• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-fate/intermittence SIGN-UP & OOC (M)

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
  • Random idea splurge go! I was recently enamored by the Fate/Stay Night universe, and really wanted to do an RP about it. And so... this! The works the RP is based off of aren't exactly new user friendly, but if you aren't familiar with the source material, I can try and help out. >.x The M rating is for all the violence and potential for blood and stuff btw.

Plot and Background Information

The Holy Grail War is a twisted competition forged 200 years ago by three great Magi families, with the rumored reward to whomever wins to have their wish granted, regardless of the consequence. While the most commonly known Holy Grail War is held in Fuyuki City in Japan, there are others held in other parts of the world with other objects that hold the same title of the Holy Grail.

The basic premise behind the War is simple, on paper. Seven magus summon seven "Servants" that act as warriors for the magus, who are then referred to as "Masters". The Servants are like familiars, but are much more powerful, and take on the forms of famous Heroic Spirits from throughout history. These Servants are split into seven classes, with the strongest being Saber, Lancer, and Archer. Aside from these three, which are regarded as the Three Knight classes, there are also Assassin, Caster, Berserker, and Rider. The point of the war is to have the Servants fight each other until only one remains. The Servant and Master that survive the entire war are granted the prize - a wish each. As a result, the two parties are essentially using one another to reach their own goal. Every Servant has a Noble Phantasm, a weapon or technique imbued with the intricacies of the Heroic Spirit that uses them.

Every Master possess three Command Spells, which take the form of a symbol on the body of the Master. By using a Command Spell on their Servant, a Master can force the hero to commit to any action, regardless of their will. It can even be used to perform the almost-impossible, provided the magus has the ability to use the associated magic in some capacity. Command Spells react when in the presence of another Master, so that is how they detect one another (likewise, Servants can detect one another, but not other Masters). A Command Spell is proof that one is a Master, but they are not required to be one. For example, a Master can use up the seals and still control the Servant if the Servant wills it; there is just no fail safe in the case the Servant turns for some reason.

The rules of this war are similar to those of the five Holy Grail Wars that have been held in Fuyuki City. The setting for this war is the city of Seaview - a European city nestled inside a cove that lays along the North Sea. It is overseen by the the Clock Tower, one of the three branches of the Mage's Association and supervised by a member of the Holy Church. Seaview is actually a city that was sponsored by Clock Tower to function as a location for the war. As a result, the abnormally large Church is based in the center of the city, which allows for the reaching towers of the building to see far and wide. The Church is also a safe haven for Masters that have lost their Servants, and have such forfeited the war.

Unfortunately I can't explain everything, so feel free to read the links I gave if you're confused or have questions.

tl;dr version for all those familiar with Fate/Stay Night:
    - A Holy Grail War featured around a different Grail in the fictional, British city of Seaview
    - Follows the same rules as the series
    - I'll be drawing up a map of Seaview soon

Rules
    - As I'm writing this, I realize the series is very term heavy. If you are applying without being familiar with the concepts, I'll correct you. It's not a big deal, it happens. However, I have included all of the links to the TYPE-MOON wiki to help explain things. Please read them if you're unsure.
    - I'm going with the expectation that every participant plays a Master and a Servant. You don't necessarily have to put your Master and Servant with each other, but make sure you have an agreement with the other party if you're going to mix and match.
    - Based on the nature of the Holy Grail War, one or both of your characters is likely going to die. It won't be until near the end of the RP, but keep that in mind when you apply.
    - Don't make overpowered Servants, please. When fighting another Servant, try and be fair.
    - Quality of posts is going to be key here.

Applications

MASTER
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History: (Keep in mind that to be able to summon a Servant, the Master needs some sort of Magus lineage - to be a Magus, you need a Magic Circuit)
    Weapon: (If any.)

SERVANT
    Class:
    Heroic Spirit:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Weapon: (Include information about their Noble Phantasm here)

RP Sample: (Let's see... it's late at night, you're in a park, and your Servant detects the watchful eyes of another Servant... and GO!)

