• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Orange
(Atop the Volcano)
"Jay? Jay, you there man? Helloooo? Yes! He's waking up!" I say excidedly. His Starly finally made it back with the medicine, and Jay's alright. This is great news! "Jay! You're back!" I say as I hug him. "Are you okay What caused you to go into shock? It doesn't matter! You're okay!" That's so great. He's okay. I hope the hug wasn't too awkward for him, but I'm so excited he's back!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
It was times like this that Mark wished he had a flying Pokemon capable of going such distances like Dragonite. He couldn't imagine Kara being able to carry Mark around. He didn't exactly fly but more so glided using the wind. It was enough for her to avoid ground attacks like any flying Pokemon but either way... Mark held on tight to Dragonite, wind blowing straight into his face as they traveled through the sky. He had a bit of trouble seeing as his eyes were mostly closed while traveling. The wind made it difficult to see. He did notice Dragonite slow down though. She even started landing. With not as much wind blowing in his face now, he noticed someone was tailing them. His Pokemon... well... he could only compare it to an Aerodactyl if it went through a serious paint job... they didn't look all that similar at all though so it was a pretty crappy comparison. Mark decided to keep his thoughts to himself before he thought of any other stupid stuff like that.

When they landed, Valorie called the man her dad. Well... looks like the whole family was here. Mark of course accepted the drink and proceeded to introduce himself. He wondered if his Dad would know who he was similar to Valorie's mother.

"Thanks! I'm Mark! Nice to meet you erm... Mr. Ryder. Yeah, I'm a friend of Val here! " Mark said, mostly assuming that was what he went by. He accepted one of the smoothies, a red one at that, probably cherry.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Heading To Oak Town

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Just like that, Valorie's Dragonite was airborne. This dragon seemed to fly smoothly, even while carrying this many people. Kilik was pretty impressed with Valorie's skills. He began to think for a moment. Perhaps Valorie would be willing to teach me one of her methods of training.

While they were still airborne, the wind hit hard on everyone's face. Kilik held on tight to Tentou so he wouldn't fall. He still had thoughts about dragons right now. Ganta was now in his mind. His training will have to start soon, that way he can fly however he wants. It won't stop there, however. This was complicated planning, until it was interrupted by a careless flyer. It wasn't Valorie's doing, mind you. Some white coat on his Archeops almost crashed into Dragonite. What was this guy's problem? They weren't even at Oak Town, as far as Kilik knew. Even Tentou was irritated. Dragonite was taking a land, & everyone was off & on the ground.

Kilik listened to this guy's words, Valorie's as well. Here's a surprise: he was her father. He had some smoothies with him, asking Valorie if the people here, Kilik included, were her friends. Kilik decided to take a smoothie kindly & gave it to Tentou. He licked the smoothie & enjoyed, eating it up joyishly. Kilik, meanwhile, looked at Valorie. It was a little difficult to see how she felt. Stunned maybe? Shocked, that could be it. That is Kilik's best guess. He looked back at her dad. Why was everyone's family here except his... Shaking it off again!

"I'm Kilik," Kilik greeted. "This is Tentou." Tentou barked happily at Valorie's dad & continued eating the smoothie he was given by Kilik. So, what now? Should they just drink smoothies & battle? Yes, battle!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Lucas McGuire - Academy Grounds

'Okay, I've got it! Aipom, close your eyes.' Lucas commanded his purple companion. Aipom closed it's eyes, as Lucas turned the subjects list facing it. 'Okay Aipom with one of your tail fingers, point at the one that we should attend!' Aipom nodded as it's tail stretched over to the page and poked something. Lucas turned the page back to see what it was, seeing as Aipom's finger was big enough two cover two options, Lucas decided going with both. 'Pokemon Mythology with Steven Yew? And Trainer Fitness and Basic Knowledge with Lt. Surge? Aww man, I would've liked to have been in Roark's class...Well let's go sign up guys!' Lucas said as his Aipom and Heracross walked by his side on the way to the registration offices.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ciel

The boy shook his head. "N-No, it's okay. I just... um... we'll be all right...." Brie glowered again, growling at the world in general. He looked around rather oddly, as if expecting someone to come out from the trees at any given moment. Something did as a matter of fact. It was a monkey. It was a purple monkey that was diving towards Brian's head.

