• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] LoE: Chronicles of Luminia

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
  • ChroniclesofLuminiatitle-1.png

Legend of the Elements
    Chronicles of Luminia
    And the Luminia Kingdom shall rise once again…

Created by: D. Lawride / Enoos / Apidcloud
    Genre: Adventure / RPG / Action
    Version: Demo 1 (V0.1)
    Started in: September 2010
    Finished in: (Predicted to be June/July 2011 (unlikely)

Intro
    In the beginning of times…

[Legend of the Elements:] Chronicles of Luminia is a project started by myself and a some friends of mine as part of a project for school. The actual story and its background had been resting in my notebooks for several years now, giving me the chance to sharpen the edges and make it look like something good (hopefully). Being a long date Zelda fan, I can tell you that you may find a few influences, but something very short; after all, we ARE trying to make it original, right?

You can also keep up with this on:

Okay people, enjoy the show! =D

Storyline
    The Villager, The Princess and the Thief…

War – That is the word that has been in the mouth and minds of both Luminians and Catalians, the kingdoms of greenery and desert, the two kingdoms said to have once been one, the two kingdoms said to have once been protected by the same, five Elements; the war that has ensued between the Luminia and Catalia Kingdoms for too many years, bringing both to utter ruin.

The Argos, longtime helpers of the Luminian army, have abandoned their treaty and left to inhabit their regions, unlike the violent and atrocious humans that chose to stay and risk their lives for the sake of their home; even the Birdmen, the Flarenines… all of them have abandoned the king and the kingdom.

But the war has no reason of being, and all but the kings seemed to have realized it; the lust for power, the same one sealed within the five Elements, has disappeared, and been replaced with a terrible desire for the bringing of death and the spilling of blood – King Flavius and Aume, Luminian and Catalian respectively, have pitted their armies in the battlefield. There is no good, nor evil; only greed and hostility.

One, however, has grasped the situation from a different point of view. He is a general of Aume's troops; but also his brother: Karont.

Recognizing the incapability to rule the kingdom after being denied more troops from his brother, Karont has somehow strived and succeeded in forcing the Catalian troops into Luminian territory, thus leaving King Flavius cornered. But his ways are not those of a just war… nor the ones that aim for peace between the unsettling kingdoms.

But somewhere in the Luminia Kingdom, change is also about to happen; and once more, the two plates that have once been balanced shall once again be weighed… and the outcome of the war, decided forever.

Characters

In Chronicles of Luminia, you will take three points of view as the story develops; basically, you will control three characters in different locations to a certain point before the inevitable encounter.
    Who they are?

Well, that's up to you to find out!

TSUKI

Name: Tsuki
    Race: Human (Luminian)
    Hometown: Neast Village
    Biography: Tsuki has lived with his grandfather in the quiet village of Neast since he remembers; he doesn't know much about any of his parents, both said to be dead.
    His life with his only family is not an easy one, however – his grandfather seems to not care much about him, bossing him around as if he were a slave; doing all kinds of chores and helping with winter supplies, and even being forced to show up in the village to assist with all sorts of things.
    But Roven, the village blacksmith, treats the boy as his own child; every day, Roven would call Tsuki to his shop and give him a small, wooden sword which the two would use to practice in an arena in the back of the house. As such, Tsuki has grown into a fine swordsman; something many say he inherited from his father.
    Little did he know, however, that this peaceful life in the isolated village would soon change…

???[/center]

???[/center]

Features

Two Kingdoms to explore;
    Discover the Mythology behind Luminia and Catalia;
    Day/Night System;
    ABS (Action Battle System)(XAS version);
    Spells, hidden Skills and countless quests to find and fulfill;
    Unique Items, Locations and complex Storylines to follow;
    Train a Flarenine (details later on) to be your sidekick and use it in your battles;
    Much more coming soon…

Screenshots

Spoiler:

snap_23.png

Maps
    Mapa Mundi

Neast Village

Spoiler:

First up, Neast Village - this is the first map you'll visit, and also Tsuki's hometown. You'll find a couple of tasks to do for leisure, along with items to find and a lot of people to talk to.

