• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shouldn't Ash have GirlFriend by Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    Well Ash would at least be 15 if it was Proper Aging so you would think by now he would have interest in the Opposite Sex.

Any how many Badges and Competion's he been in he should be a bit famous and Girls would want to be with him.

So why has the Anime not gone down this Path as I reckon it be a Great Story-Line

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The anime itself will never go down that path. The creators have stated that Ash will stay 10 for as long as the show airs and you might as well take their word for it. It's targeted towards younger audiences because, you know, that's who plays the games the most out of all the age groups and the anime supplements the games. Therefore, it only makes sense that Ash will be younger so that the majority of the viewers can relate to him more. The writers believe that every new generation, they lose viewers so they try to adapt and keep the same. It's how it's been.

They did make a few references to Ash's past accomplishments, like in the first episode of BW, you can see the trophies lined up on his wall and such. There's that Terracotta Ribbon Advanceshippers never forget about, and that would definitely be an accomplishment. However, he's still unknown to most people. He's not a Champion or a Gym Leader, so his reputation can't build as much. He travels around, sure, but most probably wouldn't find him so memorable. It's just a trainer with a Pikachu. He hasn't won a major tournament, though he did conquer the Orange Islands and beat Drake...

I think it would also be an awesome show if they did go down some different path, but it is a formulaic anime so it will stay that way for some time. They won't try anything too drastic because they want to keep a target audience and so far, they're satisfied.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    The anime itself will never go down that path. The creators have stated that Ash will stay 10 for as long as the show airs and you might as well take their word for it. It's targeted towards younger audiences because, you know, that's who plays the games the most out of all the age groups and the anime supplements the games. Therefore, it only makes sense that Ash will be younger so that the majority of the viewers can relate to him more. The writers believe that every new generation, they lose viewers so they try to adapt and keep the same. It's how it's been.

They did make a few references to Ash's past accomplishments, like in the first episode of BW, you can see the trophies lined up on his wall and such. There's that Terracotta Ribbon Advanceshippers never forget about, and that would definitely be an accomplishment. However, he's still unknown to most people. He's not a Champion or a Gym Leader, so his reputation can't build as much. He travels around, sure, but most probably wouldn't find him so memorable. It's just a trainer with a Pikachu. He hasn't won a major tournament, though he did conquer the Orange Islands and beat Drake...

I think it would also be an awesome show if they did go down some different path, but it is a formulaic anime so it will stay that way for some time. They won't try anything too drastic because they want to keep a target audience and so far, they're satisfied.

Well I think that is a Big Mitsake by the Creators as people who started to watch it from the Start will get sick of the Same Thing and Just hardly watch it except for now and again and Downloading Torrents of it

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Well I think that is a Big Mitsake by the Creators as people who started to watch it from the Start will get sick of the Same Thing and Just hardly watch it except for now and again and Downloading Torrents of it

People don't stop watching it because it stays the same rather because they get older and it becomes less interesting in their eyes. However they enjoy the old episodes because it has a certain nostalgic value to it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012
    People don't stop watching it because it stays the same rather because they get older and it becomes less interesting in their eyes. However they enjoy the old episodes because it has a certain nostalgic value to it.

You put it better.

Though I wish they did something like I said in a Move or maybe a Short Series

Guest123_x1

Let's be realistic; as long as they keep Ash at 10 years old, it's unlikely he will ever have a real girlfriend. Also, these rumors about him kissing any of his female traveling companions are all bunk. None of the "screenshots" of him kissing such girls that are circulating are real-they are all made up. The only girls that ever kissed Ash (that I know of) were in the movies: Melody (Pokémon: The Movie 2000) and the human form of Latias (Pokémon Heroes).

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    Ahh but still of all his female companions. I like Misty the best and wish she'd show back up. I watched up until the Jhoto and played the game and watched some on the ones after that. Right now Im watching black and white; it's bringing back good memories to me.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Well Ash would at least be 15 if it was Proper Aging so you would think by now he would have interest in the Opposite Sex.

Any how many Badges and Competion's he been in he should be a bit famous and Girls would want to be with him.

So why has the Anime not gone down this Path as I reckon it be a Great Story-Line
    Like Psyanic said, the Pokémon anime is formulaic; as much as anyone would love for him to fall in love with Misty, May, Dawn, or any other girl or boy, it's not going to happen if he's 10, probably because certain cultures that make a lot of their revenue have slanted views and opinions of certain things normal people find trivial.

