• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need some help!

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
Years
  • I have a question that needs to be answered as quickly as possible. I have 13 spiders that I need to take care of. How in the world should I build a cage out of a shoebox for a spider? So try to answer quickly cause I am not getting anything on the internet about this. Thank you for all your help! By the way the wolf spider I caught two days ago ran away.D= It doesn't matter anymore cause I got another one plus 12 other spiders! Yay!!! =D

Years
  • A shoebox? I'd go with something clear. They'll just climb on the lid and get out when you open it. Go find a clear container, get some kind of netting with small holes, and either a rubber band or some string to tie it around the opening of the container. If you can't find any netting, use a paper towel.

Are these like- tiny spiders that live in people's houses, or something big, like tarantulas?

Or set them free. Spiders enjoy being free.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Oh man, nothing really freaks me out, but I hate seeing spiders...those Eyes...They just stare at me 0_o

One Idea would be to let em go? That seems great to me.

Anyway the best Idea would be to get creative...What I'd do is get a box (not a shoe box) that's a decent size to incase all 12 of those things. After I found a decent sized box I'd cut a square hole in the front and put some sort of plastic screen there...I don't know if you have something like that but I'd recommend running to the store or something to pick out something that wont have the spiders leaking out every chance they get 0_o. use some sort of super glue to paste the screen on front. This screen would be for monitoring the spiders activity...make sure none of em are dieing or something like that....next Collect some things from outside that fits a spiders living conditions and put them into the box...Probably dirt, grass, branches...whatever you think would fit properly. Then you toss them in there and meld the top of the box together with a weilding Iron...Yeah don't do the last part. Make sure to feed em as well. Look up what each one eats and I'm pretty sure they need light as well...everything does.

Good luck *Shivers*

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
    Years
  • I am not really sure what each spider eats except for the wolf spider I have. BTW I have 13 spiders, not 12. I am not certain about the species either.

Years
  • I don't think you want something small.. you need something like a very large outdoor cage/enclosure?? umm maybe for one, you could put it in a fish tank sort of thing, but i'm guessing 13 fishtanks isn't what you want.. spiders are an unusual pet.. gold fish are the best.. haven't fed mine in ages! lol the only other thing is.. yea, let them go

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
    Years
  • I love spiders. They are actually pretty cool once you watch them do their thing and all. Trapdoor spiders are my all time favorite besides wolf spiders. You need to give things a chance.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Aww, spiders! ♥

Agreeing with the "set them free!" sentiment. At the very least, only keep one or two. :( If you stress them out by keeping them all in the same container and don't feed them (or allow them access to food) properly, they'll probably just fight and eat each other. Maybe. Regardless, a shoebox isn't a good idea. I'd find a jar or a similar clear container that you can poke holes in and use that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Fish tanks are the best. But I must insist that you stop kidnapping the creatures, not at least until you have a decent container and an intricate knowledge of their habitatual and dietry needs.

Here's a better question: why would you even want to have thirteen spiders?
    Most people aren't triskaidekaphobic.

Back