Participants

____ is the Master of Servant Saber. (Reserved)

____ is the Master of Servant Archer.

____ is the Master of Servant Lancer.

Syrene Rousseau is the Master of Servant Rider. (Saladin)

Edward Hsiao is the Master of Servant Caster. (Morgan le Fay)

Ashley Heimeroth is the Master of Servant Assassin. (Jack the Ripper)

____ is the Master of Servant Berserker.

Jonathan Hazel is the Church's moderator.

Last edited:

Conjurer

The Verdant
    Years
  • I would like to reserve myself a spot as the master of the Rider (and the Rider him/herself, of course).

Tbh I don't know if I can handle another RP, but I'm just going to have to wing it, I love Fate/stay night!

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Damn it, I wanted to summon a Rider first. I also had a very, VERY good idea of who I wanted my Rider to be. Oh, well. Since I don't have any other good ideas for a Servant other than a Rider (apart from a few truly insane ideas for an Archer that probably won't work out very well in practice), I might as well just play a Maiya Hisau expy, staying on the sidelines and taking potshots at other Masters with a Steyr AUG.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Woh, it's a TYPE-MOON RP.

May I have a reservation for Saber and the Master of Saber?

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • edward.png

Name: Edward Hsiao
    Appearance:

Personality:
    Once a man who had dreams and visions, Edward quickly threw away his future shortly after he became a Master. The persona he keeps in the public eye is that of a punk. In hopes of hearing of things easier, he joined a local gang in Seaview. So, essentially, he participates in the gang operations when not dealing with the War directly. His personality isn't suited towards the gang life, however, as he doesn't see a need in taking life needlessly, which tends to happen more often than not.

History:
    Of both Canadian and Korean descent, Edward was born and raised overseas, in the former country. The Hsiao bloodline is a famous Korean bloodline that has spawned talent magus a plenty over the generations, but Edward is not one of them. The family had an internal competition that would help pick a representative to one day participate in war for the Holy Grail. Therefore, all branches of the family were to train one that would fight the other members of the family to earn the right. Since his parents at the time were very old, the burden was placed on Edward, so from his youth he was subjected to a rigorous training regimen that would promote his chances of becoming a Master In fact, his low capacity to learn magic due to mixed blood inspired his father to instead train him in the art of non-magical combat first and foremost.

When given the choice between learning melee or learning how to use guns, the youth chose to follow the path less traveled during these times. In the world of magic, using guns was frowned upon by many, particularly in the case of the Holy Grail War, which was supposed to showcase the efforts of the magus. Some would say that the use of guns is an unhonorable practice for a magus, which is a belief Edward adapted. And so, from martial arts to swordsmanship, the boy grew up learning various forms of combat to make up for his lackluster prana, instead learning how to use magic to support this fighting style.

Eventually, the day came that would decide his fate. Unexpectedly, the competition that decided who would represent the Hsiao family turned out to be a bloodbath, as family members - some who had met and some who had not - were forced to kill one another after being trapped in an estate in South Korea. Edward both witnessed and committed some horrible deeds during that time, but came from the scarring mess with both the right to become a Master, as well as the resolve to obtain the Grail. He had figured out his wish in that hell, and he would pursue it faithfully.

Weapon: At all times, Edward carries a Hwandudaedo sword. With a thick back and sharpened blade, this weapon was big in Korean ruling classes up until the end of the 4th century. Edward's Hwandudaedo in particular has a scabbard decorated in paintings of a Hibiscus flower - the weapon being acquired during his fight to be a Master. When not in use, he keeps the blade hidden using a bit of illusionary magic. While it goes against his beliefs, he also carries a Nagant M1895 revolver, loaded with bullets enchanted with magic. This is only to be used as a last resort in any use, and he only carries it under the order of his parents. These weapons are all for regular use though, as Caster supplies him with magical weapons that she has crafted.

caster-1.png

Class: Caster
    Heroic Spirit: Morgan le Fay

Appearance:
    Quite tall for a woman of her time, Caster is only slightly shorter than her Master, standing at a high of approximately 5'9". That is, of course, if you discount the black horns that curve out of her head, almost like extremely hard chitin in texture. These, as well as a long, forked demonic tail that flows freely from her spine are two strange features that do not match with any renditions of the story of Morgan le Fay, but Caster herself argues that how humanity viewed her legacy is what shaped her current form.

