• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Important. - Please read.

Yes/No to the following.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Hey guys, don't worry this is nothing bad or negative, in fact it's quite the opposite.
    Bad news out of the way first guys, activity in Pixel Projects has slowed down a fair bit, which is a great shame because we had some decent projects (the revamp projects, pass the sprite etc). The bright side of this is I have some fantastic ideas and projects I'd like to implement. Here's where you lot come in, I'd really, really appreciate your thoughts and feedback over the ideas I'm putting up in this thread, and any ideas of your own you'd like to push forward.

Anyway, the first idea I'd like to talk to you about is one of the first official community projects that we'll be launching soon, you've probably all seen the advert in my sig for it (and i'm pleased to say it's already stirring some interest) and I reckon a lot of you are wondering what it is, well I'll tell you. It's Todoroki Tower.
    tt2.png
    Todoroki tower is a "mock game" if you will. The idea behind it is that we scratch sprite characters, NPCs, enemies, backgrounds, bosses, items, power ups etc for a platform style game (before I go any further I'd like to state we are not actually going to be making a full game, this is just for fun). The aim of Todoroki Tower is to help spriters move on to scratch work whilst having a fun time and building community spirit. The style we'll be pixeling in will be very colourful, retro and easy to pick up.

What i want to know is how many of you would like to participate in the project or have any questions about it.

The next two things on my agenda are Weekly/Monthly comic contests and remaking the Sprite Comics Lounge.

Basically I want to know weather you'd like to see a Comic contest and if so, how frequently you'd want to see them. I also want to know if anybody has any objections to me unsticking the old SC lounge and replacing it with a nice, new fresh one.

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you all, thanks for reading.

Fox♠

Years
  • Well, you already know my thoughts on TT, so...

As for the comic contests.. I'm not sure. Monthly seems almost too long, and weekly seems too short. How about bi-weekly/two per month? Comics generally shouldn't take THAT long to make, so the only problem with weekly contests is that you might not get many entries, due to the fact that they just didn't have an idea in time. I assume it wouldn't be like with Pixel Art contests, where you run out of time before finishing.

You could try weekly for a few weeks, and if that isn't working, then bump up the time to two weeks/a month. You can't really tell until you try. XD

The SC Lounge? Well, I told you my other idea, but I'm in favor of restarting also. It's really just taking up space right now. Maybe a fresh start would get people going again.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Bi weekly sounds awesome, I think that'll work a lot better than monthly.

Guys it's kind of paramount that you contribute some ideas to this thread or we won't really get anywhere with it.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    It's a project, where all the spriters who want to participate make backgrounds, NPC's, characters etc. for a game.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
  • Todoroki Tower seems interesting. I can't wait to try it!
    I don't think we should get rid of the ol SC lounge.
    And I also think that the Sprite Comic Contests should contine.

And that's my views

Seadiga

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Awesome guys, so we sould go ahead with sprite comic contests and keep the SC lounge? I'd also like your ideas on a Sprite Comic Resource Thread consisting of tiles, backgrounds, char sets, overworlds etc, what do ya'll think?

Years
  • Todoroki Tower seems interesting. I can't wait to try it!
    I don't think we should get rid of the ol SC lounge.
    And I also think that the Sprite Comic Contests should contine.

And that's my views
    You could at least say WHY you feel that way. :\

Awesome guys, so we sould go ahead with sprite comic contests and keep the SC lounge? I'd also like your ideas on a Sprite Comic Resource Thread consisting of tiles, backgrounds, char sets, overworlds etc, what do ya'll think?

That sounds like a good idea. I assume it would also replace that current thread that has like- one tutorial in it?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    You could at least say WHY you feel that way. :\

That sounds like a good idea. I assume it would also replace that current thread that has like- one tutorial in it?

That's what I was thinking, as one of the links in the current thread is a 404 and the other is only a semi useful tutorial.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Well, I haven't posted here much, but to help out my buddy, sure. :] I'd love to help if I can or am even still able to make sprites anymore. XD;

Back