Ciel, to his credit, reacted and threw a Pokeball. "Momo," he called desperately. "Zen Headbutt!" The Skitty let out a happy mewl as she left the Pokeball, actually stopping to jump off of Bri's head and smash into the monkey's face. The boy turned pink. "S-Sorry about that... I just caught her... she's a little silly."

???

The young man smiled, enthused. "Did we hit his pride Doom? Sorry~ Go on now, it's your turn." Doom barked his agreement and took a deep breath, letting out a chilling howl of a Roar. Of course if the Arcanine didn't hesitate and continued attacking, he'd definitely be hit. Not that it would hurt much mind you. That would be silly. It would make a bit of an injury of course, there was no denying that.

The trainer merely laughed, the sound almost like a giggle as he picked up a nearby kit. "Look at this! Someday you will be this strong," he told it. "If your mother is anything to go by, you won't have a choice. So do them proud."

Ash

Ash didn't react to the old name. Habitually she had almost lashed out as was custom. Only one person was allowed to call her Asha. But she wouldn't just let him see that little tick of hers, not now at any rate. She patted Kilita on the head, enjoying the creature's friendliness. Nothing wrong with a little happiness in this day and age. Judging by Drake's unfriendly attitude, he needed all the chipper he could get.

"Aw, I'm just playin hide and go seek," she replied. "That guy's hiding... and I'm searching. Prat's good." She was grinning though, excited. When she found the bugger, he would get a fight he wouldn't forget. A mewl interrupted her musings and she reached behind her to pet the dark fur of a familiar lion. "Hullo Sparx, it's been a while. Ya recognize this airhead?" Sparx mewed agreement, though the sound actually came out more like a threatening growl. Same difference with her.

Ash only laughed. "Looks like she knows a scent when she does. So where is that idiot?" Sparx mewed again, causing her to laugh. "Fine, don't tell me."

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn walks back into the room to see Zapper on the windowsill. "Did you find the missing pokemon?" he asked her, knowing it was a dumb question. After all, if she didn't find them, she wouldn't be here. Zapper nodded, smiling, then looked over, as if saying Yuki and Kiki were coming back. He needed to let them know what the nurse said, though.

Shawn looked to Andy, resting in his bed. "The nurse said," Shawn started, "that there isn't anyting wrong with you physically. You're healthy for your age. She was stumped as to the reason why you had your headache or why it did so much to you. Its possible that it may be a mental disorder or something similar." He felt uncomfortable with that last sentence, feeling that a mental disorder seemed insulting...Andy was pretty normal. "I'm sorry if you feel insulted with what I said...I would be, a little. Anyways, the girls are on their way back and I'll tell them what the nurse said, too. You stay in bed until you feel you can stand and walk without help, ok?" And with that, Shawn signaled to Zapper and walked out the door to outside the dorm, while she glided to her trainer and landed on his shoulder, panting a little.

Shawn knew she felt tired, so he recalled Zapper to her pokeball, thinking about what happened with Andy. He stood there, seeing Kiki and Yuki in the distance.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
Alex looked around the room slowly, letting out a soft, barely noticeable sigh as he sat on Rayha's back... Something felt wrong, like a sort of feeling one would get when they were sick. Be he didn't feel sick at all.
"Hey, Andy? Want one of these?" Alex said slowly, offering the bag of Oran chips he was given from Kiki.
"There Oran chips... I think they will help healing or something." He said, half in the real world and half in daydream land.

Rayha slowly nodded his head in agreement, as if saying to Andy that it was okay to eat them, after a brief stretch he lay down with Alex still sitting on his back, surely Shawn wouldn't mind if he took a nap.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

Kiki shrugged as neither flying type responded to her call. Oh well. At least she had Cynder! She smiled at Yuki briefly, then before the girl could react Kiki had bolted after Zapper, nearly loosing the cyndaquil on her head as she dashed to Shawn's side.

"Is Andy ok? Did he wake up?" she asked, regaining her usual hyper active manner, spotting Birsdy circling over his head, chirping happily. She held her burnt arm up and snapped her fingers, giggling as Birdy landed on her.