The woman, who looks to be around the age of twenty physically, has long, seemingly black hair that flows down to just above her butt. In the light, however, her hair reflects a seemingly purple colour. Just below her hair line is a pair of wide, deep blue eyes that always seem to be enchanting those that look into them. Her face has extremely soft features, including her lips that are much pinker than her pale complexion, and always look to be covered in lip gloss of some sort.

Caster's frame is nothing to scoff at either. Blessed with an ample bosom and child bearing hips, the girl clearly shows no shame as she parades around in a skin-tight one piece outfit that reveals most of her breasts. The piece of attire in question is primarily white in colour, with black lines running vertically down it, breaking the white up into portions. Underneath her breasts, larger white pieces thin down into the lines, two under each breast, and the edges that overlap with her breasts are lined with black lace. Partway down her legs, the white turns to black as a zig-zagged pattern overtakes the ensemble, leading right down to her feet, which are also concealed in the black material. There is a black portion that is separate from the rest, covering her arms, hands and shoulders. Black spines shoot out from behind the neck as a sort of collar, and a white rose is imprinted under the shoulders, a white line wrapping through all of the fingers from this point on. This is not attire from her time, Caster will be the first to admit, but it is clothing she found to like after having knowledge of the time bestowed upon her.

Personality:
    Weapon: Caster possess no particular weapon to speak of, and instead relies on the combative abilities of her Master to further her progress in the war. In a way, Edward and Caster are two sides of the same coin in the sense that Caster has all the magical talent, while Edward possesses all the strength. This is what makes her Noble Phantasm all the scarier. The Drinking Horn of Awareness, as the Noble Phantasm is called, combines the existence of both Caster and her Master into one temporarily, granting them the combined strengths of one another. Caster also has access to the use of Territory Creation and Item Construction, allowing her to alter the battlefield to her benefit.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Reservations placed. Not sure if Jack's post was an Assassin reservation?
    I'm not very keen on the idea that an Assassin-class servant must be one of the nineteen Hassan-i-Sabbah, and I doubt you're going to let me bend the system the same way Medea or the people in Fate/extra did.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I'm not against bending the system for something like that provided you have an explanation for it.

In fact, this war is a little different from the Fuyuki City one, so I can't see why it wouldn't be okay.
    If that's the case, then I hope you won't mind me appropriating a preassembled Servant from a cancelled project, like so. I suppose I could have just as easily taken any of the Archers, Lancers, or Berserkers described there if I was to go that route, but there's something about this particular Assassin that appeals to me for some reason, and an Assassin-class Servant actually fits with my revised character concept, which I promise to flesh out in due time...

MASTER

Name: Ashley Michelle Heimeroth (alias: Michelle Bernitz)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History: The Heimeroth and Bernitz lineages of magi both had their start in Germany over 200 years ago, though their respective founders, Lukas von Heimeroth and Michael Sebastian Bernitz, quickly moved to the United States to make their fortunes there; it was in America that the two men met and befriended each other, and the two families became close allies from that point onwards. However, while the Heimeroth bloodline grew and prospered, the Bernitz bloodline inexplicably started undergoing a rapid and severe decline around the 1920s; within two generations' time, the would-be heirs of the Bernitz bloodline were largely incapable of performing sorcery on their own without resorting to Crest Worms or other radical methods of building up Magic Circuits. Thus, Ashley Michelle Heimeroth, the youngest child of the Heimeroths, was adopted into the Bernitz family in a bid to revitalize the latter family's bloodline.

That decision ultimately proved to have unintended consequences for all involved.

