• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VBA Link Hamachi - Battles and Trades!

Would you like a PokeCommunity Hamachi Server for VBA link?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zaos

Pokémaniac
Years
  • Hey there Emulator users and ROM players!

So I had an awesome idea...

Some people (like myself) really try to avoid hacking in games. It takes alot of the fun out of it. But then, when you're playing alone, there are times when in order to do something, it has to happen. (getting a pokemon unavailable in your version. And you don't want to just load another rom and play through it to get it etc).

So I've been thinking recently (as well as playing my Fire Red, breeding for a good team etc), why not have a hamachi server where we can trade, battle, or whatever, with other people who have roms, that way we don't ever have to hack in a pokemon or anything like that?

The realization came to me when I went to deposit my most recent batch of Bagons (traded in from my emerald save that I've had for like 3 years), and realized that I had quite a few duplicates (somewhere around 15 lvl 5 bagons, quite a few chanseys, some eevees, and some extra charmanders).

I hate, let me repeat, HATE releasing pokemon. I'ld rather them go to someone who needs them, for breeding purposes, or whatever they may need.

So thats the purpose of this thread. there's a poll here, just vote on it.

I'll check back in like a week or two, and depending on the winner / comments, I'll start hosting a Hamachi server so we can play together and whatnot.

I thought it would be fun =)

Anyway, see you in a week thread!

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    how exactly I never really understood this...

Hamachi is a server thing, using VBA you can connect to the Hamachi Server, and therefor Have "Wifi" like on a DS, Except using the union room and Trade/Battle stations (To who ever is on the server).

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2013
    Ah, finally a reason for hamachi other than to host Minecraft servers without the hustle of port binding and whatnot, i think its a good idea, of course il have to transfer my roms from my old PC to this one before i can do anything...

And, unless there is another program, you cannot just trade without hamachi, an its not that annoying, once you join a server, u just have to open the program to be able to connect to the others using the server.

Years
  • I'm assuming that you'd have to have a server set up for the people to connect to? Like Minecraft. This could maybe spark a few peoples interests. Hell, maybe we could start a bit of a tournament type deal. xD

Jcool

Stellar
    Years
  • How would this work? Just join the hamachi server and vba does everything else for you? Or is there some settings in vba to change in order for it to work or something. Usually I wouldn't play pokemon games on the pc because I'd rather play it on the actual system, but if this is actually possible, I may have just been reinspired to play pokemon more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Tunngle is a lot better, it supports more people and beats Hamachi in every way possible.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2012
    YES! I've always wanted to do something like this but I'm not very good with Hamachi and all that stuff but yes! and how would you put pokemon from other files into another game on your emulator?

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • this seems really interesting, but I don't want to download Hamachi, as I have something else. I forgot what it's called though..... I remember seeing it when I tried to go on Cray Online

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2012
    so is this project still running ? I'd love to battle and trade, I got hamachi ready, just waiting for the servers to go down :)

dr4g0n12(2)

INSURRECTION!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2014
    It would be fun to create a rom hack that has fakemon that people have requested (there would be restrictions on base stats, moves, etc.) and play multiplayer with it on one of these servers.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2012
    I have a little serever running for 3rd gen battles, who is interested join at :
    KiKoZone

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    I would definitely support this. Hamachi is the best thing ever. Creating a virtual LAN is awesome.

Evan44

In Severe Ilness
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    We neeeeed this D:
    Id definetely like this put in. However, wouldn't the mods' multiplayer need to be changed to fit hamachi? Also, its a bit hard when there are a lot of hacks floating around. You would only be able to play the hack you are using.
    Instead of Hamachi, i would suggest a mini Pokemon Online that you could patch onto ROM's that includes all of the other hack's pokemon in it, therefore compatibility would not be an issue.However, there would need to be a version for every hack that comes out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    That would be awesome. So I could battle somebody with a Volt White ROM on my Volt White ROM with Hamachi, right? If so then.. hell yeah! I hope somebody does this soon.

Back