• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What screw-ups while rom hacking make you the most mad?

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Insertion of new tiles is the devil. I still don't get it. I have a go at it, fail, get more frustrated than I've ever been, put it away for a while, then repeat the process. (All the time renewing the "frustrated than I've ever been.")

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
When you run out of space to add things that made me mad

Lol more specifically tilesets. You wanna add just one more different looking tree or maybe a fence but no every 8x8 possible is taken. xP I'm a little nervous for my rom actually since I have to use a-map 1.92 for emerald for when I insert new tilesets... eventually I'm gonna run out of offsets to repoint stuff and then I'll be screwed because I can't repoint new map sizes or tileset insertions to any offsets that are in the extended part of the rom which sucks ... hopefully I can find a bypass of this later

Insertion of new tiles is the devil. I still don't get it. I have a go at it, fail, get more frustrated than I've ever been, put it away for a while, then repeat the process. (All the time renewing the "frustrated than I've ever been.")

Check out my sig, theres a link to my tutorial on adding tiles with a-map. If you need help just send a PM.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Check out my sig, theres a link to my tutorial on adding tiles with a-map. If you need help just send a PM.

Cheers buddy, I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow morning and try to gather a calm mind before setting out on another tile adventure.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Right now, probably inserting graphics like a titlescreen or battle backgrounds and getting just a white screen when testing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Not exactly a screwup... but not having enough space on the tileset you're adding new tiles to, cus' that thing can't exceed 128*192...

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I also Get mad when i screw up with all palettes in the game for Adjusting one sprites, that has happened to me many times in OW spriting! Now it doesnt happen, but it used to happen when i was new in hacking.

Back