Brian

Brian laughed at the skitty and took a step back, pulling out Bouncy's ball and returning her before she could try and join the fun. A skitty! It was so cute! He smiled at the pair of pokemon.

"You just caught her? Cool! She seems really friendly." he said kindly, not really fazed by any pokemon. He reached down and put his hand on Leena's pokeball, just in case Momo needed a hand. Wait... Maybe Leena wouldn't be the best choice... Knowing her she'd try and scare him and Ciel... And Bri did not want a repeat of the boat incident.

Nova

Nova's ears flattened and he stumbled a bit and slammed into Doom, tripping over his paws. He shook his head. Siuddenly, for a brief moment, he had been a puppy again, scared of some pathetic roar. Bother. But in his hesitation, Vulpix barked at Doom and dashed forward.

"Vulpix, back!" he snarled, getting back to his feet, regaining his composure.

Drake

Drake was not aware of her little peeve, and he merely called her Asha out of habit. He shrugged and stretched out, kind of bored. He didn't really want to get into an arguement right now, maybe he had better relax a bit.

"Looking for someone huh? Hm... Need a hand? I've got nothing better to do right now." he said quietly as Killita glared at Sparx. Silly dragon, of course that lion would not be fond of him.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
James "Jay" Rybak
As I rubbed my hazy eyes, I felt the warmth of a hug around me out of the blue, and the fluttering of feathered wings.

"Jay! You're back! Are you okay? What caused you to go into shock? It doesn't matter! You're okay!"

As my vision cleared, I saw Orange hugging me. I blushed in embarrassment. I shuddered a bit. I felt uncomfortable about someone who I'm not very close to, hugging me. I gently remove Orange's arms that were hugging me from their grip.

"I apologize if I had a mental breakdown. The mental disorder I have is depression. Which is having the emotion of depressed thoughts for a very long period of time such as for months or/and even years. Without my anti-depressant medicine, my depression could easily be triggered. On the positive side, I only need to take my medicine for one more year until I recover from depression which is what my physiatrist notified me. As for how I had gotten my depression…my closest, best friends h-had…t-they…d-death…I rather not talk about this", I caught myself before I get a trauma from my memories," You probably won't understand this since you've never been through the horrors I've been through."

I felt worried again. What if Orange judges me about my mental disorder since he most likely does not understand people with mental disorders? I knew that most people with mental disorders are not crazy, idiotic, or easily angered like the stereotypes of people with mental disorders. I took two deep breaths again.

I tried to explain to Orange, "Please don't judge me for having a mental illness. Not all people with mental disorders are crazed or dim-witted. There are many different kinds of mental disorders from OCD to autism to psychosis. Everyone has less or more of a mental disorder; not that I am trying say everyone is crazy. I believe it is a part of human nature as everyone is unique. For example, a person who cares about things being in a certain order may have a bit of OCD. A person who is gloomy may have a bit of depression. It is when things go out of control for a person's mental health is when they need assistance returning to their normal state."

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Orange
(Just so happy right now)
"Dude! Why in the world would you think that I would judge you on some mental illness, it doesn't matter! And... Err.. Sorry for hugging you... I get really emotional, like if someone I know dies, I go insane. I'll probably not talk for a while. And don't talk about stuff that makes you sad, that's the kind of thing you want to avoid if you want to recover." I say. Man he sounded so smart just now, and he didn't seem too reluctant to talk to me. I thing we're gonna make great friends. "And by the way, I don't read medical books for no reason, I know that you aren't stupid. I don't stereotype people."

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Catches had ran all the way back to the dorm and was now standing impatiently to hear about Andy.

