• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Entertainment Renovations Thread

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • There's not much for me to say to describe or open this thread. Basically, what I want everyone to do is post in this thread with any ideas or suggestions you've got to improve General Entertainment, whether it be aesthetically (threads, splash, etc.), contests, awards, or otherwise. Just anything, really - there's always room for improvement no matter what the topic at hand. If you've got something you want to see done, say it and we'll see where it takes us!

Years
  • Maybe make contests about certain topics (like, maybe superheroes, or something that has a narrower scope) let everyone suggest some, put them all in a list and randomly pair the suggestions up, put 'em in a list and let people choose which one they prefer, tally the votes, adjust the pairings so the stuff with the most votes goes to the top of the list, then you do it again, and again and I'm not really that clear on the finer details and in the end no one really wins anything (so I guess it's not really a contest), but it at least gives you something to keep checking back on and in the end you get to find out what PC's favorite [fill in the blank] is.

So, like it looks something like this:

1. Batman or Green Lantern
    2. Wonder Woman or Wolverine
    3. Iron Man or Superman
    etc.

And everyone's responses go like this:

1. Batman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Iron Man
    etc.

And after several rounds the consistent winners (who win regardless of who they're up against) end up against one another.

Oh, and that music guessing thing from a little while back. That was fun, despite how I didn't know any of them.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Hello there!

I just wanted to point out that I think the Master Claiming Thread(Celebrities/Movies/TV Shows/Music) should be resurrected. I thought it was fairly well done, had a lot of claimers participating in it, that's for sure. I know Antemortem is a busy person, but what if someone else can manage the updates for him?

I personally thought the last claiming thread was brilliant, shame that it closed. So yeah, I think we should give it another go?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018

I just wanted to point out that I think the Master Claiming Thread(Celebrities/Movies/TV Shows/Music) should be resurrected. I thought it was fairly well done, had a lot of claimers participating in it, that's for sure. I know Antemortem is a busy person, but what if someone else can manage the updates for him?
    As long as someone else makes the first post, they should be able to take care of the thread alongside the mod :] Like how it works with the pokémon claim thread now.

Also I think you should change the splash every week or so to keep it fresh. Maybe a standard look for the text and title and links or whatever, but a large picture featuring a major new movie/album release every week. It would look good and might make people interested in talking about it :]

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Maybe make contests about certain topics -snip-

So, like it looks something like this:

1. Batman or Green Lantern
    2. Wonder Woman or Wolverine
    3. Iron Man or Superman
    etc.

And everyone's responses go like this:

1. Batman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Iron Man
    etc.

And after several rounds the consistent winners (who win regardless of who they're up against) end up against one another.

That's actually a pretty cool idea; basically character battles, which I think would be fun. Hopefully there'd be more than just voting involved and maybe comic aficionados (in regards to superheroes) could get their nerd on and have a debate on why their superhero should win and whatnot.

Scarf said:
    Oh, and that music guessing thing from a little while back. That was fun, despite how I didn't know any of them.

I think I mentioned in my announcement that I might try to bring that back, but it'd be a special event every so often because it's pretty difficult and time-consuming to put together. I would like to bring it back again because it seemed to be pretty active, as I got a fair few entries and interest was buzzing for a few days.

Hello there!

As long as someone else makes the first post, they should be able to take care of the thread alongside the mod :] Like how it works with the pokémon claim thread now.

I actually think that could work if someone would volunteer to do it, because it's a pretty time-consuming thing to handle, and I imagine it would be an easier yet still large workload for even two people. We'll see how that goes!

Rataxes said:
    Also I think you should change the splash every week or so to keep it fresh. Maybe a standard look for the text and title and links or whatever, but a large picture featuring a major new movie/album release every week. It would look good and might make people interested in talking about it :]

I'll get to working on something for this right away!

Back