man in a small area called Florian Town give you one.
Some items now use a process called Infusion. The Scale Fragment and the Fairy Wing both use this method into Sylveon and Drakeon. Infusion acts just like using an item on a Pokemon but I guess there's a fancy animation where the item breaks down into little glowing orbs and they go into the Pokemon.
Super Training is a method of training that you do in an area like Safari Zone. Each pokemon in there has double their normal EV yield.
Also, some retconned Fairy types are Mawile, Milotic, Chansey's whole line, and all of Clefairy's evlution line.

That's all the information I have for right now. I'll see if I can get some more out of him later. Also Flabebe's ability and Litleo's evolution is what's going to be shown on Pokemon Smash next week on the 27th. The site is scheduled to update on the 28th.

Wasn't it already confirmed from another reliable rumor that Sylveon will be the only new Eeveelution for this game? Also, Gyro-Evolution may be true because of the Inkay line from the Pokebeach rumor.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022

[...]

Well, the good thing about these leaks is that we'll be able to confirm whether they are true or false in just a matter of hours. So let's just wait.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wait will smash even have any new news this week?

The use of the word "guess" when he's talking about the evolution method for the eeveelutions makes it sound fake as he should know. Either that or the guy is unsure of the information he should be receiving...which is fishy...

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)

I don't know…that sounds a lot like what would happen to Cryogonal if it got a glitchy form change from its crystalline form to some sort of vaporous and/or liquid form to me. Besides, all you might have to do to get Missingno. is confuse a Ditto or a Zorua…right?

Years
Wasn't it already confirmed from another reliable rumor that Sylveon will be the only new Eeveelution for this game? Also, Gyro-Evolution may be true because of the Inkay line from the Pokebeach rumor.

I think the flying-solo reference to Slyveon was from 4chan. Additionally, that leak said that some of the rumors were intentionally false while some were true. Let's see how things shape up on Smash in about 5 hours.

I am hoping Smash reveals Swirlix and Spritzee evolutions! We'll probably get a lame anime preview and another gameplay video with no new release :(

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I don't know…that sounds a lot like what would happen to Cryogonal if it got a glitchy form change from its crystalline form to some sort of vaporous and/or liquid form to me. Besides, all you might have to do to get Missingno. is confuse a Ditto or a Zorua…right?

Where did you get this from, it sounds interesting.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think the flying-solo reference to Slyveon was from 4chan. Additionally, that leak said that some of the rumors were intentionally false while some were true. Let's see how things shape up on Smash in about 5 hours.

I am hoping Smash reveals Swirlix and Spritzee evolutions! We'll probably get a lame anime preview and another gameplay video with no new release :(

More than likely =P It feels like after we get a big release from one episode, the next one is just disappointing (Like the fun one where it was all about the new movie, and the only tidbit of information we got for X/Y was that maybe Corphish would be in the regional Pokédex).

Maybe it's just me, but the Drakeon rumor just sounds lame. Then again, that might just be the name for me, but still, it sounds boring. I feel like we've been given more unique evolutions methods for Eevee as time has gone on, so why suddenly switch back to just using an item to evolve it? I mean, it's totally fair game, but it just feels like a step backwards in my opinion.

Years
More than likely =P It feels like after we get a big release from one episode, the next one is just disappointing (Like the fun one where it was all about the new movie, and the only tidbit of information we got for X/Y was that maybe Corphish would be in the regional Pokédex).

Maybe it's just me, but the Drakeon rumor just sounds lame. Then again, that might just be the name for me, but still, it sounds boring. I feel like we've been given more unique evolutions methods for Eevee as time has gone on, so why suddenly switch back to just using an item to evolve it? I mean, it's totally fair game, but it just feels like a step backwards in my opinion.

Yuck, I don't like Drakeon either. Though, Talonflame is not much better!
(If I had a dollar every time a leaker used this a defense for their crappy imaginations.)

I would prefer Scaleon (Scale), Chimereon (Chimera), Baskleon (Basilisk), Pytheon (Python, Greek mythology).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Here's a new rumor! Maybe one of the cities in the Kalos region will have a bank, so that you can safely keep a certain amount of money in one of them just like you would with Pokemon at the Day Care. Once the money is deposited you can have it back whenever you like, although it might come without an interest rate. :P

This idea might be abused however, for example if you deposit all your money and then lose a Pokemon battle then you will lose 0, which means that you don't actually lose any money at all, because it's all in the bank.

Back