• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Team!!!

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
  • My First Team!!!
    First Glance:
    376.gif
    373.gif
    392.gif
    134.gif
    579.gif
    635.gif

Team Making Process:
    376.gif

I started with a SR Metagross to get some hazards in.
    376.gif
    373.gif

Then, Salamence came because of sheer power and good synergy.
    376.gif
    373.gif
    392.gif

After that, I put a MixApe Infernape to increase the death count of the opponent.
    376.gif
    373.gif
    392.gif
    134.gif

Next, I put a Wish Vaporeon for something to help wall and use Wish to heal.
    376.gif
    373.gif
    392.gif
    134.gif
    579.gif

Desperately needing a Special Attacker, I went with CM Reuniclus.
    376.gif
    373.gif
    392.gif
    134.gif
    579.gif
    635.gif

And for a late game sweep, I put Hydreigon.

Under The Microscope:

376.gif
    @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Meteor Mash
    - Hammer Arm
    - Bullet Punch

373.gif
    (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

392.gif
    (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Overheat
    - Close Combat
    - U-turn
    - Stone Edge

134.gif
    (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

579.gif
    (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Psyshock
    - Focus Blast

635.gif
    (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Blast

Any suggestions will be accepted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Nice looking team!

No outstanding weaknesses, EV spreads are fair, everything seems to be in pretty good order. Well done! :3

Some people like Draco Meteor > Dragon Pulse on Hydreigon. It may be good in your case to run Draco Meteor (maybe even Choice Scarf/Specs) if you just want late game all out destruction. Not really advice, just something to think about.

Why not run Flare Blitz on Infernape? It's a good STAB attack plus it'll deal recoil damage so it'll be easier to activate Blaze, especially if you're using the Life Orb. The base power is 20 points less than Over Heat.. But Flare Blitz does have the benefit of 100% accuracy. That way, you can run Jolly and not subtract any more from Infernape's already atrocious Defense. Using a Choice Band may do a lot for your Infernape too, if you're not so interested in "activating Blaze" as a strategy for sweeping. Cause with the Life Orb, Infernape will be taking an aweful lot of passive damage. Not to mention entry hazards and weather teams. :x

That's all. Sorry this wasn't an all out rate. ;(

Good team and good luck!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Eh, Salamence really likes to use Outrage for more damage compared to Dragon Claw.

@Alexial: He's using a mixed Infernape; the reason why it's using Overheat is to let it deal with physical walls. If it uses Flare Blitz, Pokemon like Gliscor and Hippowdon will laugh at it; not only that, it'll die faster.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I would greatly prefer Lum Berry >> Persim on Salamence as it saves you from sweep-ending status such as burn, paralysis, etc. Status is one of Salamence's few checks and when you have the option to keep it off for another turn of set-up then by all means I'd go for it. Plus, it heals confusion if you avoid status until then.

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    Ok, so comments on each pokemon indivisually:

I started with a SR Metagross to get some hazards in
    Ok, thats a fair start, watch out for trickers, some of them like azelf are hard to predict! *by trickers i mean taunters sorry
    You can also use this to switch into toxic or toxicroaks to wall those, though ii do recommend dropping in zen headbutt on that thing, that's just me, its up to you.

Then, Salamence came because of sheer power and good synergy.
    Not much to say, but watch out when using outrage, they can switch into something like ferrothorn to wall it, and you'll be stuck there as he sets up spikes, or seeds, or you take damage from rocky helmet + barbs,just watch out for that. Oh, and scrap persim for lum. it helps way more.

After that, I put a MixApe Infernape to increase the death count of the opponent.
    Hm...just be carefull of life orb, and overheat seems good to take out the physical walls, good choice there. Not much else to say.

Next, I put a Wish Vaporeon for something to help wall and use Wish to heal.
    Toxic. Its gotta have toxic. You cant have a wallporeon without toxic. Truts me. It will help you so much. Scrap ice beam i suggest. It helps, but toxic will help more, unless you have a important reason to keep ice beam (does it help with dragons?)

Desperately needing a Special Attacker, I went with CM Reuniclus.
    Try and make the pokemon more specially. It looks like a wall to me, and reiniclus is a fail (imo) without trick room, but that would hurt the rest of your team, so find another speciall pokemon is my suggestion. Try something like Chandelure, or another pokemon, idk (fail) but this reuniclus doesn't seem like its in the right spot. But i guess if it works for you, keep it in, just psyshock? is that for blisseys or something? watch out for physical walls than becuase as ol blasty has horrible accuracy

And for a late game sweep, I put Hydreigon.
    Id say specs or sash would do better, but life orb still works great. Specs and Sash can do great late game, as, with scarf, Hydreigon can be an amazing revenge killer, and a late game destructoking at the same time. But its a good set, that was just my noob suggestion

Its a good team, i say watch out for powerful bug type moves, or u-turn and ice moves, but i guess vaporeon counters those! Its a good team but it has its little tweaks to fix up, You can listen to my advice, or if you think what im saying is wrong, go ahead and keep your set. Anyway, good team, and i think it can be really good to use in standard competitive battles :)

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • for your hydreigon you could try a choice scarf if you plan to use it as a revenge killer. it may also be worth your while to change its nature to timid just to ensure that it outspeeds other pokes and threats you are trying to get a revenge kill on. i also highly recommend draco meteor over dragon pulse, just so it hits harder and you get a nice revenge kill in =)

a poke you have to watch out for is rotom-w because it can KO infernape, vaporeon and salamence. it most likely use volt switch on vaporeon and mence.

since your reuniclus has magic guard you should LO it because it will take no recoil at all and you can use it to absorb statuses like burn and toxic since it wont take damage from those either.
    another problem i see is a lack of direct recovery. once vaporeon is gone then your whole team looses out and they can heal off damage. salamence gets roost so you may want to sacrifice a moves for that if you can.

anyways i hope this helps =)

Last edited:
    Back