• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cannot get animations to change at all

Icalasari

The Icy Basilisk
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    So I tried both the RPG XP animation editor and the essentials editor. Every time I try, nothing changes when I play the game and I'm stuck with that stupid debuff animation for shinies. All my searching has turned up nothing. Even the thread made by someone less than a week ago hasn't fixed it (For example, I don't see an import all animations option anywhere)

So how the hell do I change/add animations?

EDIT: Figured out the in editor version (turns out I had been missing the save part after all. Feel stupid now, having to find save by accident...). But still curious about how to get animations made in RPG Maker XP put in

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    An animation made in RMXP's database animations tab (F9) will be copied over to the format Essentials uses only if the animation of the same number in the Essentials format is blank.

You've tried editing the shininess animation, which already exists in the Essentials format, so your changes won't be copied across. If you must, you should delete the shininess animation from the Essentials Animation Editor and recompile the game.

I don't think there's any reason to not use the Essentials Animation Editor exclusively, though, and several reasons why you should. Just ignore what's in the database.

Icalasari

The Icy Basilisk
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    An animation made in RMXP's database animations tab (F9) will be copied over to the format Essentials uses only if the animation of the same number in the Essentials format is blank.

You've tried editing the shininess animation, which already exists in the Essentials format, so your changes won't be copied across. If you must, you should delete the shininess animation from the Essentials Animation Editor and recompile the game.

I don't think there's any reason to not use the Essentials Animation Editor exclusively, though, and several reasons why you should. Just ignore what's in the database.

It's only for a limited few animations I want to use the RPM XP Animator. Basically, if I want a flashing screen or flashing target in the animation

EDIT: ...Huh. Was unaware that the animations could not use those features. I find that... Odd. But alright then. Going to make some attack animations harder to do...

Last edited:
    Back