• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2008
Yes I know, but the script in the notes looked very diffrent then phoenixprimes and didn't worked out. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I have just one question that has been bugging me for ages.

Is there a way to make it so that moving events (Like NPCs) can walk through Player Touch events?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I've made a new release today. This time, I've added an editor for more convenient access to game settings, as well as implementing the trainer throwing animation.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I've made a new release today. This time, I've added an editor for more convenient access to game settings, as well as implementing the trainer throwing animation.

My goodness, you're bloody fantastic. You should hang around here more often; you quite elusive. Again, great work.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
lol, I finally get everything working with the last release and then poccil releases a new version.

Anyway, Thanks!

EDIT: Poccil, I would like to recommend that you change the screenshot output from BMP to PNG. PNG is superior, smaller size files and same quality.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Flameguru, just change the script (in PokemonSystem), replacing .bmp with .png.

Years
New Vr. Bug report! :D
This is what I've found so far:
1. When you run away from a battle (As soon as you get into it) if you're quick you can still see the pokeball from the trainer back animation.
2. (This may just be my project) But when you try to use the Old Rod on water, you get an error x]

Thanks, Dusty

Years
Hi,

I have a little problem with the translation. I extracted the text and i modified some second lines in the new file intl.txt.
Then i compiled and it created the file intl.dat and as it was said, i have created a script with pbLoadMessages(intl.dat). But when i try to run the script in the game, there is an error :

Spoiler:

Someone can help me?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The filename (intl.dat) should be in quotation marks, so that it becomes recognized as a string. For example:
Code:
pbLoadMessages("intl.dat")

Years
Well, unfortunately it was the first thing i tried (the quotation marks). I had no error but it changed nothing to the text in the game.

For example i modified

A Map<<n>>Shows visited Places.
Une carte<<r>><<n>>Montre les lieux visites.
A Radio<<n>>Used to listen to Music.
Une radio<<r>><<n>>Pour ecouter de la musique.
A Phone<<n>>Used to call People.
Un téléphone<<r>><<n>>Pour appeler des gens.

I think that it has to be done like that, no? And well, it modified nothing :/

Also, i dont know if it is linked, but when i tried to put the name of a file i hadn't, like pbLoadMessages("inl.dat") (without the "t"), it did nothing at all too, not even saying me that the file doesnt exist ^^'.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Is it in the right folder (the main folder with the game.rxproj file)?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Does anyone know if the gender icons/pictures have been updated in the newest version? I tried downloading the new version and replacing the Fonts folder, but they remained the same..

Years
@ Wichu : Yes it is. It is there that it is compiled, so i let it in that folder. I also tried to put a copy in the data folder in the case that it had to be there but it changed nothing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
In a battle, you have two fonts. One is the one where you make your selections on the menu, one is where you can see HP and EXP and the likes. How do you change the font on the latter boxes?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
They were updated a while ago; perhaps your not fully updating your game correctly?

No, I can't be bothered to do that :P

But really, the demo for my game is supposed to be out in a weak, so I don't have the time to update. Does anyone know which files to update just to get the icons working?

Years
Ok, i have found the problem for the translation... In fact, when I walk on the place where there is the script, it translate the game. But the real problem is that if i close the game and i restart it, it will not be translated... I will have to walk again on the spot of the script :/.

Is it normal poccil? The translation cannot be definitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back