• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
wow, lots of shinies in a short time, comgrats to everyone with new shinies; for the others still hunting, don't give up.

my last shiny with the riddle is sudowoodo, it was like a month and a half ago aprox.
View attachment 62186

(yeah, I really like shiny vs shiny encounter)

I have given up on soft resets (SRs), I started using HRs (hard resets) instead for my target. 497... and counting even while writing here. I really want that shiny. lol.
Well that's all for now, I guess. (498 and counting).

see ya and happy hunting.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Congratulations to Acreus Whisper for the Shiny Rapidash (one of my fav. 1st Gen pokemon!)

What is your technique, i.e. do you collect a bunch of eggs then hatch them, collect a party full and hatch them, or anything else?
Thanks I love my Shiny Rapidash it wipes the floor with it's Iron Tail attack
My technique for Hunting is collecting a full party of eggs then flying to Celadon and switching over to my Magmar, then going to Cycling road and riding up and down. I like it cause I don't have to hold down on the plus pad cause gravity pulls me down Cycling Road. Plus it's longer than the straightaway in front of the daycare. Then I switch back to my Togekiss and fly back and get five more eggs and repeat the whole thing.

legendarypokemon

He has multiple Personalities
Years
Oh thanx Gmoney sooooooooooooooo my current hunts: A Shiny Gallade on my Emereald!!! i hatched 200 eggs but no result
Sorry to burst your bubble, but, gallade is only on dPPt and up. Anywho my hunt for shiny pidove is a no show, been running around since sunday!

On a completely random note My hundredth Post!!!! Triple digits

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Sometimes I try to MM and RE at the same time, and seeing as your luck with MM is so bad are you sure your Ditto is really Jap or just made to look that way?

My Petlil hunt is at MM:600 RE:257

That's what I've been wondering, but the Pokédex received the Japanese text for the Ditto entry, and I also gained access to the Unity Tower after trading for it.

I spent some time looking at what's available on the GTS, but 3/4 of the people on there want an Arceus, Reshiram, or Zekrom in return.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
That's what I've been wondering, but the Pokédex received the Japanese text for the Ditto entry, and I also gained access to the Unity Tower after trading for it.

I spent some time looking at what's available on the GTS, but 3/4 of the people on there want an Arceus, Reshiram, or Zekrom in return.

Hmmm, sounds pretty legit then, but i'm willing to get mine cloned if you'd like one ^_^

My Petlil hunt is getting neglected a bit now, i've had other things to do v_v. I'm
going to hopefully work on it more this weekend.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Hmmm, sounds pretty legit then, but i'm willing to get mine cloned if you'd like one ^_^

My Petlil hunt is getting neglected a bit now, i've had other things to do v_v. I'm
going to hopefully work on it more this weekend.

Thanks for the offer, but I feel like giving my Ditto more time to redeem itself. I might let the hunt reach 3,000 before looking at other options. That would be 700 eggs from now. I've seen someone else's hunt reach 2,500 eggs, and I haven't made it there yet, unless you include all of my hunts together. Good luck on the Petilil hunt.

Yesterday I caught several Ditto on White, and one of them has perfect IVs in Attack and Sp. Attack, which will be great for IV breeding. At least I've had some good luck lately.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I've decided to SR for the Unova starters because they open up a whole bunch of other targets on White (I'm not starting the game until I get all three, and possibly the elemental monkeys). My gosh, they take a long time to SR for!! So far I've done 202 Snivy, 5 Oshawott, and 34 Tepig from forgetting to move the cursor over, "lol." :cer_laugh:

Welcome to the club, atif and Shiny Snivy!

after 2636 abra sr i finally got my shiny

it's a shiny Adamant Dwebble

an Audino appeared and it was shiny

yester day i got a shiny weavile from GTS!

Shiny goldeen

it was a Shiny Magikarp!

After 11368 SRs, tepig FINALLY decides to shine!!

I found a SHINY RAPIDASH.

After 790 eggs I hatched a Shiny Snivy!!

Congrats on all the shinies, Shiny Hunters!! :pink_boogie: You've had a tremendous streak!! This is really awesome. Whoo!!! *excited for everyone* :cer_boogie:

Nice reactions too, especially Kirozane and Shiny Snivy. I guess Shiny Snivy picked a great name! :cer_laugh:

the riddle is sudowoodo

Haha, I was nowhere close! An awesome shiny you've got there, Chr. ;) By the way, you have a really cool title - how were you promoted to such an esteemed Choctor position? :D

Yesterday I caught several Ditto on White, and one of them has perfect IVs in Attack and Sp. Attack, which will be great for IV breeding. At least I've had some good luck lately.