Well I think that is a Big Mitsake by the Creators as people who started to watch it from the Start will get sick of the Same Thing and Just hardly watch it except for now and again and Downloading Torrents of it
    Read what Wings Don't Cry posted – I don't think I could've done it better.

Also… You might want to cease talking about illegal downloads… It's against the rules :P

Let's be realistic; as long as they keep Ash at 10 years old, it's unlikely he will ever have a real girlfriend. Also, these rumors about him kissing any of his female traveling companions are all bunk. None of the "screenshots" of him kissing such girls that are circulating are real-they are all made up. The only girls that ever kissed Ash (that I know of) were in the movies: Melody (Pokémon: The Movie 2000) and the human form of Latias (Pokémon Heroes).
    You seem quick to judge; those episodes were most likely rumors started by a group of people tied up by a madman to spread when they get out :P. The episodes, one supposedly being for each Misty and May, possibly more, are logically deemed fallacious, but they give people a nice fuzzy feeling to think of and believe in—kind of like what the entire idea of 'shipping is based around.

Ahh but still of all his female companions. I like Misty the best and wish she'd show back up. I watched up until the Jhoto and played the game and watched some on the ones after that. Right now Im watching black and white; it's bringing back good memories to me.
    Sort of off topic, friend. ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2012

Well I think Melody was the Closest thing they have had to Ask having Pokemon because at the End you really felt the Melody had Fallen for Ash

Years
  • Ash is far too immature to keep a real, romantic relationship with a girl. I don't think he could manage it. His ambition would get in the way. I know some people could go for their dream and hold a healthy relationship, but I don't see Ash doing it. But I CAN see a bawling Ash running back to Pikachu when girlfriend Misty hurts his feelings.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    forget "keep a romantic relationship with a girl". The cottonee episode pretty much shows that he is too immature to even start a relationship, or think of girls as anything more than friends.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2014
    these rumors about him kissing any of his female traveling companions are all bunk. None of the "screenshots" of him kissing such girls that are circulating are real-they are all made up. The only girls that ever kissed Ash (that I know of) were in the movies: Melody (Pokémon: The Movie 2000) and the human form of Latias (Pokémon Heroes).

LOL, I totally agree somehow there was a rumor that Ash kissed Misty and then advanceshippers took that and said Ash kissed May when that obviously didn't happen either.

Years
  • Well ash did hang out and get close to girls with small skirts and tight pants, so i see where you got the idea from. But no, he will never. Its a kids show (but lots of adults play it lol)
    Wasn't there an episode where ash kissed misty? A kiss by the misletoe or something?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    You're probably thinking of "Under The Mistletoe", which was a song done by 4Kids for the English Pokemon Christmas Bash CD. The song was never used in the show, however.

Years
  • If Ash were to have a girlfriend out of the 4 girls he traveled with (Misty, May, Dawn, Iris) I think Dawn would be the ideal girlfriend.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't think many ten year old boys have girlfriends, either way - the writers obviously don't want to give him one because of that. If he were to age, then yes - maybe they could go down that route, though it wouldn't be necessary anyway.

Though, that answer sounds a little blunt, I suppose there's more to it than that. We did see Latias give Ash a kiss in the fifth movie, whether or not it was to affection or idk, but I wouldn't block the idea out. Brock has shown affection towards countless woman, but yes he is older - then take a look at how Bel reacted to Stephan's Sawk- I should stop rambling now.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    He's only 10. No 10 year old should have girlfriends. Asian perspective

Years
  • I can put this to rest easily.

The story writers for pokemon have kept switching the girls in his group at a rapid pace, but he only one who had seriously kissed him was Misty. Japan aired the episode during the 1st series, the kanto region. When 4Kids, the origional dub company who handled the episodes translation located the episode and looked it over, it was dubbed too mature for kids, scrapped and tossed into the garbage heap with several other banned episodes never released for America to view. It isn't until sometime between Kanto and Jhoto that 4kids began losing the rights and pokemon would later be dubbed by another company, pushing the romance between the 2 with some strong hints.

After that, just plain #$@! happens and things shift both in and out with the girls and pokemon. AND WHERE THE @#$# IS GARY OAK?!

Also on an unrelated note: WHY is Brock still traveling with ASH!? WHY NOT JUST QUIT FINDING A GIRL IN THE WORLD, GO HOME AND RESUME HIS ROLE AS GYM LEADER?! HE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF FINDING A FEMALE TRAINER THERE THEN WHAT HE DOES NOW!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back