• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Concerning Pokecommunities differences with other sites.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
Years
  • I'm just wondering what the difference is between this sites fan fiction section and other fan fiction sites such as FF.net? Other then the fact that the one on this site is focused only on Pokemon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Um, we're a forum instead of a general database for fanfiction. You post fanfiction in a new thread here and that thread is used for both posting new chapters and reviewing/discussing the story at once.

o_o Just reading threads in the section should give you an idea of how it works here; we aren't very similar to Fanfiction.net or any writing databases like that.

Years
  • They're hosted on different domains? >>;;

You're less likely to get an ego boost here, I guess. I haven't seen an awful lot of "lol pls rite moar" posts on PC.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Since I should know...

For one thing, we're set up differently. FF.net has the capabilities to separate fics into different categories by genre, characters involved, rating, and so on. FF.net is also HTML-based, while we have BBcode.

FF.net also has different standards. Here at PFF&P, I try to maintain a standard that the normal members asked for, with both fics and reviews. For example, while at FF.net, a person can leave a review that doesn't say much, like "rit moar!", here at PC that's not really wanted, and easier to keep an eye on.

On the plus side for FF.net, you can reach a much wider audience than you would here. So if you want more people to read your fic, you can go there.

A benefit here is the community feel. The authors can get together and discuss their writing and ask questions. I don't know how it is over at FF.net, but the last I knew, that didn't happen a lot.

Other then the fact that the one on this site is focused only on Pokemon.
    Does no one know about Other Writing? It does exist farther down the forum.

Back