Andy yawned loudly, stretching himself out on the bed. Andy motioned to Alex in response to the question, smiling. "Yeah, I'd love one, Alex." Andy then blinked at Shawn's information, tilting his head. "Mental disorder, huh...?" He wondered aloud, rather nonchalantly for one in his situation. "That sounds like it could be troublesome, huh?" Andy wanted to ask something, but he decided to wait until everyone was back before doing so. "Telling the girls would probably be best. I don't want people worrying about me." Andy laughed upon saying this, a wide smile upon his face. He felt a little silly and selfish for assuming anyone was worrying about /him/. After all, something had happened to the others too, right?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Road to Oak Town
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie's father just sort of gave Kilik and his pokemon a thoughtful look, momentarily taken back as Kilik gave a smoothie to his pokemon. He decidedly did not comment however, rather he turned to address the situation. Valorie smirked in a subtly nervous manner, eyeing her drink briefly before speaking. "I wasn't expecting you..." she said, honestly unaware of Kiyoko's distrust of her father. Who else do you know who wears a trench-coat and fedora, Kiyoko? CONSPIRACY THEORY "I didn't think you were coming..." Valorie said, uncharacteristically meek. "We were just on our way to get smoothies ourselves." she finished thoughtfully. As if reading her mind, her father seemed to realize what she was thinking and responded accordingly. "You didn't think I read the messages ou left me?~" he asked in an ammused tone. "Almost every day, after or between training, you'd go to a certain shop to 'chill'." he continued in a tone that suggested he was paraphrasing something Valorie herself had said.

Valorie silently grit her teeth. It was hard for her to restrain her emotions sometimes. Luckily, this was one of the easier times to do so. There were a lot of things she wanted to say to her father and a lot of things she wanted to do but--Oak's words echoed There was a time and place for everything, but not now.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything important--You should take a break from your training today though. They don't call it Thanksgiving for nothing." Valorie's father stated in a matter-o-fact tone. "You should use today to think about what you're thankful for, and give /thanks/ for it." he finished, balling a fist in a decisive manner. He seemed to feel somewhat passionately about this holiday, for one reason or another. Valorie meanwhile glanced at Mark silently. She didn't know what to say, and her hand drifted up to pat Kiyoko briefly. Her father did not stay quiet for long.

"Mark, and..." he said, drifting off mid-sentence very briefly before suddenly starting up again. "Kilik! Gotcha. It's funny, I was expecting a bit bigger of a fanbase following /you/ around~" he said, eliciting a light blush from Valorie. Flattery! He didn't stop there though. Rather, he turned his attention to Mark. "I /do/ know you, though." he said to Mark as if calling out someone infamous. He had a smile on his face. "From what I hear you're a pretty cool /cat/." he said in a tone with ever so subtle mock suspicion. "Just make sure you treat my daughter nice." he stated , that same inappropriate smile on his face. Better watch out Mark. He's clearly a bad dude. You can tell by the trench coat. Needless to say, he wasn't exactly being serious---completel serious anyway. This actually caused Valorie to cross her arms in a slightly indignant manner. Why? Because she didn't need to be taken care of by /nobody/! She feeds problems to her charizard! Disregarding the irony in that mindset, Valorie was totally slightly embarassed by the remark. "But, ahh... enough sappy stuff. I want to see how much you and your pokemon have grown since you started your journey." he finished, his tone revealing that he was perhaps a bit more tired and worn than he had originally led them to believe.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard
Pokemon Center​

Lucia sighed as she finally was able to force Roberto back into his pokeball and get him healed by the nurse, though once it was done he managed to get the ball open yet again. Thanks to the message to her brother earlier he soon arrived at the center. "So then? Ready for a Thanksgiving dinner?" He asked with a weak smile. Lucia nodded, "Yeah, I am getting rather hungry. Though, it won't be like back at home huh?" She chuckled. Eric nodded in agreement, "Yeah, but hey, mom and dad will make sure that Christmas will be special for you! I'm sure of that. Anyway, we can head into town and get a bite to eat. I saw some restaurants down there, have you been there yet?" Lucia shook her head in response, "Unfortunately I've been too busy getting acquainted with the academy grounds." Her brother smiled, "Well, let's head down there then. I'm sure there will at least be one place where that will serve some good turkey huh?"

Eric took out a pokeball and let out a Alakazam. "Jorge can get us there quick. Jorge, remember that restaurant I pointed out earlier? Let's head over there." He said with a smile. The Alakazam took a moment to picture the location in his head and nodded. Lucia in the meantime recalled Samuel to his pokeball and got close to the Alakazam and grabbed onto his arm. Roberto, Abdacus, and Eric also held onto the Alakazam as the psychic types' eyes glowed a bright blue and the four disappeared.

