• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Pokemon Fan Club

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
Years
Untitled2.png

Done by Gardenia and Dahlia! This site is all about Pokemon! We offer Pokemon games, Webmastering tips, scripts, the newest info on Black and White from Satoshi Tajiri's blog, and MORE! You have chances to battle us as well, with amazing prize pokemon!

What do you think of our site? Click here to view it!
We also have affliating opprotunities, and the site is and always has been updated daily! Show us that you're the best pokemon fan and we may invite you to be a Moderator or even an Administrator! Here are some previews of the site content:
Chiramii.PNG

mamepato.PNG

Capture10.PNG

PLEASE tell me what you think of this site! If you want to look for me on the site, I'm Gardenia. Also, if you're a Webmaster, I'm going to have some special "Things" to help you with your site. Thanks, and bye!

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
I got four javascript pop-up box things before I even could read the main site. I quit after that.

John-117

Jirachi lover
Years
Yes, don't put those pop up box, they are ingoring and not really good to look at..... and also try to be a pro (stay on topic, most people go to your website for news.....)

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
Calling it official when it's not... That's not right!
Javascript alert boxes... Ughh... -_-
That splash page was horribly done... And it isn't even needed :/
When I get to your homepage, it gives me a few more boxes... Which is worse...
Horrible layouts and graphics... Too many scripts, with virtually no original content...

Sorry this needs a lot of work :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
Calling it official when it's not... That's not right!
Javascript alert boxes... Ughh... -_-
That splash page was horribly done... And it isn't even needed :/
When I get to your homepage, it gives me a few more boxes... Which is worse...
Horrible layouts and graphics... Too many scripts, with virtually no original content...

Sorry this needs a lot of work :)

"This is bad." <- This is the mindset of your "contribution"; not even a fragment of what it is. If you are going to critique something, don't make it your business to point out flaws and not explain your reasoning behind calling them. You didn't even recommend alternatives nor solutions. Your post isn't helpful in the slightest. Here's the right way of doing it:

Splash pages are rather unnecessary if in your case it is just a simple way of redirecting users to your main page, considering it does not have anything worth noting nor any navigational options, it's best to remove it. This article explains the usefulness of splash pages, and usually it is not worth the extra click.

URL Masking (.tk, .co.nr) is usually a bad idea. For one, it prevents your visitors from linking your pages correctly, because the URL bar will always contain that value, therefore making the task of reaching your site even more difficult, taking into account the extra click from the splash. Second, appearing on search engines would be more of a challenge, because search engines generally dislike these services, as the abuse of iFrames and other forms of obtrusive scripting is consistent. Your best options are to either purchase a top-level domain, or to continue using the URL your host assigned to you.

If you want your website to be taken seriously and to eventually grow, you must show that you have poured genuine effort into it. As such, it's unfitting to use Webs' SiteBuilder plan, and you should instead opt to learn HTML and CSS to create your own fully-customized design. Graphics are also an important component of a website; Paint is not an option, because it is very difficult to accomplish anything particularly useful in it in contrast to a program such as The GIMP, which is an excellent image editing toolkit.

There is very little useful content on the site, where by useful, I mean content that will interest your visitors. If your website is a fan club, then add content that would garner the attention of fans. Even small gimmicks, although not a replacement for real content, help out and at least set a feel. Experiment.

If you need any more additional help on learning HTML/CSS, then feel free to get in contact with me on Instant Messenger, or try looking up references on Google. They help a lot.

Dahlia411

That Crazy Video Gamer Girl
Years
The site

Dahlia, here and yes our site isn't "official". And I do make a lot of stuff on paint, including the banner Gardenia shown. I think I heard of GIMP too! And thanks Faltzer for your detailed review that supports every one of your statements, and all of the resources you gave us :)

Gardenia knows more about HTML than I do, I have more interest in CSS

and the .tk thingy...you can still get to the site via the old URL .webs.com

We will have Pokemon Day on August 8th...some new stuff will be released!!

Thank you to everybody who came to our site on July 27th about 80 hits!!!

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
Years
"This is bad." <- This is the mindset of your "contribution"; not even a fragment of what it is. If you are going to critique something, don't make it your business to point out flaws and not explain your reasoning behind calling them. You didn't even recommend alternatives nor solutions. Your post isn't helpful in the slightest. Here's the right way of doing it:

Splash pages are rather unnecessary if in your case it is just a simple way of redirecting users to your main page, considering it does not have anything worth noting nor any navigational options, it's best to remove it. This article explains the usefulness of splash pages, and usually it is not worth the extra click.

URL Masking (.tk, .co.nr) is usually a bad idea. For one, it prevents your visitors from linking your pages correctly, because the URL bar will always contain that value, therefore making the task of reaching your site even more difficult, taking into account the extra click from the splash. Second, appearing on search engines would be more of a challenge, because search engines generally dislike these services, as the abuse of iFrames and other forms of obtrusive scripting is consistent. Your best options are to either purchase a top-level domain, or to continue using the URL your host assigned to you.

If you want your website to be taken seriously and to eventually grow, you must show that you have poured genuine effort into it. As such, it's unfitting to use Webs' SiteBuilder plan, and you should instead opt to learn HTML and CSS to create your own fully-customized design. Graphics are also an important component of a website; Paint is not an option, because it is very difficult to accomplish anything particularly useful in it in contrast to a program such as The GIMP, which is an excellent image editing toolkit.

There is very little useful content on the site, where by useful, I mean content that will interest your visitors. If your website is a fan club, then add content that would garner the attention of fans. Even small gimmicks, although not a replacement for real content, help out and at least set a feel. Experiment.

If you need any more additional help on learning HTML/CSS, then feel free to get in contact with me on Instant Messenger, or try looking up references on Google. They help a lot.
Trust me, I'm experienced with HTML, PHP, CSS, and SQL. I also know some Javascript. And I don't like the site builder, really, but I couldn't find a good host that let's me upload the files. But, I just found out where I can, which is why we have a notice saying that the site is under construction. Actually, the Splash was there for that reason, so I could put out those terms. I also have it linking to something else, I was just too busy and forgot to finish putting it there.

And, yes, I know masking is a bad idea, but I got it purely to remove those ads Webs placed, and it worked.

And real the splash footer:
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

We are still working on the site, actually rewriting it in Notepad.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
A tip: Don't include "Official" it's redundant because you aren't nintendo.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I'd probably advise not to use webs.com templates :S
But it's still a good start on a site, try to keep it nice and simple ;D

Back