Neither the Heimeroths nor the Bernitzes were viewed particularly highly by other magi families for various reasons. What they lacked in raw magical ability, they compensated for with an extremely pragmatic philosophy towards general combat, namely "Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't." Other magi may consider the usage of firearms to be dishonorable, but to the Heimeroths and Bernitzes, all's fair in the Holy Grail War. Needless to say, they did not make many allies among the other magi families.

Weapon: Ashley carries a customized SIG-Sauer P226 Elite in 9x19mm Parabellum (two-tone with anodized frame and stainless steel slide and fitted with a threaded barrel, suppressor, laser aiming module, and wraparound black rubber grips) as her primary sidearm; she also carries a SIG-Sauer P225 and a SIG-Sauer P229 Elite as her backup pieces, and she has also been known to make use of a Glock 18C (fitted with a 33-round extended magazine), a customized Glock 17L (fitted with a holographic sight, suppressor, and 33-round extended magazine), and several Heckler & Koch USP variants (USP45 Compact Tactical with suppressor, USP45 Tactical with suppressor and laser aiming module, USP9 Match). Her favored longarm is an Heckler & Koch HK416 D14.5S fitted with various SOPMOD accessories (typical loadout is an AN/PVS-17A night vision sight, AN/PEQ-2 laser aiming module, vertical foregrip, and suppressor, though she can change accessories as needed), though she has also been known to make use of a Mossberg 590A1 (fitted with a 14" barrel, heat shield, and bayonet lug), two Heckler & Koch MP5 variants (MP5K-PDW with suppressor, MP5SD3), a Heckler & Koch UMP45 (fitted with a C-More red-dot sight, Surefire M900 foregrip, and suppressor), and an SR-25 (fitted with a bipod, AN/PVS-14 night vision sight, and suppressor). Ashley is also extremely fond of knives, in particular the CQC-7, Gerber Mark II, KA-BAR, and M9 bayonet. She also has access to M18, M26, and M84 grenades. If all else fails, she has her unarmed combat skills to fall back on, though punching out a Servant without applying significant magical enhancements first is a rather chancy proposition, to say the least.

SERVANT

Class: Assassin
    Heroic Spirit: Jack the Ripper
    Appearance: Jack is a short and lightly-built girl, standing at 150 cm and weighing in at 45 kg. She has an overall gaunt appearance; while she has a flat chest, her well-developed hourglass figure and long legs more than make up for this deficiency. Her skin is pale and pallid, indicative of her aversion towards going out in broad daylight. She has two prominent scars on her face, one over her left eye and one on her right cheek; in addition, she has a set of circular red tattoos, one on each shoulder. Her hair is dull silver and short, barely coming down to neck level. Her steel-blue eyes are dull and lifeless. In general, she does not emote very well; she has very few facial expressions other than her usual blank stare.

Jack's manner of dress is decidedly minimalist and quite revealing, consisting of little more than a tight-fitting black vest, black panties, and black thigh-high boots. This outfit, if it could be called that, is accentuated by a multitude of belts, two on each arm and one on her chest holding her vest in place; her forearms, wrists, and hands are wrapped in bandages, and she has prominent metal plates attached to her hips and thighs. She wears four sheathes for her knives and carries a pouch on her lower back with a pair of surgical saws.
    Personality: "Cute but psycho" would be an apt, if rather simple, description of Jack's personality. Out of combat, she is a shy yet cheerful girl whose speech and actions are marked by a genuine innocence. She finds it hard to associate with other people, though she can be quite charming if need be, and she can be made to warm up to others given enough time. She looks favorably on acts of kindness directed towards herself or others, and she does her best to repay her benefactors with kindness of her own.

At heart, though, Jack is a cunning and calculating individual, all too aware of how she appears to others and all too willing to capitalize on her youthful appearance and outwardly timid demeanor for all they're worth. She is an extreme moral absolutist (as far as her own simplistic and warped moral code goes, at any rate), and she sincerely believes herself to be upholding good and punishing evil with her deeds. Above all else, she simply cannot abide callousness or outright cruelty, though her methods of dealing with those she deems worthy of punishment are especially cruel themselves; she finds happiness in the acts of torture and murder, and she finds particular joy in mutilating the corpses of her victims and taking "trophies." Like any good Assassin-class Servant, though, she tries to perform her killings as discreetly as possible.

