• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon cartridge problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    hi guys im kinda new in the pokemon world :) can anyone help me or give some tips on how to spot fake pokemon games on GBA/DS. or how can i be sure if the game i buy is original and genuine. pictures will really help

sorry if i post on the wrong place. hope to hear some advice

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Don't worry, Fakes are usually pathetically easy to spot. Even if you don't know what real Pokemon game cartriges look like you could probably tell the difference.

Here's some fakes:
    gscfakes.jpg

I mean really, they look terrible :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    well my friend let me borrowed his pokemon emerald version and when he ask me to give it back, i decided to buy a new one, it really looks the same and after 2 days it always say my save file has been deleted :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    i thinks so, :( well i really wanted playing emerald version on my DS, its really cool to play pokemon

thanks for the answers it really helped, but i hope others will post some advices too

well i think i need some advice on how to determine sapphire ruby or emerald cartridge is a fake one, sorry if im still posting this kind of noobness, but i will be thankfull if someone answered,

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, fake emeralds (between me and my brother we've had a few) are kinda hard to spot, but real Emeralds stickers are shiny and glint in the light. Also on fake Emeralds the Official Nintendo symbol looks slightly stretched so its wider than it should be. Also if you have a 4th Gen game where you can get to Pal Park, then just catch 6 random Pokemon on your GBA game and try to Pal Park them. If it doesn't work than its a fake.
    Oh, also all of the GBA Pokemon games(I think) have shiny stickers, so thats the best way to spot a fake.
    Hope this advice helps.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Gonna move this to General Gaming since it's only related to the games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Thank you Sleet and alpha that really helped a lot, :)
    well i hope i can play emerald version soon.

sorry if i post this in the wrong thread yesterday really new on forums hehe.
    :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Its pretty easy to spot fakes...

Don't even post in the thread if you're not gonna help the guy. It's just spam.

Anyway, since you've got your answer, I'll go ahead and close this. Next time you need help, use the simple Q&A thread. :) And since you're new, welcome to PC. Hope you enjoy it here.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back