Oak Town​

The four reappeared on a side walk and Eric looked around. "Great job Jorge. Return." He recalled his Alakazam. Lucia turned to Eric as he pointed at a small restaurant, "This is the place. At least it's not cafeteria food right?" He chuckled as he entered the establishment with Lucia and the two Scizors following.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark still didn't know too much about Valorie's father but still, he seemed to be a pretty cool guy either way. Hopefully he wasn't a total gambling addict like his own dad. Heck, free smoothies! What could beat that? Valorie didn't seem to expect him to come at all. Mark's first impression of her dad was that he was a businessman of sorts, he pictured him in a big office chair or something like that. Of course he's been wrong before.

Mark glanced at Valorie as well at the mention of Thanksgiving. A simple thanks really wasn't enough for Mark at this point... He just scratched his head a bit as her father continued on.

He snapped to attention when he pointed Mark out though. He apparently knew Mark! As far as Mark knew, he never met Valorie's father before... unless his parents had connections... or... Valorie told him... It was like he had a little fan club. From what he heard, Mark was a "pretty cool cat". Mark didn't think people still talked like that. He sure hoped that wasn't what Valorie was calling him... well... at the same time he hoped Valorie was calling him that. It was charming at the least... he mentioned to Mark to take care of her. Well then... that could be taken in a couple different ways.

"U-um, yeah! Of course..!" Mark said, with a hint of nervousness. He went silent a moment after that. How did they know Mark? He assumed Val was spreading the word of course but still, he wanted to know just what kind of praise she was giving. He was extremely flattered. Suddenly Val's dad wanted to see how much Valorie's Pokemon had grown... And there was a very easy way to do just that!

"You know Val, I gotta agree with your dad here. I'm pretty curious too. When was the last time you and I battled? I think we've all changed a bit since that day." Mark said to Val. The last time they had battled was in the beach, and that was back when Dragonite was still a Dratini!

"What do you say Val? How about we finally have our long overdue rematch? You can set the conditions." Mark said, already gearing and ready to show off a bit. He expected Valorie's Pokemon to be a great deal stronger then his, but either way, he wanted to show off his progress, especially to Valorie. He wanted to at least impress her a bit, along with her parents. He needed to at least show for whatever praise he was receiving.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
KIYOKO
570.png

Health:
Full

None

Held Item(s):
None

Chapter One:
'Fateful' Encounters

Part One

Kiyoko, being relatively sneaky (or just relatively small and unnoticeable) slipped himself down behind Valorie, landing on the ground with the disguise of a small boy. It may not have not been noticed before, but Kiyoko's disguise bares striking resemblance to Valorie's ensemble. His entire body is concealed by a soft dark gray trench coat, with sleeves that are seemingly too long, revealing only his fingers. Wrapped around his neck is a bright blue scarf. Are these clothes a coincidence? Absolutely. Maybe no one had noticed it until now? Regardless, the boy hugged himself against the back of Valorie's leg, peeking out from behind her and examining the colorful drinks, only to remember that they're attached to the big guy he's hiding from and retreat behind said leg.

Fixed Float!

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
(OOC: sorry if it takes me awhile to post, I'm not in the best state of health right now)

Genevieve Molyneux
Pokemon Center

Genevieve sniffled slightly as Maxwell hugged her back and told her she had nothing to worry about, to calm down, and that they were just going to help the boy find his missing clothes. Taking a deep breath she nodded and pulled back from the hug. She felt a little calmer, and she knew she had to stop crying, she'd cried enough for a lifetime in just one day. As she glanced up at her boyfriend she remembered that today is Thanksgiving. I'm really thankful that I have him she thought managing a small smile before turning her attention back to the boy.

