• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Gaming Backlog

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • What games have you been putting on the back-burner that you'd like to finish or even start this year or soon?

My own list (which I'm sure will be updated often):
    Mario Galaxy 2 - about halfway through it, but haven't touched it for a year or so
    Super Paper Mario - bought this as part of a B2G1 deal and haven't even unwrapped it :(
    Bravely Default - it's sitting in my 3DS now...feelin' guilty
    All of the Phoenix Wright games - I've played through a few, but haven't finished any of them
    Chrono Trigger - just bought this and need to get to it soon​

Sir Codin

- Might and Magic 1
    - Might and Magic 2
    - Might and Magic 3
    - Might and Magic 4
    - Might and Magic 5
    - Might and Magic 6
    - Ultima IV
    - Ultima VII
    - Baldur's Gate series (again)
    - Icewind Dale 2
    - The Witcher
    - Deus Ex (haven't played it in a while)
    - Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
    - Star Wars: KotOR II
    - Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
    - Resident Evil 2
    - Silent Hill 3
    - Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (been playing it only in my spare time between classes)
    - Super Smash Bros Wii U (need moar matches)
    - Daikatana (no, I'm not kidding, I'm morbidly curious about this one)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Oh jeez. I start so many games and then just either get bored or get side tracked and forget about them

Jak and Daxter the Precursor legacy
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Assassin's Creed 3
    Final Fantasy 13 Lightning Returns
    Shadow Of The Colossus
    Hitman Absolution
    Dynasty Warriors 6
    Star Ocean The Last Hope
    Bully
    Dawn Of Mana
    DIrge of Cerberus FF7
    All of the Prince Of Persia games
    All of the God Of War games
    Final Fantasy 13 - I accidentally deleted my end game file right before I got to the final boss. I doubt I'll be able to sit through all of that again so this might be a lost cause.
    Monster Rancher Evo - I don't think I'll ever be able to finish this because I'm color blind and it just really messes with me

And that's just what I've got on the top of my head. I have a massive list of handheld games that I still haven't beaten as well. I'm terrible at finishing things.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I used to have a pretty insane backlog due to just buying games all the time, but I've cut back on it since I try to only play a couple of games at a time now (usually one console, one handheld). I'm currently playing FFX and OoT, so I guess my current backlog would be:

FFX-2
    God of War 2
    Kingdom Heart 1.5 Remix

And then some things that I bought on Steam that I just haven't gotten to playing yet, like:
    FFVIII
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not a whole lot these days really. Just:
    -finishing my 4th playthrough of FE: Awakening
    -finishing Ocarina of Time 3DS

And someday I will beat the Seabed on Ultimate in Phantasy Star Online....

But Alpha Sapphire eats up a lot of time becuz too much breeding. Oh and Skyrim.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Well, I have 49 unfinished games on my Backloggery BUT... the games that I actually want to make sure I tackle and finish up this year are:
    • Pokémon Omega Ruby
    • Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave
    • Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix HD
    • Persona 4 Golden
    • Final Fantasy X-2 HD
    • Tales of Innocence R
    • Tales of Destiny PS2
    • Danganronpa 2
    Most of these I've already started, but others I haven't even taken out of the plastic wrap yet. Some, I'm right at the end but lost steam when I first played because I missed 0.2% completion on a commsphere and now have to play through again if I ever want to get 100% complete and I'm still angry. And others I'll probably have to restart because I cannot remember what was going on in the slightest.

:( It'd be nice if I managed to knock more than these off my list, though.

Years
  • There are plenty that I'd like to finish, but my main focuses are going to be The Witcher 1+2, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and basically every Fire Emblem ever.

And I guarantee I will beat just about anything except for those.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Agh, I rarely get the chance to play games anymore, but I'm still in the middle of the following:

• Dragon Quest IX - Sentinel of the Starry Skies [third playthrough]
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap [second playthrough]
    • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [fourth playthough]
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker [fourth playthough]
    • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask [third playthough; postponed indefinitely due to MM3D]
    • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest [second playthorugh; 3 hearts, Broken Giant's Knife, no optional items]
    • Digimon World DS
    • Digimon World Dusk
    • Super Smash Bros. 4 [practice]
    • Project M [practice]

Years
  • Just

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

I have such terrible impulse control that games which end up on my backlog don't stay there for long.

Years
  • Mine's pretty small right now, though 2 of the 4 games (Mass Effect 3 and Red Dead Redemption) have been in my backlog for a few years now, and I still haven't gotten around to them, despite always saying that I will. The other two games are Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Spyro the Dragon (PSN download), both of which I'll probably manage to finish well before I start ME3 or RDR, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There are so many unfinished games in my drawer collecting dust, I've lost tracking. If I were to put my finger on one, though, it'd have to be WWE 2K13 for Xbox 360.

I was very excited when I'd first bought this game, but unfortunately, the beginning part of its story-line seemed to have been rather bland, in a way, which caused me to stop playing and move onto something else. I've been planning to give it another shot--this time, a much longer one so that I would be able to experience more of their aspects--but I haven't had much of chance to actually get around.

