• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite Album of 2009

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    2009 has been a strange year for music I feel. Most of the bands like didn't release n album this year. But If I were to pick one album that has substansionally stood out for me, it would most certainly be Muse's new album call "The Resistance". I'll admit though, it isn't thier best album to date but it's good, I definately enjoyed it! But as I say, not a whole lot of my favourite bands released an album, or a very good one if they have. However, 2009 isn't over yet so we'll wait and see!

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
  • I can't really decide yet, waiting for Brand New, The Fall of Troy and Paramore's new albums, and I havn't listened to the new Muse album yet either. So far though I'm going to say Old Crows/Young Cardinals by Alexisonfire.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Definitely Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown. Huuuuuuuuuuuge Green Day fan here, they're my heroes. I haven't really bought any other albums this year, but even if I had they wouldn't beat Green Day for me. xD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay, Jeffree star is currently doing a pre-streaming of his album on MySpace and now I have a full listen to the album and its absolutely my favorite album of the year!

Beauty Killer & Get Pysical are my theme songs.

Also, I got Jay-Zs album, The Blueprint 3 and its one of the best Rap albums this year. The one thing that annoys me about it is that there are few tracks without someone featured on it.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • The Fame is an album of 2008(its officially over a year old this month.)

Anyway, My favorites so far are

Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D
    Jeffree Star - Beauty Killer(released next week!)

Not if you live in the UK it isn't.
    The UK recieved The Fame for digital download and physical sale on January 12th 2009. So for us Brits and most Europeans, it can technically be our album of /this/ year.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm going to have to say that my favorite album of 2009 would have to be the release of Exposed by Kristinia DeBarge. At first I didn't like any song other than Goodbye until I gave the album a few listens. Obviously it was one of those albums for me that grew to be more liked the more you listened to it. Her range of vocals in this album is rather impressive considering she premiered on American Juniors and seemed to have disappeared for a short time then suddenly, she releases a single off her soon to come album that really hit home and introduced a wide variety of listeners.

My favorite tracks off the album would have to be Goodbye, of course, Sabotage, and Powerless. I really wasn't a fan of R&B, however, until I listened to this album. Of course, my favorites are more upbeat titles of the album, but the rest of the album I enjoy as well. Especially Died in Your Eyes and Doesn't Everybody Want to Fall in Love, which do a compliment to her range in vocals.

Shame her music videos aren't as good as her singles, though. (Namely the Goodbye music video, which was just horrible, in my opinion)

Chelc

Years
  • Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3 for me. He collaborated with some great artists and there isn't a single song I don't like. Run This Town is definitely my favorite song at the moment. They're all great songs to listen to. I love D.O.A., and while I do like some auto-tune, I'm sick of every song being auto-tuned completely, so I'm glad to know that there are some artists who aren't into it - so yeah, it's probably my favorite song on the album. It's funny how T-Pain took such offense to it. :P

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Definitely Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown. Huuuuuuuuuuuge Green Day fan here, they're my heroes. I haven't really bought any other albums this year, but even if I had they wouldn't beat Green Day for me. xD
    You Rock For Saying That. I LOVE That album so much this year!

Years
  • Jadakiss - The Last Kiss
    Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
    Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2
    Ace Enders and a Million Different People - When I Hit The Ground

Kinda disappointed by Daisy. I feel Brand New could have done a lot better.

Last edited:

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Jadakiss - The Last Kiss
    Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
    Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2
    Ace Enders and a Million Different People - When I Hit The Ground

Kinda disappointed by Daisy. I feel Brand New could have done a lot better.

You're a Yankee fan and you're at least cognizant of Brand New. You're the man.

I liked Daisy. It's a polarizing record for sure but there's alot 'done right' in there.

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
  • It's kind of a toss-up between a few for me..

Alestorm - Black Sails at Midnight
    Sonata Arctica - Days of Grays
    Rammstein - Liebe ist Fuer Alle Da (won't be released until October 20th, though)

Years
  • You're a Yankee fan and you're at least cognizant of Brand New. You're the man.

I liked Daisy. It's a polarizing record for sure but there's alot 'done right' in there.

brand new is utter amazingness.

but unfortunately, Daisy was a big meh in my eyes.

It's good,but it seems like a drop-off from Devil and God

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    brand new is utter amazingness.

I agree. It almost seems like they tried too hard to combine their older material with the stuff from Devil and God.

Years
  • Mastodon's "Crack the Skye" album. I still say "Blood and Thunder" is best.

I'm gonna have to go with Crack the Skye as well as my favourite album this year. Not really familiar with any of their older stuff though.

Besides that, I don't think I've checked out any other releases this year.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • brand new is utter amazingness.

I for sure think it's a big drop off. It's just a harder album to listen to. 'Daisy' the song is awesome and there are a few other ones on there I really like but as an experience...really not as strong.

I'm always going to love Deja and YFW though.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I've got a couple Faves this year
    1. Nothing Personal by All Time Low
    2. Coaster by NOFX
    3. State of the Art by Hilltop Hoods
    4. and Relapse by Eminem

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • For the sake of how much I appreciate "D.O.A.", Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3" takes it. The song is something I can connect with; I'm sick of every musical act that's ever had even the slightest success doing this stupid autotune-pop thing because it's what's in, and lightening their clothes and acting more...happy. There's no...edge left in pop today...which is shameful. :V

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My favorite album of 2009 will have to be "Life Starts Now" by Three Days Grace...which comes out TODAY!

Seriously, there work is epic, and there new album is no exception. World So Cold is my favorite song, followed by Life Starts Now, and Break......Epic Work.

Back