• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 3: Objectively the Best?

Gym Leader Sabrina

Mistress of Psychic Pokemon!
Years
So, as an avid movie buff I recently decided to rewatch all of the pkmn films - mostly for a sense of nostalgia. While doing this i came to a startling conclusion: Pokemon 3 is the best as a film. It is one of the only things the pokemon anime has ever done that fully fleshes out character other than generic angsty backstory. Molly is a character you honestly feel sorry for, and if you were in her situation you would act the same way. It also gives a viable reason for ash to actually be involved. The thing that shocked me the most was how personal the film was. there was no grandeur like in the 1st or 2nd. everything was very self contained and was driven purely by emotion rather than some prophecy.

These are my two cents. Do you agree? Disagree? post here if so.

Years
So, as an avid movie buff I recently decided to rewatch all of the pkmn films - mostly for a sense of nostalgia. While doing this i came to a startling conclusion: Pokemon 3 is the best as a film. It is one of the only things the pokemon anime has ever done that fully fleshes out character other than generic angsty backstory. Molly is a character you honestly feel sorry for, and if you were in her situation you would act the same way. It also gives a viable reason for ash to actually be involved. The thing that shocked me the most was how personal the film was. there was no grandeur like in the 1st or 2nd. everything was very self contained and was driven purely by emotion rather than some prophecy.

These are my two cents. Do you agree? Disagree? post here if so.
There was a topic related movies section. You could have posted their about your likings for Movie 3. I presonally don't like that movie. Why because I felt bad about how that Girl could easily win against Ash and Co. That was very unfair as if Ash n Co. are no trainers at all

bulbasir

Just call me Mr. Sir...
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I'm an original pokemon series fan, so I tend to agree with you, (my favourite is either 2nd or 3rd movie so far, I havent seen them all). I definitely like the music in the 3rd :D The song close to the end when entei disappears is beautiful

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Spell of the Unown wasn't my favorite of the Pokemon movies, but it definitely is one of the best in terms of character drama, and that being the driving force for the story was neat. The closest comparison that I can think of since then is the Lucario movie, and Aaron's role in it, etc. Both of them seemed to have just a little bit more depth than the other movies - and move 3 more than 8.

It was interesting to see a Pokemon movie that had no villain, so it wasn't just a generic bad guy wanting to capture all the Pokemon, or actively wanting to destroy something.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
There's something about it I just didn't like, I thought it was slightly repetitive at times. Just me, but I wasn't a huge fan of it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Of all the Pokemon movies, it was my least favorite to date. Lots of Unown really made it kind of boring to me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yes I agree with most, out of all the pokemon movies, Pokemon Movie 3 was by far the worst to me. My favorite were the 1st,2nd and which ever one had May and Manaphy.

Back