By the time you actually do get your shiny Litwick (optimist's projection: June 2014), at least it'll have good IVs!! "lol," I'm just joking. You're going to get it tomorrow. :pink_nod:

EDIT: Haha, that post read more like a "Shiny Hunters's Week in Review." It really wouldn't be that much of a step to turn it into a newspaper - we have a section on recent shinies, an article investigating a member's name, a horoscope for our co-owner, and an update on the hunts of the all-important G-Money. Now we just need some artwork and poor attempts at humorous titles, and we've got ourselves a shiny newspaper! :cer_laugh:

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Current target 938... and counting.

G-Money said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco
the riddle is sudowoodo

Haha, I was nowhere close! An awesome shiny you've got there, Chr. ;) By the way, you have a really cool title - how were you promoted to such an esteemed Choctor position? :D

I'll be trying to put more riddles as that one for any new shiny i get. Choctor sounds like doctor i guess... still no idea what you mean. btw, hope you get your unova starters soon, you have both b & w?
The newspaper sounds like a good idea, i have some pokemon drawings but don't know which one to use.

To Latios Master:
hope you get your litwick, it must have been a long hunt for you.

947 and counting....

(I'll reveal my target soon, hopefully)

Cya all and happy hunting.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks, G-Money and Chr. Draco.

I traded for some Japanese Pokémon on the GTS. They are Eevee, Litwick, Axew, Cranidos, Gible, Cyndaquil, Mudkip x2, Skarmory, Totodile, Archen, Deino, Zorua, Snivy x3, Anorith, and Druddigon. The first two Snivy looked like they may have been hacked, so I had to trade for a third one. They looked normal except for their date of getting received, which said 2000 and 2005, so I released them. I hatched about 30 eggs of various Pokémon using the Masuda Method that people wanted in return. The real prize of the group is the Litwick, which has four perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense. I was really lucky to get that one. I switched the Ditto with Litwick and gave it a Power Lens, which I just got today from the Battle Subway, and I am breeding it with a Litwick that has a perfect Speed stat that I hatched earlier this year while MMing. The Japanese Litwick has a Modest nature, so I gave an Everstone to the Timid Litwick that I'm breeding it with because I want to hatch Litwick with a Timid nature. I hatched a total of 2,320 Litwick using a Japanese Ditto. The hunt, using a Japanese Litwick, picks up from there and is currently at 2,355. Every Litwick I hatch has a perfect Sp. Attack IV, and most have a second or third perfect IV as well. My Archen hunt increased a little to 60. That will be my next main hunt if this Litwick hunt ever ends.

I doubt I'll get it tomorrow. My focus on Sundays is football. Go Vikings! (They may go 0-16) :(

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Thanks, G-Money and Chr. Draco.

I traded for some Japanese Pokémon on the GTS. They are Eevee, Litwick, Axew, Cranidos, Gible, Cyndaquil, Mudkip x2, Skarmory, Totodile, Archen, Deino, Zorua, Snivy x3, Anorith, and Druddigon. The first two Snivy looked like they may have been hacked, so I had to trade for a third one. They looked normal except for their date of getting received, which said 2000 and 2005, so I released them. I hatched about 30 eggs of various Pokémon using the Masuda Method that people wanted in return. The real prize of the group is the Litwick, which has four perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense. I was really lucky to get that one. I switched the Ditto with Litwick and gave it a Power Lens, which I just got today from the Battle Subway, and I am breeding it with a Litwick that has a perfect Speed stat that I hatched earlier this year while MMing. The Japanese Litwick has a Modest nature, so I gave an Everstone to the Timid Litwick that I'm breeding it with because I want to hatch Litwick with a Timid nature. I hatched a total of 2,320 Litwick using a Japanese Ditto. The hunt, using a Japanese Litwick, picks up from there and is currently at 2,355. Every Litwick I hatch has a perfect Sp. Attack IV, and most have a second or third perfect IV as well. My Archen hunt increased a little to 60. That will be my next main hunt if this Litwick hunt ever ends.

I doubt I'll get it tomorrow. My focus on Sundays is football. Go Vikings! (They may go 0-16) :(

Wow. That's somethin. XD If you really want japanese legit pokemon, I have two games I can run around and get stuff with. XD SS and Black. I imported them cause I'm all impatient and stuff....

But I still think my coolest thing was the Litwick I MM'd on my japanese black. My main team Chandelure and an english ditto went in and egg 26 ended up shiny~

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Hey everyone,

Sorry Kirozane, well done on your shiny Goldeen! :D Also congrats to Chr. Draco for the Sudowoodo, that's amazing, Sudowoodo is a tough pokemon and it looks great shiny!

Good luck everyone, especially G-money, SRing for all shiny starters! What dedication, I SRed for Snivy for..... months (no idea how many SRs) before I gave up and started MMing for the starters. AAAAND my quest has officially finished this morning! With the third and final starter hatching!

