• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intelligence

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Logically? No.. I'm horrible at maths and sciences.. but with most other things I have gotten good grades with. I graduated university with high honours and with a silver medal, which means I got the highest grades through all 4 years, out of everyone (120 people) in my course. I like to think I also have a lot of common sense and I am smart financially and with making decisions. I'm no genius, though, I work towards these goals and I study.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
How book smart are you? Do you/did you get good grades in school?

Yeah, I got really good grades growing up... usually an A+ or A. Sometimes a B, and even rarer, a C.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I graduated about a month ago from Grand Valley State University with a little over a 3.4 GPA.

Knowledge on its own is only marginally useful. Being able to figure things out on your own, the desire to understand why things work the way they do, being able to use logic to explore any problem, these things are much more valuable than rote memorization.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm of average intelligence, even though I'm good at math. I don't get the best grades, but they're still enough to let me pass.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I was amazing at school. So book-smart everybody hated me. I did five subjects in twelfth grade and I came first in four of them. Boom.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I suck at school and am in general not book-smart and I don't care to be either, imo it has nothing to do with being intelligent. Everyone can be book-smart.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Intelligence is really nothing more than another form of comparison. Grades and IQ don't mean ****.

"Yes I'm smart compared to my class mates."
"No, most people know more than me."
"Yes, I get good grades."
"Yes, my grades aren't good, but I'm socially intelligent."
"I know a lot about the world, although I'm not book smart."

Anyone can be intelligent if they just have the interest, motivation or the qualities that everyone else sees and thinks "wow that person is intelligent". Everyone has the capability to expand their knowledge; they either don't care enough or are convinced by themselves or others that they're incapable of learning.

Besides all that, it's not a thing to be ashamed of if you're unintelligent/not book smart. I'd rather hear the words, advice and stories of a welder on an old forgotten highway than a 22 year old university graduate.

Years
If I am book smart, it's because I put the effort into learning the stuff. I'm not naturally gifted and had to work hard to get the decent grades and such. Fortunately for me I am blessed with something you just cannot develop by reading a bunch of books or studying. That would be my sharp instincts which have proven to be a vital guide for me in life. Couple that with my logical mindset and you have a person with a unique kind of intelligence.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I'm pretty school-smart, I learn things in class quickly and without the need to study most of the time. Street/social-wise I'm also smart with. I know how to observe someone and see what kind of person they are, and how to talk to people, regardless of race/interests, etc., which is something I'll definitely need when I become a detective/cop in the future.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I'd say (especially throughout school) I'd consider myself pretty book smart. I basically coasted through school with minimal effort, yet graduated with honors. However, I think there is a difference between being intelligent and being smart. Using myself as an example, I consider myself intelligent to a degree, yet I've done some dumb things and made decisions that didn't make me look smart at all.

I think I'm the same way. I didn't necessarily "coast" through school, but I believe I worked harder than others to achieve high grades. I learn things easily if I keep attempting to engage myself in the material, and I can also memorize things without hassle. I think what has helped me a lot is that fact that I've never really procrastinated, which has given me time to learn material at a pace which is suitable for me. For now, in college, I'm doing extremely well and hope to continue on the same route.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm pretty average at school. I get good grades, but there are times when I fail tests and stuff. I do believe though that I tend to put more effort in my studies than others do. But yeah, pretty average here. No top percentage in my class or anything special.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I guess I'm kinda book-smart. I definitely was when I was a lot younger; I'd throw a tantrum if I didn't come top of the class in any test or project when I was about 7-years-old and always had my hand raised if I knew the answer to a teacher's question. Yes, I was that annoying child whom everyone hated. (Now I'm the annoying adult who knows when to use 'whom' correctly! :P) I'm not like that any more, thank God, but I'd still consider myself reasonably intelligent. Though I don't put the effort in any more, that's for sure. I have a good university degree but I probably could have had a better one had I tried harder. But, I'm happy where I am. No complaints from me! :D

Years
I guess I'm kinda book-smart. I definitely was when I was a lot younger; I'd throw a tantrum if I didn't come top of the class in any test or project when I was about 7-years-old and always had my hand raised if I knew the answer to a teacher's question. Yes, I was that annoying child whom everyone hated. (Now I'm the annoying adult who knows when to use 'whom' correctly! :P) I'm not like that any more, thank God, but I'd still consider myself reasonably intelligent. Though I don't put the effort in any more, that's for sure. I have a good university degree but I probably could have had a better one had I tried harder. But, I'm happy where I am. No complaints from me! :D

YEAH YOU COULD HAVE STOOD ON EQUAL GROUND AS ME BUT NO, YOU ARE A CLASS LOWER THAN ME. BOW DOWN AND LICK MY FEET, MUAHAHAHAHHAAHAA.

Ahhahaa nah in all seriousness I know where I stand with Mr Cat Dog. He's got the brain power and I got the muscles, that's how we roll.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think I have pretty average intelligence. Certain things like math are hard for me to learn and I dont know that I couldve gotten into college. The work at my highschool was usually exceptionally easy(private school) so I dont know that I'd be prepared for more education and likely would struggle a lot.

Back