• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watermelon Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Oh hai. ^^ Well, I was sort of an old veteran at pokemon battling...somewhat before fifth gen, when I didn't play as much, but now, I'm trying to get back. Simple story, no? :3 Anyhow, this team mainly focuses on Sandstorm, and curse Cradily. Why Cradily? Because its pretty tough to stop once the counters faints and with a couple of curses t boot. Why is this called Team Watermelon Buttons?

...I dunno, I suck at naming things. >.<;

Just a note: I'm not TOO familiar with the play style of Gen V...so if you have advice for me, I appreciate it. =)

Team at glance

248.png
    472.png
    593-f.png
    609.png
    620.png
    346.png

Lets step closer!

248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpAtk / 192 SpDef
    Sassy Nature (+SPdef, -Spd)
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock

Reptar the Tyranitar is my lead. Why? Because it automatically sets up sandstorm for my Cradily and company. Its sassy for a couple of reasons; mainly, its a speed hindering nature, so it goes last against those politoads or ninetales who have drizzle and drought, so it can set up sand stream's sand storm after the sun/rain, so sandstorm will be always up against them, so they'd have to switch if they want to get their weather up, which leaves me free stealth rock occasionally. Its also pretty bulk this way with its ev's it can stand up to a variety of stuff, except for those focus blasts and close combats...heh. Lum berry is for instant sleep-awakening or...burn healing so I can set up stealth rock, or, maybe go for a stone edge, depending on a given situation. Fire Blast is for Ferrothorns who come in occasionally, thinking they want to set up. Pursuit is for those psychic type escapees.

472.png

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 192 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Protect

Ms.Vampire the Gliscor is in charge of fending off those fighting types like Meinshao or Rooposhin (can't remember its English name ATM!) I find that Poison Heal Gliscor is much more effective than Leftovers/Sand Veil gliscor; in my case anyway. Because with alot of things in Generation V out-speeding gliscor nowadays anyway. Anyhow, Ice Fang is for those with the ballon items; like Exadrills, or maybe Heatran switch-ins. Earthquake is its STAB move, Toxic is for switchins/somewhat stalling purposes. Whatever the case may be. Protect is for activating Toxic Orb, as well as a good combo for Poison.

593-f.png

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 192 SpDef
    Calm Nature (+SpD, -Att)
    - Scald
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Recover
    - Toxic

Judge Judy the Jellicent is a good check against Rain Dance Teams; mainly things like Kingdra "occasionally" or Politoads. Scald is a good move to try and get a burn in; normally, I'm not too dependent on luck, but it does the job! Hidden Power Electric is for gyarados for the most part. I'm not TOO sure if I should replace this with shadow ball...eh. Recover is for health, and Toxic is against things like Vaporeon for example.

609.png

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 6 HP / SpA 252 / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Att)
    - Flamethrower
    - Shadow Ball
    - Overheat
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Hot Fudge! The Chandelure mainly serves as a revenge kill against fighting types, baited by my Tyranitar. Oh, and it OHKOs ALOT of stuff! Flamethrower and Overheat ar eits STAB moves; I mostly spam Overheat to revenge, with Flamethrower to pick up scraps. Shadow ball, another STAB move, is for opposing Jellicents and Chandelures, and HP [Fighting] is for other Tyranitar...should I have the guts to predict. ^^;

620.png

Meinshao (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpAtk / 216 Spe
    Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpDef)
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn

Okami-San the Meinshao is also a revenge killer, and also serves as a scouter. U-turn is great with Chandelure and Tyranitar, because Chandelure has a better switch-in to revenge kill with shadow tag, and Tyranitar can come into a psychic/ghost type and pursuit away. Hi-JUmp kick is its primary STAB fighting move. Hidden Power Ice? Well, its helpful against dragons like Salamences, which Meinshao can outspeed with its EVs, even after one Dragon Dance. Stone Edge is for flying types like gyarados.

346.png

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Section Cups
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 Att / 252 SpDef
    Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
    - Curse
    - Rock Slide
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

All that's left is Kelp me! the Cradily. The curse set explains itself; it also serves as a special-wall against things like Hydreigon. I chose Rock Slide over Seed Bomb, because I find it more invaluable to have neutral damage against skarmory or super effective damage against things like Chandelures. I chose the rest/talk version, because of poisons/burns.

That's all, folks!

Yup! ^^ It has a pretty good record actually. But! Its way under the best it can be; so if you have any suggestions, I appreciate the help. ^___^

Detox

Just from a glance, here are a few things I saw.

Tyranitar's set should be a variation of this. If you want bulk, go for the Sassy one:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SpD or 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
    Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spd) / Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def) / Naive Nature (+Spd, -SpD)
    - Crunch
    - Ice Beam
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock / Stone Edge / SuperPower

Gliscor wants

Gliscor @ Toxic orb
    Trait : Poison Heal
    Impish Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    Evs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Protect / Taunt
    - Toxic / Taunt
    - Ice Fang / Facade

Speed over attack here, you aren't really supposed to be hitting much, more than stalling with Protect and Poison Heal.

Mixed wall Jellicent should have

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
    Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
    - Scald / Surf
    - Recover
    - Taunt / Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
    - Toxic / Will-o-Wisp / Taunt

Chandelure with Shadow Tag is banned in every tier bar Ubers. If you want to use it, please change its ability to Flash Fire.

I would also suggest switching Mienshao with Excadrill. It lets you abuse Sand Rush, making it a very good revenge killer while at the same time granting you a dragon resist, as any dragon poses a severe threat to your team. The set is

Excadrill @ Air Balloon / Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk) / Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Return / Rapid Spin / X-Scissor

Cradily is outclassed as a sand sweeper by Landlorus. It is also pretty much taunt bait to anything faster than it, so I highy suggest you change it to

Landorus @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute / U-Turn / Rock Polish

I can explain more if you want, just send me a VM or PM. Hope it helps.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I'll replace the EVs movesets and items with the stuff you mentioned, and I'll also replace Meinshao with Excadrill, but Landorus over Cradily... I'm not too sure. Becuase then I'd end up with 5 pokemon weak to water, assuming I replaced the pokemon.

Detox

You could Replace Chandelure with Jellicent then. It is immune to water via Water Absorb, and can also take ice attacks aimed at Landorus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back