They hold the Eve's Festival whenever a comet, appropriately called Eve's Comet, crosses the sky. Boys like Tsuki are considered mature and adults after it is held.

Licove Woods

licove_woods_by_donlawride-d347hg6.png

The Licove Woods is a vast forest surrounding Neast Village, which is in turn surrounded by the Licove Hills, leaving Neast Village very isolated from the rest of the Luminia Kingdom, and turning a quick journey into a perilous and possibly deadly trip. Tsuki's grandfather uses this forest's bountiful resources, such as wood. There is said to be a secret place somewhere within it...

Pedestal Meadow

the_pedestal_meadow_by_donlawride-d39tu4v.png

This oddly placed spot is located somewhere within the Licove Woods (nope, it's not that secret place. You will come here somewhere in the beginning... when and what secrets there are is up to you to find out.

Downloads

OmnilanTeam.png

Legend of the Elements:
    Chronicles of Luminia

First Official Release

Download link

Credits

Tiles -» Enterbrain, The Inquisitor
    Legend of the Elements: Chronicles of Luminia, Characters, Setting, Items, and all associated with it -» Development Team (Omnilan Team)
    Sound Effects -» Nintendo (from HelptheWretched's website)
    Action Turn-based Battle System (ATB^2) by Apidcloud

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
  • I also forgot to include the following section:

Maps
    Mapa Mundi

Neast Village

Spoiler:

First up, Neast Village - this is the first map you'll visit, and also Tsuki's hometown. You'll find a couple of tasks to do for leisure, along with items to find and a lot of people to talk to.

They hold the Eve's Festival whenever a comet, appropriately called Eve's Comet, crosses the sky. Boys like Tsuki are considered mature and adults after it is held.

Licove Woods

licove_woods_by_donlawride-d347hg6.png

The Licove Woods is a vast forest surrounding Neast Village, which is in turn surrounded by the Licove Hills, leaving Neast Village very isolated from the rest of the Luminia Kingdom, and turning a quick journey into a perilous and possibly deadly trip. Tsuki's grandfather uses this forest's bountiful resources, such as wood. There is said to be a secret place somewhere within it...

Pedestal Meadow

the_pedestal_meadow_by_donlawride-d39tu4v.png

This oddly placed spot is located somewhere within the Licove Woods (nope, it's not that secret place. You will come here somewhere in the beginning... when and what secrets there are is up to you to find out.

D. Lawride

Years
  • Long absence aside:

OmnilanTeam.png

Legend of the Elements:
    Chronicles of Luminia

First Official Release

Download link

Screenshots of Features

Logo-1.png

scenetitle.jpg
    iconshelper_mouse.jpg

main_scene_dual_menu-mouseonly.jpg
    savemenu-mouseonly.jpg
    SceneStatus-mouseandkeyboard.jpg

Sceneitems-mouseandkeyboard.jpg
    SceneEquips-mouseandkeyboard.jpg

In-game Screenshots

Loe1.png
    Loe2.png

Loe3.png
    Loe4.png

Loe5.png
    Loe6.png

The awaited release of the game has finally arrived!

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
  • Hoy! I come here today to show you all the first trailer for Legend of the Elements: Chronicles of Luminia!

Tell us what you think!

P.S.: I know this is probably my fourth post, but this update's big xD

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Hmmm.
    I non-pokemon game in RPGXP. That's very orginal(no sarcasm intended, seriously)
    It all looks great and i hope this project goes well!

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    this game is actually pretty good in the standards I look for in rmxp games.
    okay storyline, maps are kind of cluttered and not that diverse, i love the custom poses, this is actually kind of like my game that i have'nt released to the community yet. all and all, this looks like it has potential, great work!
    flamemaster~

D. Lawride

Years
  • Hmmm.
    I non-pokemon game in RPGXP. That's very orginal(no sarcasm intended, seriously)
    It all looks great and i hope this project goes well!

