• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you delete your text messages?

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    No I KEEP THEM FOREVER SO IF SOMEONE HURTS ME I CAN ALWAYS GO BACK TO WHEN TIMES WERE GOOD AND WE WERE FRIENDS AND THEY CAN NEVER MAKE ME FEEL BAD IN MY MEMORIES. I HAVE NEVER DELETED A TEXT MESSAGE IN MY LIFE I KEEP THEM ALL EVEN THE SPAM, SOMETIMES JUST FOR EVIDENCE FOR WHEN I FINALLY SNAP PEOPLE WILL HAVE A WINDOW INTO MY SOUL.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I usually don't delete them, but every so often I reflash my ROM and I forget to back them up so they all disappear.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I only delete text messages from stores or something sending me coupons if I know I'm not going to use them, or the texts that Verizon sends everyone on my family plan when we start using too many minutes :p

I never really delete texts though, I will if it's like a one-time text thing to a co-worker or classmate about boring work/school stuff and their name is taking up space on my text menu, but that's really it.​

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I delete my messages only when my inbox starts to get really cramped up OR when i get useless mail junks.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I rarely delete my text messages; I don't recall the last time I did that wasn't because I needed a replacement phone. I think it was when I deleted the conversation I had with my old work but that's all really. idk I guess I figure I have better things to do than to spend a few seconds of my time deleting messages.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I delete them when I get some notification that my inbox is full and usually at no other time.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I have every text message saved from the past 6 years across 2 different iPhones. :/ There's no reason to delete them, so I don't. Plus it's interesting to randomly look through them and see how things have changed.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I used to never delete my text for no reason, but i don't anymore.
    My phone has a setting on how many texts per conversation should be kept, and as of now the setting is "200" i think, and that's fine

Years
  • I don't text often at all but yes, I do delete them. Google Voice likes to create duplicate tabs for the same person I text so I end up having like four tabs for my conversation with one person. That and I just don't like to keep them for long - I prefer to clean them out so it's nicer on my eyes!

Sirfetch’d

It depends on who it is from and what it is. If someone sends me something personal I delete it right away because I am paranoid that someone might see it. Anything else I keep.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I only instantly delete those messages sent from my phone operator (DiGi, Singtel, Vodafone, Optus, etc.) containing advertisements and promotions and stuff. Other than that, I leave them to accumulate until it gets too much and my memory runs out.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • I usually can't be bothered to clear my text messages unless my inbox is full. I would keep them if I could, though.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    No I don't, I don't see why do I have too, after all, I got nothing to hide.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Only when my inbox is getting full, which is usually every 2 weeks.

Back