• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<3Hoenn Pokemon Fan Club!<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
  • What would be your New Years Resolution if you lived in Hoenn?

Train my Pokemon even harder and also let them have their vacation on the beach after a well earned training session :)

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • What would be your new years Resolution if you lived in Hoenn
    It would be to get all painting in the mueseum when you win an Master level contest.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years

• JirachiSantaHatAccessory.png

TOPIC ANSWER!
    New Topic! What is your favorite Hoenn pokemon of each type? No legendaries and pokemon can be added together if they are a pair of the same type, i.e. Plusle & Minun. Have fun!
    Normal: Delcatty
    Fire: Torkoal
    Water: Swampert
    Electric: Plusle & Minun
    Grass: Breloom
    Flying: Swellow
    Dragon: Flygon
    Ice: Walrein
    Steel: Aron
    Bug: Masquerain
    Fighting: Makuhita
    Psychic: Jirachi
    Poison: Seviper
    Dark: Absol
    Ground: Camerupt
    Rock: Solrock & Lunatone
    Ghost: Duskull
    Thank you, bye!

~Sincerely
    PikakittenX, Co-owner & devout member of the Pokecommunity

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Username: Coolysouthkid
    Partner Pokemon: Treecko
    Reason for joining: I love Hoenn :)
    Answer the current topic!
    The tropical vibe they have

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Important! Please read!

Woah woah, guys. I'm glad you got back on track again, but... Posts here are supposed to focus on the Hoenn region entirely, more specifically, the Pokemon. There are already several places where you can discuss New Years resolutions on the site, and even an entire thread dedicated to them in Other Voting Polls, so there's absolutely no need to put a topic like this in here. Now, I know it was changed to being new years resolutions in Hoenn, but that's a bit of a stretch, the damage was still done, and that is, unfortunately, not a valid topic either.

Discussion in here is supposed to focus on the Pokemon of Hoenn alone, not the region, not any characters in the games, nothing but the Pokemon. As much as I would like all the additional discussion to have a place in here, it's simply not allowed. We already have an entire forum dedicated to discussion about Hoenn and everything else generation III related, and allowing people to discuss the exact same things in here first of all has a chance of reducing the activity of that forum, which isn't something we're aiming for at all, and is second of all, completely unnecessary.

Now don't be alarmed, no one will be punished for anything, since it is quite a harder club to deal with, especially since everyone might not be aware of how the generation clubs work, but please keep to the topic of the club. I'd still love to see you all as active as you've been up till now, but just be wary of the topics you discuss, and stay on topic of the Hoenn Pokemon :)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • Yes sorry, however this is on topic with the Pokemon since the topic is currently "What is your favorite Hoenn Pokemon of each type" however to make sure, nobody answer to the New Years Resolution in Hoenn topic, or the Favorite Gym Badge topic the points will no longer be counted for the two, thank you Olli97 and goodbye.

~Sincerely
    PikakittenX, Co-owner & devout member of the Pokecommunity

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • My favorites of Hoenn Pokemon are...

Normal: Linoone
    Fire: Blaziken
    Water: Wingull
    Electric: Electrike
    Grass: Grovyle
    Dragon: Altaria
    Ice: Snorunt
    Steel: Metagross
    Bug: Beautifly
    Fighting: Makuhita
    Psychic: Gardevoir
    Poison: Roselia
    Ground: Flygon
    Rock: Aron

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
    Years
  • These are my favorites.

Normal: Zangoose
    Fire: Camerupt
    Water: Sharpedo
    Electric: Manectric
    Grass: SCEPTIL---Umm Sceptile.
    Dragon: Salamence
    Ice: Spheal
    Steel: Beldum
    Bug: Ninjask
    Fighting: Breloom
    Psychic: Ralts
    Poison: Swalot
    Ground: Trapinch
    Rock: Armaldo
    Ghost: Banette ( So creepy. o_o'')

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Normal: Slakoth
    Fire: Groudon
    Water: Kyogre
    Grass: Sceptile
    Dragon: Rayquaza
    Ice: Glalie
    Bug: Beautifly
    Fighting: Hariyama
    Poison: Dustox
    Ground: Swampert
    Rock: Aggron
    Ghost: Banette

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
    Years
  • Sign-Up Form
    Username: MichaelSK16
    Partner Pokemon: Torchic
    Pokemon Nickname: Niko (Male)
    Reason for joining: Gen III is my favorite Gen and holds a spot in my heart.