"Again, I'm really sorry about what Sapphire did it wasn't your fault. She just is really protective of me, I have no idea how I can make it up to you, so I suppose the best way to start is to help you find your missing clothes"

Sage Smith
Classroom

Sage shrugged and nodded "alright that's fine, just thought it'd be nice to offer" he said kindly as he looked around the room now that Tyler had unpacked everything. "Thanks for the offer but I have to be going, want to explore the island a bit, but if you ever want more poffins or just want to visit my classroom is right next to the cafeteria" he smiled and with a friendly wave turned and left the room.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Between PTA & Oak Town

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Valorie's father was a little weird. Was he trying to make a joke? Because Kilik is still trying to find his sense of humor. Maybe another time. Right now, Valorie was speaking to his father, & the whole fanbase thing didn't cut it for Kilik. He didn't really hang with Valorie that long, but he doesn't mind getting to know her at least.

At the moment, Kilik looked around while Valorie spoke to her father. He heard things about Thanksgiving, & his throat choked. He swallowed hard, trying not to think about it very much. That's the last time he stays silent. Tentou finished his smoothie & looked at the business-looking guy. He hoped he could have more.

Has a Pokemon ever came out of it's Pokeball on its own? Maybe, maybe not. One thing's for sure, Kilik had to put a lock on one. Say, Mistress's Pokeball. That's right, she came out for fun. She transformed to that resembling Valorie. "Let's battle! I'm Valorie, & I love smoothies, Pokemon & Mark. I also didn't expect my daddy to be here! Not to mention-"

Kilik tackled Mistress down & she just laughed. "Enough with the tricks!" Mistress easily agreed & went back to her Pokeball. Kilik got up & shook his head, looking down with his right hand on his face. "What am I gonna do with her..." he mumbled. He'd definitely hate to see Mark & Valorie's reaction to that little show, yet he couldn't resist to know anyway.

Kilik took a notice at Kiyoko, who took a slight resemblence of Valorie's clothes when he became the little boy. He was pretty cute, but Kilik wouldn't admit that, ever. Hopefully Kiyoko could come to trust Kilik, sooner or later. Anyway, it seemed there was a strange smell around. That smell was a battle coming. Were Valorie & Mark gonna battle? Looks like Kilik was gonna get a front row seat on their skills!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
BAG
Spoiler:
TYLER SMITH

Pokémon:
155.png

Healthy

Held Item(s):
xtransceiver.png

Chapter One:
Welcoming PTA's New Groomer, Ty!

Part One

Just about as quickly as the guy showed up, he left... Huh. Well, most of my games were single player anyways, sooo... Tyler looked around his newly arranged room, taking a moment to glance at his journal, and deciding to return it to his bag. "Hey, Hono, think we should make that video call to Goldenrod?" The Cyndaquil made a shy noise that seemed to be in agreement. "Alright, let's turn this back on..." Ty placed his thumb over the center of the Pokéball design, and the screen lit up. Another Pokéball appeared on screen in a burst of light, then flipped over to reveal the number seven. After the booting animation, The row of apps on top of the screen slid into place from right to left, and the rest of the screen remained black, awaiting a command.

Ty pressed the tile with an icon resembling a phone, then scanned through his contact list (all one of them) and pushed down on the picture of a familiar face. A couple icons popped up around the picture, and Ty pressed the one with a video camera symbol. After about four rings video feed began to display a male with hair and a tiny spot on one of his cheeks. He almost immediately responded to the call with excitement. "Hey, there you are!" Ty chuckled lightly in response.

"Yeah, we're unpacked and settling in." Ty glanced around the room before continuing. "Is you brother there?"

There was a brief pause, and his look was that of disdain. "... Nah... We had a falling out... We fought so much that we've been working separately, alternating days."

"What were you fighting about?"

"Hm, maybe you can prove which of us is right. Hold on, I'll get him on."

Ty opened his mouth to object, though decided against it. Sure enough, after a few seconds the screen divided in two and the other brother appeared, looking identical, though older, with his mark on the opposite cheek.

The older brother spoke first. "Oh, hey... How's Hono doing? He looks to be pretty healthy."

The younger brother interjected. "Hey, that's not why I put you in this call. We're getting this problem solved, with an outer opinion. Ty, don't you think people might appreciate a cheaper haircut, even if it isn't as great?"

The older brother spoke right after, as if challenging the other. "No, people don't care about price, they care about quality! Am I right?"

