• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Ash's Pikachu Red's?

Adlais

Adlais ^_^
Years
  • I don't know much about this one but I'll do my best. When Ash first got the Pikachu, it was not level 14, 15, 16 , 17, 18, or 19. It was a higher level. I don't know how Ash got RED'S Pikachu, but this is what i think.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    The games and anime don't share a continuity. I mean Team Rocket disbanded in RBY and again in GSC, but look at the anime. I like the idea, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Powerstars pretty much said my thoughts on the matter. Ash is the anime's version of Red, so Red couldn't have had a Pikachu to give to Ash there.

Besides, I don't think Pikachu was that strong in the beginning. It was just feisty and had type advantage over the Spearows and received special training with Ash in order to beat Brock. Somehow.

Moving this to Pokémon Anime section, since it's mainly about Ash, whether Red exists there or not.

-moved

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • 1) Anime and games do not share a continuity. This has been further proved by Origins.

2) Red's Pikachu would have been hella levelled by the time they parted ways if they did so. Which they wouldn't.

3) Pikachu wasn't that strong at the beginning. As stated, it had a type advantage against them Spearow and drew electricity from the storm and later from other sources and was disagreeable and likely got stronger by fighting with everyone and everything.

jojodarkmaster

pokemaster
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    it is true ashes pikachu is reds if you get ashes kanto team and figt red in gold sliver or the remakes you will see the pikachus are the same

it is true ashes pikachu is reds if you get ashes kanto team and figt red in gold sliver or the remakes you will see the pikachus are the same.

Last edited:

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • Maybe something happened to Red and his Pikachu was left alone with it's pokeball. And maybe Pikachu got mad at Red because he never came back. then Professor Oak found Pikachu, Catched it with it's own pokeball and gave pikachu to ash. Pikachu would not listen to ash and was being mean because Ash reminded pikachu of Red. but when the spearows was about to attack, Pikachu realized that ash was not a Red, but a completely different person that would not leave pikachu behind. So pikachu ran to Ash's Rescue.
    Note: you never see red use pikachu in combat. you only see him catch so pikachu was probably at a low level when ash got it.
    well. that's my theory of How Ash got Red's Pikachu.
    What do you think of this?

Last edited:

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Ash pikachu is not reds pikachu but just a pikachu professor oak saved for ash since they met each other through the celebi movie professor oak must of noticed ash and save a pikachu for him cause someone like professor oak would of def had extra charmanders squirtles and bulbasaurs in his lab no way he could of ran out of starters someone turns ten everyday

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Ash pikachu is not reds pikachu but just a pikachu professor oak saved for ash since they met each other through the celebi movie professor oak must of noticed ash and save a pikachu for him cause someone like professor oak would of def had extra charmanders squirtles and bulbasaurs in his lab no way he could of ran out of starters someone turns ten everyday
    This is an interesting concept of thought... and it may be true.

Anyways, Pokemon is not Yu-Gi-Oh (I'm looking at you, Winged Kuriboh =D) and Satoshi is Red's counterpart so those worlds do not intertwine =)

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Well what i've heard from a friend of mine, that the games like red, blue, green(japan only), yellow, fire red and leaf green. Since them two are with the first gen and a bit similar to ash, that the games are based on the pokemon manga and not the anime.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Well what i've heard from a friend of mine, that the games like red, blue, green(japan only), yellow, fire red and leaf green. Since them two are with the first gen and a bit similar to ash, that the games are based on the pokemon manga and not the anime.

RBGY was not based off the manga - The manga WAS based off them instead.

And Ash was based off Red, not the other way round, mind you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2020
    No Pikachu isn't red's Pikachu. Cuz in a Pokemon sword and shield series ep 1. It's shown that Pichu(Ash's pikachu) used to live with the kangaskans. But one day Pichu decided to explore the world, then one night on a full moon Pichu gets ready and then it evolves into Pikachu and then by feeling happy for it's new form and sad for leaving the kangaskans,with a heavy heart left the cave. Then on the way he meets prof. Oak and he takes Pikachu to the lab. And after a few years ash Ketchum recieves the same Pikachu. You might have also noticed that Pikachu used to hate ash. This is because Oak was the first human Pikachu had ever met. It can also be told that Pikachu just disobeyed ash to check or test if ash really cared of it.
    I hope you all found it helpfull

Back