• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness Mt.Battle

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2009
i just sat down, got my lv100 EV trained Kyogre out and Shadow Moltres droped every other pokemon in the PC didnt give moltres a exp,share or lucky egg and did the entire mt.battle from zone 1 to zone 100 in one sitting.

the goal of this endeavor was to see excatly how much a pokemon would gain going through the entire thing. there were some conditions to make this more accurate first and formost:

use of Shadow Moltres: this condition means that shadow moltres didnt gain exp the entire time so i could eliminate time consumeing and innacurate recording of each pokemon's indevidual EXP counts

not attaching an exp,share or lucky egg to shadow moltres: by useing a pokemon with an exp share that perticipates in battle with one other pokemon gets the 50% of the total exp it would normaly get then 50% of the other 50% of the remaining battle exp for a total gain of 75% exp wile the other pokemon would gain only 25% of the exp, this would cause me to have to do some maths and my maths arent 100% reliable, as for the lucky egg when a pokemon perticipates in battle with 1 other pokemon it gets only 50% exp, lucky egg then boosts that exp by 50% so you gain an additional 25% total exp giving the pokemon with the lucky egg 75% exp and the poikemon withotu a lucky egg 50% exp, (the other pokemon can hold a lucky egg but in this instance Kyogre was lv100 so it was unessesary from the start)

ensureing that neither pokemon fainted once: this is also important becasue it can miss out on exp wile fainted. or if kyogre fainted then moltres would gain 100% of the exp throwing off the total count.

only having 2 pokemon in my team: this is important becasue if either moltres or (heavens forbid) kyogre were to faint it wouldforce me to switch out a new pokemon whereas only having two i could potentialy prevent any other pokemon from getting exp after i revive the fainted one and continue, i did not have to make use of this one however

not purifying shadow moltres untill EVERY zone had been completed: this would cause the count to be thrown off about halfway through, i had to do it all in one run to make sure i didnt end up doing the same zone twice

and the total exp Moltres gained after completeing all 100 mt.battle zones is!

*epic drumroll*

208624 EXP

enough to level Moltres up to lv66 from 50 when i pruified it. so if you double that to 417248 EXP that would be the total exp bolth pokemon gained through mt.battle.

on a side note Moltres Heart Guage was emptied by Zone 67, if you try it may be differnt depending on how man times you d id and had to call it out of Reverse mode

a note to the mods: before deleteing this message consider this: the 'advance genderation' games are as follows:
Pokemon Ruby Version
Pokemon Sappire Version
Pokemon Emerald Version
Pokemon Fire Red Version
Pokemon Leaf Green Version
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
Pokemon Box Ruby & Sappire
(list excludes Side games such as pokemon pinball)

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Pokémon XD may have been released in the Advanced Generation, but we have a separate forum for the Pokémon console games.

-Moved-

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And if you combine that with a Lucky Egg, than one of the Pokemon gets double the experience. Combined with the fact that every time you beat Mt Battle on XD from start to finish (not changing your team once nor leaving at all in-between) you get one of the Johto starter Pokemon with an Elemental Hyper Beam and another 'rare' move, it's not bad incentive. XD

Back