I have a Sassy Snivy, a Docile Oshawott and a Quiet Tepig (natures are average, but I don't mind) and they are all shiny :D Ah what a great day.

Also I have decided to buy a 3DS this week so I can finally get on the GTS, yay!!

Good luck everyone and keep hunting, I'm going to go and start my Shiny adventure in White now!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Okay, first things first, my current count is 1144 and counting...

To Kirozane:
Good you got your's in a short amount of hatches, congrats.

To Latios Master:
Don't worry, the point is not give up in something you really want, in this case litwick, and it's good it's going to have a 31 IV Sp. Atk and more probabilities on having the desired nature.
Btw, did your team won on sunday?

To shiny snivy:
Thanks, sudowoodo it's cool, but I had to SR it a lot because I SRed 2 shiny sudowoodo by accident, anyway, the third one is the one, you know. Also congrats on your Unova shiny trio.

I'll start again my HR's for my current target, Cya everyone and happy hunting.

Last edited:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Just a quick check in. Gulpin 477 Eggs Unown 400 RE's.

I needed a Mudkip in my Heartgold so I restarted my Emerald, but then I decided to play through the rest of the game (thinking I might just run into a Random Shiny). Then today in English Class I was bored I decided to hatch a box of Koffing Eggs, only because it was the first Poke that I encountered both Male and Female. No results, but then it hit me that without the MM then it was a waste to take the time to hatch eggs. Unless you really want a specific pokemon I guess, but anyway now I need a good spot to RE in Emerald, for next time I get an urge to Hunt in English Class (Early American Literature puts me to sleep). I was thinking Fiery Path. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
To Latios Master:
Don't worry, the point is not give up in something you really want, in this case litwick, and it's good it's going to have a 31 IV Sp. Atk and more probabilities on having the desired nature.
Btw, did your team won on sunday?

Yes, they won 34-10 over the Cardinals.:) Now I don't have to worry about a winless season. They only face one more team that's struggling as much as they are, the Broncos on 12/4.

To Kirozane: Thanks for the offer. If there's anything I'm interested in, I'll let you know. I'm pretty sure everything minus the two Snivy I mentioned are legit.

This week's random hunt is... Gligar!

Litwick: 2,411

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

My current count is 1304 and counting, you know.

To Latos Master:
Thats good, maybe they're going to win the next one also. btw, gligar looks cool in its shiny coloration.

To arceus whisper:
If you're going to Fiery path, then I think a good option would be torkoal, if you want a place with suspensful music then meteor falls (bagon) or mt pyre (chimecho).

1316 and counting...

Last edited:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Hey I have a quick question. Hypothetically if I wanted to catch a Shiny Wynaut, but don't have a Lax Incense and since it is statistically proven that you are more likely to encounter a Shiny Pokemon than to visit Mirage Island, could I save BEFORE the lady gives me the Wynaut egg, hatch it and if it's not shiny SR and try again?

Anyway I'm facing Flannery as we speak I will hopefully beat the E4 before this weekend so that way when I'm ready I will be able to take on my Legendary Hoenn Hunt. My plan is to catch a Shiny Groudon, Kyorge, Rayquaza, Regirock, Regice, Registeel and Lati(a/os). After that transfer them to my Heartgold (confession time... I do not own a fifth gen game yet, I know they're already a year old. I am getting White for Christmas so I will be able to MM with 1/1133 chances or whatever odds it is). I'm thinking after I MM Gulpin and RE Unown that I will start that Shiny Quest, to be honest I will be super pleased if I can catch all seven before college. :\

To arceus whisper:
If you're going to Fiery path, then I think a good option would be torkoal, if you want a place with suspensful music then meteor falls (bagon) or mt pyre (chimecho).
Well I'm not looking for a single target, I am looking for a place with a lot of really cool shinies and running around there and see if something pops up. I do like the Mt. Pyre idea, both Chimecho and Shuppet are really cool shinies.

Good luck on all of our respective shiny hunts and may we see some blue Gulpins and Unowns.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
btw, hope you get your unova starters soon, you have both b & w?

Thanks! I have both B and W, and I finished B back in April. I never even opened W until recently, and I'm going to try to get the starters now. I have a lot more incentive to hunt them than Palkia right now because I don't have the W version exclusives or the ability to trade in the 5th gen right now. *is motivated to get Unova starters*

I have a Sassy Snivy, a Docile Oshawott and a Quiet Tepig (natures are average, but I don't mind) and they are all shiny :D Ah what a great day.

Congratulations!!!!! That's a really nice set! I hope you don't mind if I keep up the spirit of your hunt. :)

sudowoodo it's cool, but I had to SR it a lot because I SRed 2 shiny sudowoodo by accident, anyway, the third one is the one, you know.