I've spent around $40 under 2K13, which is a lot, and it likely wouldn't be wise to allow all of that to go to a waste. Aside from this, however, another would be Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Although I did spend a lot of time playing in multi-player, I have yet to complete its campaign mode. I did try, but wound up stopping eventually due to similar reasons as former game.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I'm so bad at finishing what I start. Seriously, I have the attention span of a squirrel.
    On Steam I actually have three categories dedicated to achievement progress - which, more or less, goes hand-in-hand with actual story progress. I have a whopping 66 titles in what is essentially made for 1-35% completion. Most of them have, like, one or two achievements and then I just stopped playing.

What I'd like to actually finish within the new few months, though:

3DS:
    Spoiler:

PC:
    Spoiler:

It's nothing too ambitious. 8 games, at most 17-ish hours to finish any of them, and several months to do so. But I'll probably end up buying something else and playing that instead of these things. I don't think I know how to play games anymore.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • All of the Phoenix Wright games - I've played through a few, but haven't finished any of them
    Chrono Trigger - just bought this and need to get to it soon[/INDENT]

I'm doing Phoenix Wright right now! Granted, I played the original three before. But I bought the 3D remaster trilogy on eShop recently and Dual Destinies as well. That left me out of the fourth game which I found new, sealed, and cheap at a local video game shop :D I should be started the second one this week.

They're fun if you put the time in. The last cases are always mind-blowing.

I also quoted Chrono Trigger because that's been on my list forever. As part of my writings on that other forum we're staff on, I'm playing through the history of video games. Pretty damn well near almost everything or so. :P I'll hit Chrono one day

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'm doing Phoenix Wright right now! Granted, I played the original three before. But I bought the 3D remaster trilogy on eShop recently and Dual Destinies as well. That left me out of the fourth game which I found new, sealed, and cheap at a local video game shop :D I should be started the second one this week.

They're fun if you put the time in. The last cases are always mind-blowing.

I also quoted Chrono Trigger because that's been on my list forever. As part of my writings on that other forum we're staff on, I'm playing through the history of video games. Pretty damn well near almost everything or so. :P I'll hit Chrono one day

I am maybe 50% through Apollo Justice and Trials and Trib. I haven't started the others (though come to think of it, I might be missing Justice for All). I really do enjoy them, but they just got shuffled to the end of my playlist over time.

I was gonna start Chrono today, but decided to play more Tropical Freeze. :P And you mean that one site where it references the amount of players that can participate in a local multiplayer game on systems like the Nintendo? I am familiar with said site. lololol.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • The only game I haven't finished is Omega Ruby. I really should get around to it, but I have six badges and no motivation to play it. I admit it, the games are getting a bit tedious for me.

All of the other games I play are ones that don't really have a story, such as SSB and Hearthstone.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I really want to complete Lords of the Fallen when I get the chance. It's a very fun game - similar to Dark Souls in control layout - but the game is so broken as it crashes a lot in sequences with a lot of AI interaction. Its a real shame - the game had a lot of potential.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • plz dont laugh at me...............

games i've started but haven't finished
    Spoiler:

games i just haven't started period
    Spoiler:

i'm excluding games that don't really have a story or ending, so things like mario kart 8, smash bros, nes remix, animal crossing, etc yeah. i'm probably playing them time to time, but i don't consider them on my backlog because they're not "beatable" except nes remix but i kinda just play that on the side for fun so yeah.

Last edited:

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I have a nasty habit of badly wanting to get some games, and once I then get them, I won't touch them for months.

Some of my backlog that I'm hoping to tackle this year;
    -X-Men Destiny
    -Demon's Souls
    -Dead Island + Riptide
    -Dragon Age Origins
    -Digimon All-Star Rumble
    -Practically every Prince Of Persia game I have (the HD trilogy, the standable PS3/Xbox 360 game and the movie game)
    -Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows 1 + 2

pkmin3033

I really need to sort my backloggery out...I made it so I could keep track of these things. xD
    Right now, off the top of my head, this is what I can remember of my backlog:

- Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
    - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow II
    - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    - Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
    - Freedom Wars
    - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
    - Tales of Hearts R
    - Hyperdimension Neptunia PP
    - Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
    - Tales of the Abyss
    - Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
    - Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland
    - Lords of the Fallen
    - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
    - Drakengard 3
    - Dragon Age: Inquisition
    - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    - Kingdom Hearts I.5 and II.5 HD remix
    - Rune Factory 4

...chances are Criminal Girls: Invite Only and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D are going to go on that list as well. I've started most of those games, although I inevitably wind up focusing on something else and then completely losing track of what I was doing in them, so I restart...and then something else comes along to pull me away. I wonder why I buy them all sometimes when I know the chances are that I'll put off playing them for months...or even a year, in the case of the first two, which I bought on launch, about a year ago now.

I like replaying my favourites at least every other year as well, so that can eat into my time. Then there are the platinum trophies...I've kicked the habit of 100% completing EVERYTHING I play this year, but there are some titles where it's fun to go for it, and it's a matter of pride. It's more satisfying to fully complete some games, and that usually doubles or trebles the time I'll spend on it, since I play a lot of JRPGs. I don't usually play more than one title per system I have, so...this happens.

Well, there are only so many hours in a day I suppose, and I DO have other things to be doing outside of video gaming...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't know how many games I have in my back log, probably over 100. Strangely, I just like collecting games and putting them on my shelf to look at.

Oldest game (probably) in my backlog is the Super Mario 64 DS, which has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust not having been played for years.

Back