Ahah, I get it; thanks a lot! :D

this game is actually pretty good in the standards I look for in rmxp games.
    okay storyline, maps are kind of cluttered and not that diverse, i love the custom poses, this is actually kind of like my game that i have'nt released to the community yet. all and all, this looks like it has potential, great work!
    flamemaster~

Well, these maps shown here are from a single area, which means that they're all pretty similar in terms of environments; check our dA page for the rest of the maps, like cities and whatnot.

And thanks! :D

By the way, we have a website on:

So be sure to come by! :D

D. Lawride

Years
  • FOR MORE NEWS REGARDING THE LOE: CHRONICLES OF LUMINIA PROJECT, CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT http://luminiachronicles.wordpress.com/

After a short hiatus due to assorted business and vacations, the Omnilan Team is fully back to work on the project! :D
    I have been showing some people some of our news tiles recently, but that's an issue for later. :3

Right now, we have to present one of the many systems incorporated in the game!

Presenting, The World Map Navigator! ^^

MapsList.jpg

-» This little system here may not seem like much, but if you're the kind of person who likes the tiny little details of a story, location, item or character, or plain simply can't stand long dialogs and likes to go straight to action, then you're one of the potential, frequent users of the system!

-» Ranging from a list mode to a familiar Town Map system just like (but not exclusively) Pokémon, the World Map Navigator will give you detailed information about the locations you have visited or will visit, such as the items acquired, the [important] characters met and the story of the site.

-» Allowing you to keep track of your next destination, it's equipped with an indicator that points out where you were last sent to/your current goal and the last location visited.

-» This system can be acquired after helping a certain Kardian, a race of highly advanced people said to have been the origin of the Luminian – in political affairs. If you try hard, maybe you'll get to know more about their technology and knowledge!

-» To view new maps, you will need to collect certain items, which unlock maps for you to view in detail. Some are given, others must be bought, but most must be found on your own!

Credits and Thanks:
    • World Map Navigator © Apidcloud ;
    • Legend of the Elements: Chronicles of Luminia © Omnilan Team ;
    • Enterbrain © for game engine ;
    • MACL authors for Zlib::Png_File and Bitmap.make_png ;
    • LegacyCrono for the basic understand of autotiles in RPG Maker XP ;
    • SephirothSpawn and ForeverZero for Png pictures creation ;
    • Zecomeia for sharing an huge encryption pdf ;
    • game_guy for basic methods of compression ;
    • http:/www.anneashby.bravehost.com for the gold bronze feather picture, although changed by us accordingly;
    • Paul Reid(TracerTong) for DriftType font ;
    • RPG Communities, for existing
    Blizzard for Bitmap.slice_text

D. Lawride

Years
  • where did you get the cloud "fog" graphic? its really good

It came with the XAS pack, it stayed behind after we took the pack out...

So, this time for a small update: this is the main menu theme, rather, a preview to it, from the game. It was composed by Enoos on deviantArt, who is also in our team. You can hear the preview on Youtube or in our official website's library at Luminia Chronicles.

Enjoy! We'll be doing another update soon, this time with screenshots of our new tiles and sprite style! :D

Also, we'll keep showing these previews of themes from the game as we go along.

D. Lawride

Years
  • *Not dead here, by the way

We've currently stopped the engines (well, THE engine) because we'll be switching over to the originally planned engine. This is to say that we've stopped development in terms of physical stuff like maps and scripts, to instead focus on more critical aspects of the game such as the story, weapons, MUSIC, and most importantly, the construction of the original, custom engine that will run the game (which won't be RMXP or anything of that sort. We hope. RMXP it won't.).

For now, though, all the maps and sprites are still in effect, and I'm still squashing bugs from the previous release so people who are potentially interested can still have something good to play.

As proof of our work, I recently updated one of the oldest sketches of a map I had of Luminia on dA with a sprite version in the simplest style possible (mind my rather shoddy spriting skills, please):

luminia_kingdom_wip_by_donlawride-d31eh7f.png

Well then, I hope to update soon with a new version, complete with bug fixes. I hope.

Back