Paradoxically, while Jack's violent tendencies tend to be focused towards women, she has a particularly strong desire for a proper mother figure; if her Master is a woman (as it is in this particular instance of the Holy Grail War), she will insist on calling her "Mother."

Weapon:
    Skills
    Spoiler:

Noble Phantasms
    Spoiler:

RP Sample:

Last edited:

Conjurer

The Verdant
    Years
  • MASTER

Name: Syrene Rousseau

Appearance: Syrene stands at six feet three inches, and is therefore a tall and slender woman. She is particularly proud of her hourglass figure, which she works hard to maintain. She has a very pale skin, so pale, in fact, that she seems to glow a blue color under moonlight. Her face is a chiseled oval, with high cheekbones and firm lips. Her eyes are heterochromatic; her left eye is a velvety red, while her right is a clear, shining blue. Her nose is small and pointed, and she has a small, barely visible mole on the right side of her chin. Syrene's hair is dark red in color with black roots and highlights, characteristic of the Rousseau line of magi. She wears it in a fancy updo; her bangs are slicked to the back to join together, held up by a black-and-red cylinder, and the hair that falls from the cylinder are braided into six locks that reaches down all the way to her knees. The locks are held together in place by what looks like six pieces of black rings.

Syrene's usual wardrobe consists of a two-piece dress. Covering her neck down to her elbows is a dark red cloak-like piece of velvet, strewn together at the bodice by golden lines that intersects each other in a criss-cross style. The hem of this piece is also lined with golden threads. Underneath that, she wears a dress of the same color that starts above her breasts and ends in a cascading style from left-to-right, rather like a staircase. On both arms she wears a dark red piece of silk, that gives off the image of trailing sleeves. They are held in place by two simple black bracelets. She also wears rings on both of her index fingers and little fingers.

Personality:

History: (Keep in mind that to be able to summon a Servant, the Master needs some sort of Magus lineage - to be a Magus, you need a Magic Circuit)

Weapon:

SERVANT

Class: Rider

Heroic Spirit: Saladin

Appearance: Saladin stands at a height just barely above his master's, at six feet five inches. His build is neither muscular nor flimsy; his muscles are well-toned, of course, considering his status as one of the greatest commanders history ever knew, but surprisingly they're not anything special. His sword arms, however, have plenty of swing in them, and it would be a very big mistake to disregard this danger due to underestimation of his not-so-burly physique. Physically he looks quite young; most people would guess he is halfway into his twenties. His skin color is on the light side of olive. Saladin's face, by middle-eastern standards, is very smooth, with vague and undefined features. He has no visible cheekbones nor jawbones, and his oval face is completely clear of any scars or other abnormalities, which is strange for a man who have been in so many battles against strong foes. He has no bangs, and his short, slick hair only reaches down to the top of his neck, in a spiky cascade. Both his eye and hair colors are a deep, midnight blue, so dark that most people seeing it from afar would think that they're black. His nose is small, and it is neither pointed nor flat.

Saladin's clothes consists of an ornate Arabian-style garb, often called a shalwar kamiz, which is pure white in color. While the regular shalwar kamiz is just a plain piece of cloth that covers every part of the wearer's body neck-down except for the hands, the one Saladin wears looks more European influenced, a two-piece with twin square-shaped collars and a trailing twin-tailed back end. To cover his bottoms, Saladin wears a pair of revolutionary army style pants, ending just above his foot and continued by a pair of traditional skin sandals. Saladin also wears a turban above his head, locked in place with a blue jewel with a white feather pointing upwards coming out of it. In battle, he is hardly ever seen without his personal mount, a mechanized camel.

Personality:

Weapon: (Include information about their Noble Phantasm here)

RP Sample: (Let's see... it's late at night, you're in a park, and your Servant detects the watchful eyes of another Servant... and GO!)

Last edited:
    Back