• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away."

Years
Stars.

How often do you stare up at them in the night sky? What is your opinion of stars? (beautiful/boring) Can you see them well from where you live? Do they fascinate you?

~★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★~

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I absolutely love stars. I'm in to astronomy, and I guess I want to be an astronomer one day. I think stars are magnificent floating light bulbs in a sea of darkness. They're beautiful, and I look at them a lot. We have a small balcony, and I stay there sometimes, watching the stars glow in the sky. And yes, they fascinate me a lot.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Stars are nice yeah. I think if it's a lovely cool night, and you're sitting in front of a fire pit roasting some marshmellows, it is one of the best things! Stargazing while lying in the arms of a loved one is also one of the best feelings.

Years
They're not something I look at these days. I live in the city so they don't show up as well, and I've been inside for hours by the time it's dark (usually). They're really fascinating, though. Astronomy was one of my favorite science classes back when I was in school. Too bad I suck at math, otherwise I might've considered studying it more.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Every time I'm outside when stars are out I always look at them. I find them really pretty. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
When stars are shining, I sometimes glance up and take a few minutes to look at them and think, "It's hard to believe that we're just a small speck among billions and billions of these stars."

Anyway, I think stars are fascinating and they sometimes get me thinking as to whether or not they have planets orbiting around them that support life.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I find thinking and reading about space much more stimulating than simply looking at the night sky with the naked eye. However naked eye observations of stars is how the first astronomical discoveries were made. The night sky has always been of great importance to the human species.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
i love stars and just the thought that there could be other life forms out there

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
When I was a kid I had a dream of travelling up to the stars... Just somehow sprouting wings or getting help from animals or whatever and ascending up to be amongst all the beautiful twinkly lights where it looked like heaven... But then I went to school and found out what they actually are and how far away they are which destroyed my soul for about three months, so now I've just kind of accepted that it was a nice fantasy built around naivety and have long since stopped looking at the stars in any way other than "Oh cool, other solar systems." They were good times though :(

Honest

Hi!
Years
I rarely get to see them, given that I live in the city (New York City, for that matter). On the rare occasion I'm out of the city and they're visible, though, I'd stare at them for hours. It's an incredible site that I love to look at.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Stars are amazing, stars are like.....beautiful. A few months ago, I moved to a new house and my window has a clear view of the night sky, and I can see the stars from there. So I always have my window open just to see them.

Outside is a different story. I can't view the stars myself unless I have a friend with me. :3

Years
Stars are definitely interesting things. It's amazing that we can even see them in the night sky. However, I can't seem to make myself care about them.

Years
I like looking at the stars and seeing if I can tell how they've changed from earlier in the year, like whether I can notice constellations appearing in the winter that weren't above the horizon in the summer. It's really relaxing to look at the stars on a really clear night, although I prefer watching meteor showers because they are exciting.

Crux

Evermore
Years
How morbidly comforting,the stars.
For to gaze upon them is to sober oneself with the cruel reality of our fate.
We shall never reach them,for they are as fleeting as the morrow,forever like smoke to slip through our fingers once we believe to have grasped them.
Yet,they beg you remember,that despite our insignificance,such endless strife is a product of mankinds most redeemable quality,our will to not only to survive but to reach for the heavens.

Tbh whenever I look up at the stars (which is quite often) huge balls of gas is not what springs to mind. :/
In ancient mythology they believed the stars to be the souls of heros who gained favor of the gods,and thus were given a place of honor when they passed on.
That's usually what I think of when I see the night sky. :l

In a recent study,experts found the 25% of the people that took the time to read this need to get a life.
(trololol not really. x) )

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Stars aren't something that have ever interested me at all. I used to find them pretty when I was a kid and I guess I still do, but I don't spend a lot of my time thinking about them like a junkie on an acid trip :P

Years
I don't really look at them since I love locking myself in my own room. Also, I'm a bit too old to be looking at stars right now.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I usually don't get to stargaze since stars aren really visible where I am. But every once in a while it's nice to lay down and stare at the sky, assuming the star you're looking at isn't the Sun.

And I can't see constellations for crap.

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
What I find interesting is that some of the stars we are seeing died centuries or millenia ago, and their light is only just reaching us now. I also find it interesting as to how the ancients came up with the constellations. There has to be life somewhere out there as the universe is infinite and I think it is wierd to think otherwise.

Back