Ty was absolutely dumbfounded. He looked between them and slowly exhaled. "Okay, guys, look... It's not about the money /or/ the quality; it's about both! People can have their own opinions. You know what I think? I think grooming is about making the Pokémon happy. That's why I do it, aside from the fact that I need money to survive. So, you both are right."

The two brothers fell silent.

"Look, I've got to go, you two can settle your differences now, okay?" Ty pressed the bottom part of the Pokéball and ended the call. Getting up, he took notice of a growling noise. Was it an angry Pokémon? Nope. Someone operating machinery outside? Nu-uh. It took several moments for him to realize... It was his own stomach. "Don't fill up on Poffins, Hono. We need to eat lunch." The Cyndaquil held out the half-eaten poffin and Ty placed it into the basket as he left the room, closing and locking the door. From here, he headed toward the Cafeteria.

Fixed Float!

Last edited:
Years
Kayla giggled and pulled Holly along with her. "Next step: find you some friends!" Holly blinked. "What do you mean?" Jasmine ran after the girls and sighed. "What did I do to get a trainer like this? I should have stayed with Kayla's brother when I had the chance..." Daisy giggled and stared at the Tepig. "At least she's energetic..." Kayla smiled. "Well, now that I've gotten you a boyfriend, you need some friends!" She pulled the smaller girl along with her, oblivious to Holly's panic.

Rosemary looked around the forest nervously. "I can't take it anymore! I'm leaving!" She ran out of the forest in tears. Primrose watched her and frowned. "Should we go after her?" Yuri sighed and looked at Haru's pokemon. "Maybe next time we should go somewhere less... scary?" She ran after the crying Skitty. Primrose followed, taking care not to drop the sleeping Litwick. "Wait for me!" Molly floated after them quickly.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Nemo "Ace" Dannan
The Cafeteria

The soft thud and clicking of claws against polished wood was Nemo's sole comfort, as she wandered through the new corridors of the Pokemon academy. She'd barely set up her room before being assailed with the sights of gossiping students and curious glances sent her way; the presence of Thanksgiving was a welcome distraction for the students who might otherwise crowd her after the perilous journey from Orre to the island. It was hard enough to walk from one end of Pyrite to the other, nevermind acquiring a ship.

Perhaps it was the look she held, that set her apart from the other students. Nemo doubted that any of them came from Orre, which was likely convenient, as two Orreans in the same room rarely ended well. It couldn't have been her fashion, but the few greetings she'd shared with her dorm-mates made her origin quite clear, with a thick accent only somewhat similar to the oft-visited Unova. Or it could have been her height, for she stood head and shoulders over some of the other children in the Suicune building; the peculiar waifish members were particularly curious, with an innocence in their eyes the blue-haired girl rarely saw back home.

A far more likely reason was the thick-furred albino Pokemon that stalked beside her, looking menacing despite its truly gentle nature. Most would only suffer the common preconception that Absol brought disaster, which was actually a dark joke in Orre. They could open a sanctuary for the Disaster Pokemon, because it would be hard to make a wasteland worse. Still, Cassie had a soothing aura for Nemo, while she memorized the layout of the buildings. No words needed to be exchanged, yet.

These issues were only minor in the face of Nemo's reason for attending; to train her Pokemon and hone her skills. There were at least fifteen other students in the Suicune Dorm alone, along with all the other students, teachers, and an island bristling with more Pokemon than she'd ever had the privilege of seeing before. Not to mention the facilities, built with the Professor's apparent waterfall of income and scattered across the grounds like jewels of academia. To have the honor of using them, for free, along with free food and board made the young woman's heart well up with pride, and emblazon a smirk across her lips.

And with the thought of food came the reminder that the teenager hadn't eaten since a snack bar for breakfast, and a grumbling at the pit of her stomach. A knowing look from Cassie was all the encouragement she needed to speed towards the cafeteria; if Nemo didn't keep herself in check, her Pokemon sure would. Upon walking into the food-bearing hall, a few glances were shot to the unusual new student, but most seemed too engrossed with their own bulky meals to pay much attention.

Nemo give a nod to Cassie and a nudge of her head towards the food-stores, where a myriad of fresh foods were prepared in honor of the holiday. Some berries to share with her Pokemon would be enough; the quartet had a diet to maintain, after all.

Back