I think in the case of Hoenn, the Pokemon were so unique because they added such a huge variety of Pokemon. There were Pokemon like Tropius (A giant tree dragon-giraffe thing) Wailord (A whale) Blaziken (A chicken-man thing) Metagross (uhm....a giant paperweight?) and the dragons (Flygon, Rayquaza, Salamence, Latios, Latias) Not to mention the fact that they added arguably the greatest Pokemon of all time....sableye. Sableye and Spiritomb are the only two with no weaknesses, but Sableye looks cooler. :P
    So to some it all up, Hoenn is unique because of the huge variety of Pokemon offered.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Normal: Zigzagoon- Two words: Pick Up.
    Fire: Blaziken- My first starter<3
    Water: Ludicolo- 4x water resistance.
    Electric: Plusle/Minum- Cuteness overload
    Grass: Breloom- Kickass
    Flying: Pelipper- H.M Slave
    Dragon: Latios- Very useful
    Ice: Snorunt- Good enough
    Steel: Metagross- The only one i can think of.
    Bug: Shedinja- Wonder guard.
    Fighting: Medicham- Fighting/Psychic type.
    Psychic: Jirachi- Do you need a reason?
    Poison: Seviper- Looks awesome.
    Dark: Absol- Seriously high Attack
    Ground: Groudon- The lava king.
    Rock: Armaldo- Good movepool.
    Ghost: Shuppet- Cute as hell.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • Username: Urugamosu
    Partner Pokemon: Torchic!
    Pokemon Nickname: Flambo
    Reason for joining: Because the third generation games were just as great assort, with all of the new features it added, and the differences to all of the games before it. It also had an actual story, compared to the little one the second generation had.
    Answer the current topic! Well, Hoenn pokémon actually looked true to their region. It looked like Wingulls were by beaches and Wailmers by the sea. It stayed true to the Island Hoenn is, and I respect that.

Tackle

Pancham
    Years
  • My favorites are here. =3

Normal: Kecleon
    Fire: Blaziken
    Water: Swampert
    Grass: Sceptile
    Flying: Tropius
    Dragon: Salamence
    Ice: Glalie
    Bug: Dustox
    Fighting: Hariyama
    Ground: Flygon
    Rock: Aggron
    Ghost: Banette

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I'd like to join, if I could! ^-^

Username: waveguidebuizel
    Pokemon Nickname: Yew
    Reason for joining: Hoenn is my favorite region, and a large part of that is probably because I really like a lot of the pokémon that inhabit it.
    Current Topic Answer:
    I don't know for sure. I guess I like the diversity of the Hoenn pokémon, yet they still appeal to me. Also, there are loads of pokémon that are suited to the different types of environments in Hoenn, which is probably the most interesting region geographically. The desert has pokémon like Trapinch and Cacnea, the tropical area has Tropius, the ash-filled route has Spinda, etc.

I'll also answer the favorites of each type, in case that's the current topic I'm supposed to answer:

Normal: Skitty
    Fire: Numel
    Water: Marshtomp
    Electric: Electrike
    Grass: Treecko
    Dragon: Altaria
    Ice: Snorunt
    Steel: Jirachi
    Bug: Surskit
    Fighting: Combusken
    Psychic: Ralts
    Dark: Cacturne
    Ground: Vibrava
    Rock: Aron

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    Username: The_Mew
    Pokemon Nickname: Trickz
    Reason for joining: I love Hoenn pokemon as much as pikachu loves ketchup. If the Pokemon world really existed, i would definitely live in Hoenn
    Answer the current topic: What makes Hoenn Pokemon so special? Well, I think the pokemon from Hoenn are special because of their purity, Most of them are elegant creatures and they are really something apart from the others, Pokemon like Absol and Tropius, for example, they are pokemon without any other evolutions and as far as i know, almost no trainer in Gen 4 and 5 used those pokemon (although there are many more of those, like volbeat and wailmer). Also, their colouring is really special to me, for some reason. :D

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I've got a new topic for you all:
    What kind of Hoenn Pokemon of the same-type of your Starter Pokemon you will choose if you can't choose your Hoenn Starter Pokemon?

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
    Years
  • Username: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
    Partner Pokemon: Mudkip
    Pokemon Nickname: Swamp
    Reason for joining: I joined the Pokemon craze around the time of Gen III so everyone who played it were talking about the Hoenn Pokemon. I was into PMD, but the Gen III Pokemon were just amazing!
    I think Hoenn Pokemon are unique as they are the first Pokemon not available in another region at the time, and were introduced in a rather hot place in general, something which hasn't really been done except for parts of Unova and Cinnabar Island. Also, LOADS of legendaries were released including a handful of my favourites, Lati@s, Rayquaza and Regis.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • What kind of Hoenn Pokemon of the same-type of your Starter Pokemon you will choose if you can't choose your Hoenn Starter Pokemon?

Fire: Torkoal
    Water: Ludicolo
    Grass: Breloom

There's no other fire/fighting, water/ground or last evolution grass only type Pokemon in Hoenn, so it's kinda hard :C

lewieboy124

Partner Pokemon: Treeko
    Pokemon Nickname: None
    Reason for joining: Pokemon Sapphire was my first pokemon game and I have always loved this generation of pokemon since.
    Answer to current topic....
    I would choose Seedot if I couldn't choose Treeko because it eventually evolves into an awesome pokemon if you give its first evolution, Nuzleaf, a leaf stone: Shiftree.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back