• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your chosen career?

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    But who knows? =P Maybe if you can actually go to Japan and start a manga there, you may be very famous. =P Japanese love foreigniers. *_* That's why they dye their hair blond and wear scary contacts. *_*

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, I've seen stuff like that. It's funny seeing a little Japanese lady with blonde hair and blue contacts. XD But you may be right, if they do enjoy foreign stuff then starting a manga series there wouldn't be a bad idea! ^_^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • PC is like a big collection of artists who want to start their own manga... perhaps one day later I'll be seeing a whole series of manga started by the group of PC people ^_^

I still don't know what I should be yet... everything seems to be so hard in its own ways

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I want to be a video game designer. I would make the best games ever. :cool:
    If that dosen't work I would be someone who runs a computer company and be as rich as Bill Gates :D .

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Being a language teacher is nice...you're so wonderful, Dizzy. You know so many languages. *_* I know only Chinese and English... My mom says that the more you know, the more easier to get a job. n_n;

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I'm probably gonna be a computer designer, ya know work on comps a lot. I like them ^_^ And I'm an expert at it!

*gets killed by computers*

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I've heard that's very hard, and it does permanent damage to your hands. >"< (depends on which filed though... n_n; )But good luck! ;D

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Um Undertaker? Swearing is STRICTLY forbidden on PC, so I suggest you do something about it. (I may not be a mod, but I despise swearing on PC and off it, I just think it has no point and is wrong)
    Sorry for that awkward intro hehe...but I've also thought about what I want to be once I finish school. Of course, I'll go to college first but after that, well, I've planned a few things. At first I wanted to be a docter when I was small but than a few things cut me short.(needles, and blood hehe...*gulps and twitches*) I've also that about being a videogame maker! I'd love to make the next mario! (none of that icky stuff) However, the one thing that I'd really like to do at this point and time, the thing that I'm most interested in is cartooning. I'd like to do it for manga's and animes and stuff, but I'd really like to start my own series "Super Monkey". I know it sounds strange, but I like the ideas I have for it. Either that or I'd like to join Pixar and make movies there! *smiles*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:
    Being a language teacher is nice...you're so wonderful, Dizzy. You know so many languages. *_* I know only Chinese and English... My mom says that the more you know, the more easier to get a job. n_n;
    Not only that, but in many cases you'll also get paid more. o_o A study was done in Toronto (or Canada in general... I can't remember) and people who were bilingual, knowing both english and french, were paid up to 25% more than people who only knew one language. ^^;

Undertaker

Lord of Darkness
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    Not only that, but in many cases you'll also get paid more. o_o A study was done in Toronto (or Canada in general... I can't remember) and people who were bilingual, knowing both english and french, were paid up to 25% more than people who only knew one language. ^^;

yea true, but that applies to low paying jobs to begin with. like a Mac Donalds worker or something on that level.or even in the middle.but if u really get a good education and get on up there to be a doctor,or scientist or something, the two language thing wont really matter.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:

Aww thank you Miyu-Chan, Knowing two languages is Cool Too, I wish I knew Chinese. Yes Lightning people that know morelanguages get paid more, my mother is a translator/nurse for the hospital and she makes triple than what she made as a secretary speaking just english.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jan 19, 2004
    You know, I always loved "Mickey D's", especially their Big Macs, which always gave me the irresistible inspiration to say "Welcome to Mickey D's, may I take your order?" *Dazes to think about working for minimum wage to eat burgers, and become a fat arse.*

YEA RIGHT!

Heh, I'm going to think about a career that'll not make me stress so many hours in the day, and give me decent pay. 8-)

Tweak

good good...x) i'm majoring in foreign languages...of chinese, japanese, and korean. i don't kno ANY korean. i'm hopeing i don't get korean and my japanese mixed up. cause they are similar. plus, for chinese, i know two dialects of mandarin and taiwanese. and of course, ENGLISH is da most important, and i already kno that.

or i'm also intrested in writing stuff, maybe i'll become a novelist or script writer. :laugh:

if all else fails...work as a cashier for some local store.

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
  • Ah yes my path to sucess XD well i want to be a Pro Computer Animator and graphic design Artist XD maybe one day all work for Disney lol :)

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    I want to be a Language Teacher Now, Portuguese Spanish or French is my chosen languages... Yay!
    That's a good ambition to make full use of your skills! I wish I knew more languages though, if only my Chinese wasn't tied down :\
    I'm going to work harder on my Chinese next year so that I can make use of it in the future. You know, like in China kind of stuff?

Lady Machoke

Your Worst Nightmare!
    Years
  • This is a no-brainer for me. I am thinking about becoming an animator (classic, stop-motion, or computer). I really liked to see my drawings come to life, but right now I am saving up my money so I can go back to school and get trained (as long as my parents didn't get in the way, especially my packstabbing aunt. I hate her just because she disapproved of my career choice after I graduated from high school.)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Sakuyamon said:
    I wanna be a detective! and on my free time I wanna be a mangaka!
    =P You'd probably be a manga-ka and a detective in your spare time. Being a comic book artist in Japan is a lot different than it is here. They're expected to have at least 17 pages every WEEK. o_o American-style comic book artists only have to give about 30 pages a month. You're worked pretty hard there. =P

Back