• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
I love the sprites and tiles. Very nice. I like this hack so far even though I just started.
Can I continue from where I left off or do I have to start a new game each release?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I love the sprites and tiles. Very nice. I like this hack so far even though I just started.
Can I continue from where I left off or do I have to start a new game each release?
I don't recommend doing that, as there are some scripts that I modified around the Pewter area that has to do with making sure certain events are disabled at the proper time. It might cause some minor glitches/oddities if you don't restart.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
Great to know that another beta will be released sooner... keep the good work! I'll be waiting to test drive the new beta and hopefully help you from here :P

Years
I don't recommend doing that, as there are some scripts that I modified around the Pewter area that has to do with making sure certain events are disabled at the proper time. It might cause some minor glitches/oddities if you don't restart.
Ok. I'll wait until the game is completed to play.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
Wow this hack is amezing.
Im gonna download it and play it at school.
I also was thinking about who could be the new gym leader and i tought of 2 people:
Spoiler:

and those are the only ones i can think of are both in first and sec gen.

And sorry if my english sucks im from holland:)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
New release!

Beta 1.0! http://www.mediafire.com/?23373vpi9ppp24l

This goes right up to the entrance of Rock Tunnel.

Please start a new save file. This will be the last release in which you have to do so! This is because the first time around I forgot to include the Fly flags to the towns, but they have now been added, so please start a new save file.

Some changes to previous content:
-Charmander family now learns Draco Bullet instead of Dragon Rage, which was way too OP
-Ruby/Sapphire textbox, to match the tiles a bit more

There will be a Beta 1.1 sometime soon which will allow you to obtain the missing Eeveelutions, as well as a new, R/S/E-styled remix for the Bicycle music, as well as any bug fixes that occur. The next release after Beta 1.1 will be the full game.

Also, because I now have a playable beta with 3 badges, does this qualify to be in Hacks Showcase yet? =)

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
No ones commented? What are you guys waiting on??

While I haven't made it to the new things yet, I like this. So....yeah!! Keep at it.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
WEWT!! New beta ^^ I can't wait to play through it, Chaos Rush. Thank you for putting up a great game:15:

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I (just) realised that Linux doesn't have an IPS patcher, so I will have to wait until the full game releases to play it.

since all patches here are either IPS/APS/UPS and not real .gba files you need to patch it some time. If you got an Android phone then there are IPS/UPS Patchers which might help you.

Years
since all patches here are either IPS/APS/UPS and not real .gba files you need to patch it some time. If you got an Android phone then there are IPS/UPS Patchers which might help you.
I'll just wait, since I don't have an Android phone. I only play a game once or twice before I get bored anyway and it will most likely be patched by someone and hosted.

Last edited:
Years
IPS.pl has worked for me in the past. Also, if you have WINE Lunar IPS works just fine. ;)
I saved the link, but it won't run or anything. There is no software. I prefer something like a file that I can just install and it'll patch it for me - or even a command line for auto patching using the terminal.
I don't want to use WINE since I've read that it'll open my Linux to viruses, which I don't want, even if it won't harm my computer. That is one of the reasons why I switched to Linux.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
I saved the link, but it won't run or anything. There is no software. I prefer something like a file that I can just install and it'll patch it for me - or even a command line for auto patching using the terminal.
I don't want to use WINE since I've read that it'll open my Linux to viruses, which I don't want, even if it won't harm my computer. That is one of the reasons why I switched to Linux.

LunarIPS works with WINE (at least in my Debian Wheezy), if you don't want to use wine, you can use a Virtual Machine with windows (the easiest way is using VirtualBox). Have a Nice day.

BTW, it's great news that the beta 1 is finally here, I'll definitely try it when I find the time :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Congrats on getting moved to the Hacks Showcase, Chaos Rush! I have played through the first gym and this game is awesome (:

Back