Aw, that's so frustrating! It's absolutely taunting to have a shiny in your grasp and watch it slip through. I know how it feels (SRed over a shiny Chikorita), and it's one of the worst experiences a shiny hunter can have. May none of us ever SR over a shiny again! *enchants SHC*

Hey I have a quick question. Hypothetically if I wanted to catch a Shiny Wynaut, but don't have a Lax Incense and since it is statistically proven that you are more likely to encounter a Shiny Pokemon than to visit Mirage Island, could I save BEFORE the lady gives me the Wynaut egg, hatch it and if it's not shiny SR and try again?

Anyway I'm facing Flannery as we speak I will hopefully beat the E4 before this weekend so that way when I'm ready I will be able to take on my Legendary Hoenn Hunt. My plan is to catch a Shiny Groudon, Kyorge, Rayquaza, Regirock, Regice, Registeel and Lati(a/os). After that transfer them to my Heartgold (confession time... I do not own a fifth gen game yet, I know they're already a year old. I am getting White for Christmas so I will be able to MM with 1/1133 chances or whatever odds it is). I'm thinking after I MM Gulpin and RE Unown that I will start that Shiny Quest, to be honest I will be super pleased if I can catch all seven before college. :\

Well I'm not looking for a single target, I am looking for a place with a lot of really cool shinies and running around there and see if something pops up. I do like the Mt. Pyre idea, both Chimecho and Shuppet are really cool shinies.

Good luck on all of our respective shiny hunts and may we see some blue Gulpins and Unowns.

Sure, why not? (Sorry, necessary pun. :cer_laugh:) You can SR before you get the egg, but it's a lot faster to just get 5 eggs and then hatch them all at the same time, with a Slugma (or any Flame Body/Magma Armor Pokemon) in the front of your party. You can get a Lax Incense on Mt. Pyre in R/S/E or in the Lost Cave in FR/LG. Mt. Pyre is an awesome place to shiny hunt, and you can get the Lax Incense while you're over there!

Good luck on your Hoenn Quest! That's remarkably similar to one of my very first posts on PC, which just shows you how long I've been putting off my own Hoenn Quest, haha. Mine was a little different, and I've failed miserably, "lol." The best of luck to you! *channels Hoenn luck and energy into artifact, gives artifact to Arceus Whisper*

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Just updating my progress... 1464 HRs

I sometimes play other games when I'm starting to get bored of waiting, but surely it will appear soon.

To G-Money:
Thanks, I think a GL charm will do for all type of hunts, anyway, I believe you in chikorita because when you saw it, you maybe were ready to SR and your fingers where faster than yourself, It's a little frustrating, more when you repeatedly do it, and more when it takes more time to appear again.

Btw, I'm trying to do a non-evolution shiny game, so my shiny totodile won't evolve, for sudowoodo, well in my opinion it's not an evolution but a normal stage, because it was not until generation IV when it got it's pre-evolution, so I think I will use it for my SS adventure, I already did something similar in ruby, but had to evolve everyone during the elite 4 (good battle music, one of my favorites), because the evolved forms overpowered my team; I think it was not until steven when I decided to evolve them, for the rest I had to use a lot of strategy, even having a little more lvl than their's, frustrating but fun at the same time and you may imagine other forms of difficulty I wanted to add at that time, but this time I want to do it with a shiny team without evolution, and I think I'll do the same in B&W. There's also a solo speedrun I want to do, saw some people on youtube and it inspired me, unfortunately can't do because I want to catch Reshiram/zekrom at the dragon spiral tower because I find the place more epic.

Wow, I had never written a lot for a post, so sorry for any mistakes in my writting and if it's too long, I'll try to make it short next time.
Well, time to continue my hunt. cya and happy hunting for everyone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Anyone had any luck lately?

I've been continuing my BW play through and my shiny trio have all evolved (see updated sig.) I'm sitting on badge 7/8 and I have suddenly decided I want a shiny Solosis so that's my current target. I've been MMing for that today. I'm only just over 60 eggs in and I'm hoping I'll be one of those ridiculously lucky people that hatch a shiny after about 100 (earlier would also be appreciated)

Good luck everyone :D

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
I've been doing a ton of RE's for Unown (ton being a relative term) I am now up to 567 RE's, I know not a lot but over the past three weeks I only did 400 now today alone I did 167 plus I still have the whole weekend. I am taking a break from Emerald, I really want Gulpin and Unown. Tomorrow I probably will push for Gulpin since I'm spending all tonight on Unown. I also have taken an interest in Rumble shinies (my interest perked after my Rapidash find) I was wondering if the chances of finding a shiny on Rumble are still 1/8192 or not cause if they are then I am definitively gonna take a handheld hiatus and pursue some shines on Rumble in the near future.

I'm hoping I'll be one of those ridiculously lucky people that hatch a shiny after about 100
I'm in your boat I am currently at 495 eggs for Gulpin =/

Back