• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite rom hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hey im just curious to know Which is your favorite rom hack
icon10.gif

well personally my favorite is legend of giratina as it offers a whole new region to visit and the battle background animations are fantastic during a wild pokemon battle.......... and the side quests are fun

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
Years
In all honesty, I'm not the biggest fan of tilesets, so rijonAdventures would definitely have to be my favourite. It's so simple that it feels like one of Nintendo's own, and with quite a few easter eggs hidden within the game it's an absolute thrill to play. Also, there's rijonAdventures X — something actually challenging in a Pokémon game. :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
I liked pokemon toxic purple... to bad the maker stopped updating it, it only has it's first alpha and it was really fun

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
Years
I haven't seen any really compelling ROMhacks (I never downloaded ShinyGold because the 8-year-old in me demands a PolishedSilver) except Touhoumon, that was pretty fun. I'm not one for serious stories or Generation IV/V inserts, so playing something identical to FireRed but with an all-new set of mons was really refreshing. Touhoumon also inspired me to get started on my own Pokéminecraft, which will, again, be mostly unchanged except now you can catch mobs instead (who will all have changed stats and learnsets).

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Pokemon prism and Pokemon naranja in my opinion are the two best made hacks of all time. Im pretty sure neither were finished, but the quality of those games were incredible.

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Pokemon (OLD) White... I want Foullump to come back!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, I've only played 1 pokemon hack, so it's Pokemon Snakewood for me.

But in general, the best hack that I have played is Sonic 1 Megamix.It's impressive on how they have made the hack, even including more characters into it, other dynamics, and music on every single act. Just impressive.

Pinta77

I haven't even heard of a lot of these. I will definately check them out.

This is a tough question. I loved Pokemon Naranja, but I could only find a spanish version. I played Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers, and that one was really really good.

But my absolute favorite is probably Pokemon Jupiter Version. :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Well coming from a spanish forum, my tastes are very influenced, but thinking in international hacks I love "Legend of Giratina", "Silver Legend" and "Crono"(one of my first played hacks).

About spanish hacks, I like "Golden Islands", "Mirage", "Blue Legend", "Terra Firma", etc. These hacks are very influenced by graphics, but they have really good scripts, too.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Pokémon Shiny Gold is one of them, for me. It was the first ROM hack I played and introduced me to the whole ROM hacking community.
The second would be Liquid Crystal, again it was one of the first I played, and did introduce me to the community, I liked it and Shiny Gold because it was based in Johto, my favorite region.
And my last? It would be Pokémon Shining Opal. It's really original, what with the Mew/Pikachu crossover and the new region.
I always got stuck on it, but it was a good hack to play.

Mr.Man

A man. Mr.Man to be exact
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
Shiny Gold was amazing, it's just a shame he never finished it....

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
But in general, the best hack that I have played is Sonic 1 Megamix.It's impressive on how they have made the hack, even including more characters into it, other dynamics, and music on every single act. Just impressive.

100% agree with this guy here.

Though, I also think that other notable hacks include Brutal Mario (a SMW hack), and some others, yet I cannot remember what they were called at all... Pokemon Prism I do love too.

Mr.Man

A man. Mr.Man to be exact
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
oh yeah, this reminds me of a version I heard of called Creepy Black. Have any of you heard about? It seems more likely that it's made up, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back